Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:27:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Transfer Charms  (Read 30393 times)
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 06:15:57 pm »

Warriors were not nerfed; other classes have been balanced. The rhetoric makes a big difference.

Nothing happened to warriors. They do the same DPS that they did. They tank the same that they did. Now, it would be nice to give their UC to a DPS class to get even more DPS for minimal effort. That is up to Hunter. I would benefit from it as well, but it is laughable to say that warriors were nerfed. If we ask nicely or come up with more compelling arguments maybe he'll do it, but not based on a faulty premise.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 06:21:42 pm »

The point I'm trying to make is that if you have an UC, it should be worth as much on the paladin as on the wizard as on the warrior (as on the enchanter lol)

If that is not the case, then classes are not balanced properly, or UC is only for certain classes and maybe other classes need an alternative.
If that is the case, then there is no need for charms to be made droppable, since what you have is perfectly fine.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 06:25:28 pm »

That wasn't the point of my post, Paladins were nerfed (replaced) as the top healers and top DPS. Warriors were nerfed (replaced) as the top AoE damage dealers. Paladin DPS has not been nerfed much anyways, just their ability to heal groups the best. Sure, the amount of healing and damage the epic proc did was reduced, but paladins still tank just as well as warriors, still DPS better than them, and heal. Warriors only have the advantage in aggro capabilities. If you have a close mind about nerfs and view them as only a reduction in abilities to certain classes, then that is your cup of tea and it would be a correct notion to say Warriors were not nerfed. I view them as classes being replaceable now. Wizards are replaceable as DPS with the new change to the spell. Warriors are replaceable as AoE characters because of Berserkers now. Knights can hold aggro with dread gaze and a crafted scepter of time- I clicky incredibly easily. Paladins tank better than Warriors with their stonewall.  They do more DPS. Warriors as a class are underpowered at best now, and the one purpose they had over paladins matters not if you make a berserker now. I view that as a nerf, if you do not, that is your own opinion.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:28:23 pm by Destined » Logged
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 07:23:30 pm »

Hey all im asking is to play a mixture of classes rather than 3 classes.  Im not selling any charms.   I just would like to make a change and I think would be fun as hell.  Those charms have allowed me to help certain people get 4.0's for free.  I dont see how I would affect anyone by playing one wizard with UC and a monk, rogue with one rather than all three wizards.  Maybe Im just simple minded but I am here for fun, and when I saw Hunter pop up this idea I thought amg this is so cool!  /shrug oh well man, maybe we should have it as a paid service or something?

Poop
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 10:50:41 pm »

Warriors as a class are underpowered at best now, and the one purpose they had over paladins matters not if you make a berserker now. I view that as a nerf, if you do not, that is your own opinion.

From Urban Dictionary, nerf means "To make worse or weaken, usually in the context of weakening something in order to balance out a game."

I don't quote it as an authority, but because it represent the general consensus definition. So actually, you're the one redefining it.

But again, I'm not just trying to correct. I'm trying to help you to see that what you need is a more compelling argument. You know what? You're making a compelling argument about paladins being more powerful than warriors, and about the impact of the crafted scepter of time on the abilities of knights. Keep going with that. Those are great arguments, but simply labeling something a nerf gets us nowhere.
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »

It is certainly fair to say the usefulness of warriors was nerfed heavily, which I did mention they are replaceable from the get-go. No, they did not get nerfed in a conventional sense, but bringing a different character beyond the abilities of another nerfs the class it went beyond. We saw that with clerics versus paladins, firestrikes versus icestrikes, etc etc. I know what the conventional MMO definition of nerf is, but it doesn't have to simply fall under a direct destruction of a class's abilities or damage. If you're running a business and selling light bulbs for 3 dollars each and another guy sells his for two, everyone will buy the ones for two dollars except a few people who have an emotional investment in you and your business. Same thing here for warriors, people still use them as main tanks because that's what they know, but when it comes out that paladins are MUCH better tanks, people will play their paladins for that. Much like paladins are getting replaced in groups slowly by clerics.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 01:00:29 am »

And then you have paladin tanks and are kicking yourself for taking the UC charm away from them. And then you work on an UC for them and warriors become top tanks again and you'll be kicking yourself for taking the RoA away from your warrior.

At the very least we have to reach a stable situation before any decisions are made, but I just think opening up for transfer will just open the floodgates of the QQ-continuum later on.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 01:15:59 am »

Each tank has a strong point. None are really hugely better than others.
I personally have a paladin and War in my group, redundant tanking, poison cures, heal proc, stonewall, etc...
Mix and match, or whatever... don't put all your eggs in one basket

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 02:40:03 am »

Warriors were not nerfed; other classes have been balanced. The rhetoric makes a big difference.

Nothing happened to warriors. They do the same DPS that they did. They tank the same that they did. Now, it would be nice to give their UC to a DPS class to get even more DPS for minimal effort. That is up to Hunter. I would benefit from it as well, but it is laughable to say that warriors were nerfed. If we ask nicely or come up with more compelling arguments maybe he'll do it, but not based on a faulty premise.

First, thanks for the tip about punctuation, i will make an effort.  Cheesy

Second, what you said about war is wrong, but its not the point of this topic, so just for a remind, war and ranger dps got nerfed with a source update a couple of month ago.  Lips sealed

But again, this is not the point of this post, we just want to get the chance now to set up our new toon with the charm we made by pain and suffering, its not for any sell purpose.  Huh

If you don't want to move any charm from your toon, then its fine for you, but many people will use this chance to be able to full play another class without having to wait "insert here number of month or week you will need to make a new UC" Shocked

Keep in your mind there is a lot of casual player in EZ, its not a live server, many player have maybe only one or two UC, and it took a loooooooooong time to do.  Undecided

And to finish, i want to say : le serveur vient de faire d'énorme mise a jour en terme de jouabilité, cela demande donc a tous de s'adapter, un changement dans leur façon de jouer est nécessaire.
Par conséquent une nouvelle stratégie doit être mise en place, mais seulement si l'on peut transférer nos UC, c'est un gain de temps énorme ... sans quoi, il n'y aura pas de changement de stratégie, ce qui équivaut à une perte de puissance et l'incapacité d'attendre la fin de jeu ...  Roll Eyes
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 04:46:28 am »

Most of our class rebalance is almost done. Should just be minor changes in classes, at least in the near future.

I'll announce in advance when we plan to make charms droppable. Might make it all charms, all classes, for 1-2 days allowed to trade.

Since most of the class changes are done, and T5 is going to open soon, might do it the same day that I open T5 (Feb 26th).

Will keep ya posted. Thanks for the feed back.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 04:52:23 am »

Thanks Hunter, we all appreciate the hard work.

Poop
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 04:53:55 am »

Like every time you come and speak with wisdom and reason, what can we say ? thanks a lot Cheesy
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:55 pm »

le serveur vient de faire d'énorme mise a jour en terme de jouabilité, cela demande donc a tous de s'adapter, un changement dans leur façon de jouer est nécessaire.
Par conséquent une nouvelle stratégie doit être mise en place, mais seulement si l'on peut transférer nos UC, c'est un gain de temps énorme ... sans quoi, il n'y aura pas de changement de stratégie, ce qui équivaut à une perte de puissance et l'incapacité d'attendre la fin de jeu ...  Roll Eyes

I was curious what this said, so i transfered it directly into a French to English translator (as seen below). It doensn't look right, the translator seems to have failed. mind translating what you said?

The waiter has just done huge placement has day in terms of playability, that asks therefore has all to adapt itself, a change in their manner to play is necessary.  Consequently a new strategy must be set up, but only if one can transfer our UC, it is a huge saving of time... without what, there will be not change of strategy, which is equivalent to a loss of power and the inability to await the game end

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2011, 10:48:33 pm »

Never mind, found a different (better) translator

The server has just made an enormous update in term of gameplay, it calls to all to adapt, a change in their way to play is necessary. Therefore a new strategy must be put in place, but only if it can transfer our UC, it is a gain of time enormous ... without what, there will not change of strategy, which is equivalent to a loss of power and the inability to wait until the end of the game

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:12 pm »

Я просто хочу я имел 1 УК. Я думаю, хорошие вещи происходят при наличии терпения и напряженной работы хотя. Здесь я приехал teir 2 Через 4 лишь около миллиона символы орудий лова.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65014
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)