Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:22:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SoD is working!  (Read 18056 times)
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:05 pm »

I did the install and changed the login server but still cant get logged, keeps hanging then says it cant contact the server

Did you do the #setlsinfo thing?
Mercarsist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 11:38:06 pm »

Cannot get logged in to do the setinfo thing
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 12:10:28 am »

do it in titanium or SoF
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 02:43:16 am »

I did the install and changed the login server but still cant get logged, keeps hanging then says it cant contact the server

Getting that message doesn't mean your account info is wrong, it means your port is.  Make sure you changed the port in your eqhost.txt file from 5998 to 5999.  Only port 5999 works for SoD, as that is how the LS knows that it is SoD so it can send info a little differently to work properly with it.
Mercarsist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 09:42:33 am »

After doing that i get the user account/pw info is incorrect.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:54 am »

You have to do it from Titanium or SoF.
I had to.

1. start Titanium or SoF client
2. Log in to Grand Creation (normal login server)
3. do the #setlsinfo email password
4. quit
5. start SoD client
6. Log In to ez (new login server)
7. Play

thats it...
login is the same for both client... the user you always used

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 07:20:49 am »

I would appreciate the server that worked sometimes with mild zone crashes back, not trying to be an angry andy, but seriously when can we have our "only sometime's downed Plane of fire back?".  I can't be the only one who knows the server is messed up, and lets work backwards here and find the problem! I assume, ( and i know about assumptions ) but, lets be honest, since the SoD and Bard fixes it has been messed up, you guys know what happened, and has been happening.  Again I love this server and am angry because I am not able to play "properly" for the last week and I am afraid it won't be fixed anytime soon.  just one mans rant, please hunter I love your server, I just want it the way it was, minus the multiple crashes.                          Scootz want to lootz =P
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:22:57 am »

I dont see how SoD could affect Plane of Fire but... maybe it does!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 07:48:58 am »

Honestly, when will EZ work properly again?

Scootz
Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 07:52:48 am »

And the last thing i will say, how many ppl playing on this server will admit the frustaration growing due to the "new whatever" ? and the zone crashes?

Scootz
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 11:43:15 am »

as with as evolution it takes large amounts of  time before we can prefect

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 12:38:55 pm »

And the last thing i will say, how many ppl playing on this server will admit the frustaration growing due to the "new whatever" ? and the zone crashes?

You forget that this is not Hunter's job.  He has a RL job and family.  The same goes for anyone who helps out or fixes problems here.

You have to be patient....just as krujo81 said... as new things are added to make EZ a better place, there will be bugs.  Those bugs take time and a lot of hard work to work out without having people complain about it.

Rob Smiley
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 04:29:23 pm »

There have been a couple changes to resolve a fairly major issue lately and the changes have been causing some crash problems.  It is not related to SoD in any way, it is for all clients.  I don't know what revision EZ is currently running, but I do know that it is top priority to resolve the crash issues with the recent code if they haven't been resolved already by some of the changes from today's updates on the SVN.

By keeping up with the current code, there will be bumps from time to time, but generally it shouldn't cause many or any problems.  Not only does keeping up with the latest code mean that the server gets the latest and greatest updates/fixes, but it also means it gets the newest exploit/hack fixes, which are extremely important.  If a stability issue is seen, all you need to do is report it with as much detail as possible and if it is related to the source code in any way, I am sure we can resolve it.  If it effects all servers, it will definitely be top priority to resolve and will probably be fixed within 1 day normally.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187