Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:00:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: INSTANCES CRASH  (Read 14433 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »

Tongue

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Avanju

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 05:24:46 pm »

How about one active solo instance per account / character?  or one active instance per guild?  You would have to delete other instances to create a new one.
Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 05:32:38 pm »

I agree. The only way to stop a huge number of instances is to limit them to only having one of each type open at any given time. As soon as you try to make another instance of that type the previous one should be deleted.
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »

Well, since There usually not working for more than a day or two, maybe lowering instance cost of guild to 10k, group instance to 5k, get rid of solo instance (which peronally i use alot, but i would be willing to lose it for less crashing and related problems ) and have them last 3 days instead of seven.
 It would still allow power campers to get there goods without causing train fights or have to share spawns.

If someone dosen't box, I don't see how they would need an instance in most zones anyway, they would likely be better off
in Pub looking for a group.

BTW guys, just FYI~
Having more than one instance per account makes no difference at all. there dynamic zones created when you enter, and they close when you leave. there not there existing empty. They simply vanish and dont use any server resources.  So that would make no difference at all.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:41:40 pm by trogdorr » Logged

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 05:46:05 pm »

I agree. The only way to stop a huge number of instances is to limit them to only having one of each type open at any given time. As soon as you try to make another instance of that type the previous one should be deleted.

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 05:47:40 pm »

BTW guys, just FYI~
Having more than one instance per account makes no difference at all. there dynamic zones created when you enter, and they close when you leave. there not there existing empty. They simply vanish and dont use any server resources.  So that would make no difference at all.

But another issue is the limit on the zones, I logged off in a group instance went out for the day here I sit again trying to get my toons into my "instance" and keep getting kicked back cause the Dynamic zone doesn't open up and allow me to log into it.. (to many up atm)

group and guild instances 12 hrs... @ reasonable $

solo @ 2 hrs for reasonable $

shrug still better then it was a while back when you couldn't instance ldon at all so either way I'm happy..

woot chars just logged in!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:49:25 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 05:51:45 pm »

I say clear all group and guild at server reboot. If you must have a solo (for reasons unknown) set a 2-6 hour time limit....

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »

I say clear all group and guild at server reboot. If you must have a solo (for reasons unknown) set a 2-6 hour time limit....

Awesome idea.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 05:57:57 pm »

yeah keep same prices and just clear @ 6am reboot

-Hate"
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »

Well in that line of thinking, wouldent that be too many 'active' instances open?
 Theres no way to limit that without putting a price on it no one can afford. and making an instance 100k....ppfft... I would never use another again. And it would drive the price of camped items to unreachable levels. Im not rich enough for that kind of dough.

Honestly, what we have should be good enough. without a hardware upgrade on the server, its what we have to work with. I for one can live with this buggy instance issue rather than revert to none or have instances out of reach to me.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »

I for one can live with this buggy instance issue rather than revert to none or have instances out of reach to me.

true

-Hate"
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 07:18:18 pm »

I didn't see this anywhere so i'll offer it up for discussion. Why not just code solo instances to delete themselves when no one is present in them? Fugi like me ended up having 15-20 solo instances all over jsut because i didn't delete them after using them.

Is there a way ( maybe similar to using w/e coding is in guild instances, that causes mobs/loot to depop, if everyone is out of the zone), possible to look at that codeline and find a way to use it to delete solo instance once the person leaves it?

At 5k per solo instance, the price to remake it should u have to gate to nex etc, is a joke. The only peopel that would complain are those that don't yet have decent pp, and they shouldn't be concerened about making/remaking ton's of solo instances anyhow.

stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 01:44:47 am »

lol , people don't even bother anymore in public. Most of the time if you stick around for an half hour the zone is yours hehe

TankAndSpankMe

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 12:16:45 pm »

well solo instances are gone and my guild instances are still disappearing 2 Qvic yesterday, only way to get back in was dying out when I had to leave and rezing back in.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »

From my understanding, QVIC and TACVI instances are fubar'ed atm. When bossman gets time to fix this, he will.

In the meantime, the kids will have the share the toys. I know sharing isn't fun, but you have to share.

...if not, I'll turn this car around!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats