Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 07:45:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion for 4.5 and 5.0 weapons  (Read 32386 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:35 am »

I agree and don't agree with you Brokyn.

I don't want to see a change in the anger aug aspect of it now cause it will force me to use this vs that. Just to hold aggro.(after I completed T5 with is as is)

There has to be a better ideal, it's the right path..

I still feel Xiggies Augment request about a new crafted aug is more inline with a correct fix this will help with healing and the 1shots that happen..

I maxxed warrior going in T5 with a decent grp it's not like he dies every fight but can eat it on a whim.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 09:29:14 am »

When I suggested that a Warrior could choose, I was saying that as a really, REALLY positive thing.  In my case, my SK is the tank, and my Pally is the secondary tank.  If a warrior joins the group, then they almost immediately draw aggro and die.  If they had an option of dual wielding epics with damage procs instead of Nerds, they could be there for DPS instead of being a dead tank (dead tanks do no damage).

I am not suggesting that warriors would HAVE to change to 2hs, but giving them the option might help to mitigate some of the damage they do take, and providing them with an extra way to survive while gearing up

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Tylo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 09:50:28 am »

anger V has no aggro component, it is purely for dps and minimal AE aggro.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:48 am »

When I suggested that a Warrior could choose, I was saying that as a really, REALLY positive thing.  In my case, my SK is the tank, and my Pally is the secondary tank.  If a warrior joins the group, then they almost immediately draw aggro and die.  If they had an option of dual wielding epics with damage procs instead of Nerds, they could be there for DPS instead of being a dead tank (dead tanks do no damage).

I am not suggesting that warriors would HAVE to change to 2hs, but giving them the option might help to mitigate some of the damage they do take, and providing them with an extra way to survive while gearing up

Warriors can use Icestrikes Vs to up their DPS currently, Ive played with it and my 2nd warrior doesn't take aggro away from my main.

I understand what ya mean Brokyn
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:16:30 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 10:13:18 am »

anger V has no aggro component, it is purely for dps and minimal AE aggro.

Anger Vs are  AE damage with minimal aggro
Anger IVs are single target Direct Damage with high aggro.

What was your post intended to say? I'm a bit confused.. not beating on ya just wondering

-Hate"
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 01:38:50 pm »

I don't know why, but I've always been a fan of swinging a big ass 2 handed on a Warrior.  Having the option of a War 2 gander would really excite me.  However, if that is an option, would love to see it before T5. Kinda like the Ranger bow and make it start at T3 or somethin.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »

I somewhat agree there with you xiggie about beastlords not needing anything. Myself I love their dps, but pet survivability is terrible. The pets need some type of mitigation, or more hitpoints to survive. I have 2 bst's, done alot of grinding with them, and started as my original character almost 3 years ago as one. I'd just like to see them scale up with the rest of the classes. Granted they can put out over 100k dps, if you can't keep the pet alive that goes down dramatically.

Some suggestions

-Increase pet melee mitigation

-Increase their HP(or add a new spell that lets the bst buff their pet with something similar to their shielding wards, but it's more HP instead.)

-And for all pet classes, increase their run speed, i find my pet lacking way behind while going through HoH all the time.

If i think of anymore, i'll update it.

As for myself in T5 i don't do it by myself, or have any desire to. It was made a raid zone, and that's how i do it. Every Sunday FP raids Abyss. I find it more enjoyable with someone other than myself in the zone to talk to. As for the content, i love the concept, but HATE the water.

As for warriors i do agree, and even notice it in HoH out of all places that my warrior can get more unlucky than my pally and the warrior has 100k more hp. Not sure what the deal is with it, but new augs could give them the edge that they need.

That's my 2cp for now, share your input and discuss!

/em Puts on flame and troll retardant spray.   =D
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 05:08:20 pm »

Not to discredit anyone else's experience with Beastlords but I don't know anyone on the server that has played a bst as long as Solbash and his brother. I think his suggestions are sound and good. I don't think there is a way to add mitigation to pets, I think that has been tried before but to no avail.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 06:55:54 pm »

Pally Heal proc on the 5.0s maybe should get a 5% - 10% bump just cause they are 5.0s (shrug)

4.5s and 5.0s should have a 10-12 % increase melee damage per epic level.(since damage was just fixed)

Wizzy/Mage 4.5/5.0 add more mana and more mana regen and find something that it can be augged with no seems like 2 aug slots are always empty

Cleric 5.0 Click should be some type of HoT that last for 30 secs.

Shaman 5.0 Click should be 30k buff that stacks with Armor of the crab. (heh)

SK 5.0 click higher damage on the HT or 2 of the current ones.

T5 BPs should have approx 2-5k more hps on all classes

T5 BPs should have 3 aug slots

Pets should have a 10% Damage increase on proc per Epic Level (can be done with the V3 Pet weapons)

Make it so you can buff from Hailing pets in T5.

Remove lore tag from all plat bag drops in T5.

Drop the Wrist spawn limit them to 4 hr max not 6 or whatever

T5 Belt Where is it?

VI Aug component that upgrades your V to a VI but makes it no drop, so basically whoever loots it has to also have crafter's guild done to upgrade their own augs.

Add Gems and PP to Trash in T5 same as HoH or a nudge better.

I'll go through this later and clean it up.

I have some more thoughts I'll add later too.

Add thoughts no heartache hear from good changes.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:43:03 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 07:12:22 pm »

I agree with fugi here. There should be more dmg as you scale up with your epics. Also procs should go up as well.

Xiggie- How about instead of adding in a LT aug for warrior just add this proc to the anger 4 aug but put it at like 500 hp per aug?

So fugi made a good point here in Vent.... This would make everything else way to easy.. LT aug with the parts dropping in T5 does sound better.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:14:34 pm by Thebone » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:36 pm »

I'll see if I can do some quick tweaks this weekend for T5. Most of the ideas seem reasonable.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »

Pally Heal proc on the 5.0s maybe should get a 5% - 10% bump just cause they are 5.0s (shrug)

+1

4.5s and 5.0s should have a 10-12 % increase melee damage per epic level.(since damage was just fixed)

+1

Wizzy/Mage 4.5/5.0 add more mana and more mana regen and find something that it can be augged with no seems like 2 aug slots are always empty

+1

Cleric 5.0 Click should be some type of HoT that last for 30 secs.

+1

I'd really like to see some increases in their 3.0 sheild.  Perhaps a 4.5 shield that has an increase on the amplification effect.

Shaman 5.0 Click should be 30k buff that stacks with Armor of the crab. (heh)

+1

Actually, I'd like to see the 4.5 have an effect that extends the duration of spells (eg. Kraken)

SK 5.0 click higher damage on the HT or 2 of the current ones.

+1

T5 BPs should have approx 2-5k more hps on all classes
T5 BPs should have 3 aug slots

+1

Pets should have a 10% Damage increase on proc per Epic Level (can be done with the V3 Pet weapons)
Make it so you can buff from Hailing pets in T5.

+1

Remove lore tag from all plat bag drops in T5.

+10000000

I don't bother looting in T5 anymore - you forget who has what bag and the system is just silly as it is.

Drop the Wrist spawn limit them to 4 hr max not 6 or whatever

--> I really feel this should be on a 2 - 4 hour timer.  The 3 - 6 is just excessive.

T5 Belt Where is it?

+1

VI Aug component that upgrades your V to a VI but makes it no drop, so basically whoever loots it has to also have crafter's guild done to upgrade their own augs.

+1

--> I think the Aug that is made in the end, however, needs to be tradable.

Add Gems and PP to Trash in T5 same as HoH or a nudge better.

Actually I think removing the lore tag on the bags would be enough for me - this would be a nice extra though Smiley

Strix

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 11:05:53 pm »

+1

--> I think the Aug that is made in the end, however, needs to be tradable.

Strix

I think the only reason I say this, it will be semi over powered for all the other Tiers.

Maybe make it tradeable but make it like a Aug  Type 17 or something that only 5.0s have

Good thoughts keep'em coming
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:10:20 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 02:16:47 am »

Quote from: Fugitive link=topic=2291.msg30483#msg30483

Maybe make it tradeable but make it like a Aug  Type 17 or something that only 5.0s have

+1

That works Smiley

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2011, 07:47:21 pm »

Bumps

-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84