Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:41:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: What do you box?  (Read 14997 times)
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 06:52:22 am »

Xiggie is a RL bard btw

I know I have to mute him in vent some times.. He keeps singing Nsync and Backstreet boys.

It's always "BYE BYE BYE" The sad thing is it sounds like he is dancing also  Undecided

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 05:53:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure he is shuffling..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 09:00:40 pm »

As much as I like my SK, if you are only going to play 3 boxes I think you would be best served by a team of PAL / WAR / CLR for all the reasons Xiggie denoted, as well as the higher survivability of all 3 individually and collectively.  I would raise them in that order also.. pally, warrior, cleric.

My personal experience has been that it was *probably* faster to raise my main first, then the alts.  I say probably because I only have a gut level feeling and the knowledge that each succeeding toon took significantly less time to make and gear than the subsequent ones and because I have not tried raising 3 toons at once.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »

Alrighty, so Im slowly building my team at the moment. So far, Im using a pally (3.0, qvic geared), and the rogue is now at the same level. With the dual 3.0's the rogue in now rockin, hes backstabbing for 17k ish. Ive managed to solve my aggro issues with the jolt spell after being flamed in ooc for not knowing.

The third box, for now, is an open slot. With as quickly as the pallys health bounces up and down while hes tanking qvic and upwards, I dont believe the cleric is a good idea, as I never know when his hp will refill from weapon procs to full. It sounds like it would almost be a waste of mana. So for right now, slot three is a toss up between Monk, bst, or ranger. Im skirting tossing in a second pally at the moment, as Im wanting survivable dps more than anything (i.e., no glass cannons).

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 10:51:37 pm »

I've had a very good luck with Warrior... Pally would be healing him with procs while War would tank. In PoD you will get some free are Agro/DMG augs that will later allow you to plow through PoD and below quite easily...In fact with a pally healing i would. Warrior also will have higher HP than any other class of same level and will get stonewall, which is indispensable in tougher zones.
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 12:00:30 pm »

So, my 6 team building is pal mnk bst rog zerk wiz

I started with just the pal knowing his solo-ability is phenomenal. Then added BST then MNK then ROG (wanting more dps) and finally zer/wiz at the same time.

Put some extra focus on the PAL for now and your dps bots can be what you want to play.

Get your PAL the 3.0 and he will  (with dps bots) be fine through t2 content. T3+ content gets a bit more complicated and I have not yet figured out how my group will handle quad 80k hits...yet. Buy as many t3/t4 pieces for your PAL as you can. With 150k hps, my pal can tank most of the t3 bosses but it gets a bit scary. 

If you are going to just 3 box for now - of the choices you mentioned - the bst sounds like the best fit. They are a bit of maintenance, but giving the pet a pal/rog epic makes them fun, easy to level, and useful (until you get casters guild & 3.0). That bst pet is scary!

Look up the Banes in game and I can try and help you along.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 08:00:04 pm »

So for right now, slot three is a toss up between Monk, bst, or ranger. Im skirting tossing in a second pally at the moment, as Im wanting survivable dps more than anything (i.e., no glass cannons).

(Emphasis added)

Don't skirt it, dive in.  The bottom line is your dps=0 during corpse recovery.  A second pally here is a belt to go with the suspenders of your first pally to keep yer arse from showing up in front of the buffbot!  Cheesy

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 02:09:52 pm »

Ive managed to bump my pally and rogue in gear to full qvic, a few pieces of tacvi, and two t1 pieces on the pal. I started a BST, and he's got his two 3.0s now.

Im thinking that the next two to fold into the pack are pally #2, and a monk for added DPS. Right now, the only thing that gives me trouble in POD are the bosses that summon adds. At that point, I fall over like a wet paper bag with only 23k hp *sadface*.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 02:33:35 pm »

So for right now, slot three is a toss up between Monk, bst, or ranger. Im skirting tossing in a second pally at the moment, as Im wanting survivable dps more than anything (i.e., no glass cannons).

(Emphasis added)

Don't skirt it, dive in.  The bottom line is your dps=0 during corpse recovery.  A second pally here is a belt to go with the suspenders of your first pally to keep yer arse from showing up in front of the buffbot!  Cheesy

Skeezy Ratty Troll

Amen, Skeezy. Survivability is #1. Another option (In Skeezy's honor) would be a SK to compliment your paladin, as the SK would tank and you'd still get double heal action going on (and in T4 you wouldnt be going for 2x Mithaniel Marr armor and 2x the pally T3/T4 spells. Just a thought).

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 09:08:41 pm »

Necro, Mage, Warrior, Cleric, Paladin x 2
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 12:23:09 am »

AND with an SK tank, you don't have to worry about dual wielding epics... oh lord, that is going to suck for my monk, beast, and rogue.

Gostin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 12:53:28 am »

I go with WAR/WAR/PAL/CLR/NEC/RNG.  Cant ditch the RNG since I played one on live and love the class.  If im doing a T3 boss I add in a MNK/MAG/SHM/CLR/PAL and bog my pc down really badly.  Even with all those toons I still cant take on the T3 chest mob.   My MT drops pretty quickly.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:43 am »

I go with WAR/WAR/PAL/CLR/NEC/RNG.  Cant ditch the RNG since I played one on live and love the class.  If im doing a T3 boss I add in a MNK/MAG/SHM/CLR/PAL and bog my pc down really badly.  Even with all those toons I still cant take on the T3 chest mob.   My MT drops pretty quickly.

Drop the Ranger or Nerco for another pally

Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:43 am »

Really? I would drop the 2nd WAR and swap in the PAL. Necro is nice DPS, no? I'm not up there with my own crew yet but I haven't seen many armies with 2x WAR.

When I am doing t3/t4 as support, typically the MT has 2x PAL in group (minimum, sometimes 3)- haven't needed a cleric for any of the bosses, including MCP (which basically requires MT, OT, designated rezzer, and massive DPS).
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 11:27:32 am »

War, Pal, Nec, Rng, Mage, Cleric

Been in T5 for a few days and am learning my UC, ROA100, full T4 with 2X 4.0 Warrior should have been a second Paladin.

4.0 pets die alot too so am in the process of raising up said second Paladin with a Rogue and Monk.

Denzig <STONE>
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057