Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:29:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Buying SLS  (Read 29775 times)
Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »

10 berries per SLS would be 21 SLS a day for a 12 man group or 12 a day for a 6man group.

That would be... chaos.
I ment prisms. Still no thought put in it. Forgot to smoke meds before posting. I'll read the page of replys after my original post now. Ya backwards I know..... Tongue
Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 09:41:36 pm »

Ya 10 prisms for a SLS would make prisms useful for people with full UC's but almost pointless since you only get 8 a day if you're lucky? Idk had a thought and posted it before thinking, would just like to see any other way to farm sls's. I have no problem at all farming stuff, I did back to back UC's followed by back to back uc2s for 5/6 of my toons
Jaggedpine is just horrible, that's all I'm saying. I'll deal with it or keep buying them but would love anything different. Even a old ldon type zone that has a charm drop rate for sls's but you can get aa exp at least.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:43:26 pm by Bigoh » Logged
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 11:29:22 pm »

lol Fliker... I was responding to someone asking about what would happen *IF* the prisms were sellable and the berries were usable for anything other than the UW augs.

Point being is if SLS was added to the vendor at 25 berries per...

A group of 12 would gain 15 berries each per day and on avg one toon would get 10 prisms.. Thats 180 berries (7 SLS per day on avg) and the 30 berries the prisms would fetch (if sellable once again) would be another SLS.. 8 total for one day of clears.

Now before you freak out again and point out that 'ALL THE TOONS WOULD ONLY HAVE 15BERRIESNAD WOULDNTBE ABBLE TEO BUY ASN SGINLE sls',  I would calmly point out that on day 2, they would have 30 berries and all 12 toons would be buying a SLS.. and heck, on day 5 each toon would have 75 berries total which would be 3 SLS.. x12 toons thats 36 SLS per 5 days. And if prisms are sellable in 5 days thats another 6 SLS (on avg).

In terms of strikes, thats two shy of a Ninja9 (44sls) per 5 day stretch from minis alone. It'd be fun, it'd be exciting, but it's way out of whack in regards to the current state of the economy.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 11:39:33 pm »

lol Fliker... I was responding to someone asking about what would happen *IF* the prisms were sellable and the berries were usable for anything other than the UW augs.

Point being is if SLS was added to the vendor at 25 berries per...

A group of 12 would gain 15 berries each per day and on avg one toon would get 10 prisms.. Thats 180 berries (7 SLS per day on avg) and the 30 berries the prisms would fetch (if sellable once again) would be another SLS.. 8 total for one day of clears.

Now before you freak out again and point out that 'ALL THE TOONS WOULD ONLY HAVE 15BERRIESNAD WOULDNTBE ABBLE TEO BUY ASN SGINLE sls',  I would calmly point out that on day 2, they would have 30 berries and all 12 toons would be buying a SLS.. and heck, on day 5 each toon would have 75 berries total which would be 3 SLS.. x12 toons thats 36 SLS per 5 days. And if prisms are sellable in 5 days thats another 6 SLS (on avg).

In terms of strikes, thats two shy of a Ninja9 (44sls) per 5 day stretch from minis alone. It'd be fun, it'd be exciting, but it's way out of whack in regards to the current state of the economy.

So 10 toons need x2 of ninja or firestrike so full grind that's 50 days, still need the plat and Essenes and the fairly high tiered groups to do it, not out of whack in the least.
I still think you need to factor in the time it takes to get SLS currently and the time it would take being able to get them witn berries, imo it's not that much different, a little better and more fun but not out of whack.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 08:27:40 am »

Thats an excellent point Warbash : It really doesnt take much time at all to farm up lightstones manually. It's just mind numbingly boring. Smiley No one wants to come home from work, load up EZ to relax, zone into jagged and play the gayest form of Quake ever conceived.. complete with wall-hacking wisps.

Honestly in an hour of two boxing jagged pine whack a mole i usually walk away with anywhere from 7-14 SLS, depending on RNG. With the pink icons for the greater lightstones and the full SLS rare drops its worlds better than it was. Just boring Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 08:54:59 am »

Dude, I totally wouldn't mind farming SLS if they were in a damn flat zone, this under the world, up a tree, in a rock crap is for the birds.

just move the wisps to one of the old world flat zones, east karana or whatever and put 5x as many of the little bastards.

I really wouldn't mind chatting, BS'ing and farming them, I just can not stand following an underworld wisp for 4mins waiting for his "wack a mole" (thanks for that) head to pop up.

seriously, can we do this? yes, Hate? serious, help a brother out here

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 08:58:01 am »

That's surely something we could all agree on - and would be easy to implement. Wisps are broken in Jaggedpine for sure. Non-mountainous zone would be SUCH an improvement, since the wisps wouldn't fall under the world. If the wisps were just fixed, the rate of grinding would go up by 50%

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 09:19:26 am »

Only question is if its limited to zones where wisps are in the mob pool.

On the other hand, maybe we can get a little crazy with this:

Runnyeye goblins have stolen all the lightstones!

or better yet.

The Crushbone Orcs have wiped out jaggedpine and stolen the booty, time to GET IT BACK!

Just food for thought. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 09:22:02 am »

Oooh i like it - going a completely different direction... and doesn't even have to increase the droprate (other than indirectly since we'll remove the underworld wisps)...

Phah

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 09:44:44 am »

Oh man, that would be great. just add GLS drop chance to some random zone, random (common) monster loot table, could even change by day, on a rotating schedule, pretty easy to script.

...Or we can keep suffering through JP, cuz we need the SLS no matter what  Tongue

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 10:00:46 am »

Splitpaw / Blackburrow --- all gnolls can drop GLS

O.o

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 11:05:09 am »

Splitpaw / Blackburrow --- all gnolls can drop GLS

O.o

This would be cool, use the scaling system from Halloween so you can get exp and cash maybe? Maybe random chance at resist stones of an appropriate level? It needs more than just SLS to drop, maybe a zone wide rare like prisms or something. Oh wait, we have the dailies:) but yeah something else would be cool.

Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 12:56:23 pm »

Seriously any zone buy Jaggedpine would be better....
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 01:06:00 pm »

That's an interesting idea. Scale a zone and have it randomly drop SLS plat bags resists prisms. Could put a 3 hour limit on the instance with 24 hr lockout.

Keeze
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »

That's an interesting idea. Scale a zone and have it randomly drop SLS plat bags resists prisms. Could put a 3 hour limit on the instance with 24 hr lockout.
Yeah at the risk of Hate calling me out for supposedly stroking him again, that scaling concept was awesome. It has so much potential.

Minus the lockout or time F- That.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:12:02 pm by Warbash » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats