Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:32:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Unspent AA points..  (Read 34410 times)
Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 02:55:18 pm »

Would take 32.5k AA's to hit level 25 charm if you made every charm level 100AA's more than the previous.  While i know that is quite a bit of AA's and most people would not max the charm fast, myself included, I still don't believe we should be able to purchase permanent items with our AA's.  I could certainly see people on epic exp runs to get those AA's, which means more trains.  So its still not a great idea IMO.  

I did like the idea of only being able to do 1 turn in a day, but people would still be farming for the next few days in advance. 

Nice having the banter with ya here blackee!  Keep posting your idea's you are really getting me thinking here, as well as giving us all some very cool ideas dude. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:06:52 pm by Follow Me » Logged
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 03:04:43 pm »

If we can't purchase "permanent" items for our AA, what do you suggest?

I have a hard time thinking anyone would purposely farm AA to spend them either on duration based items or consumables, when there's a merchant somewhere in the game that can sell the consumables already, and people generally hate/dislike durational based items.

While I respect your opinion that you're concerned about trains, I don't see any more problems with trains then normal. The only place I've ever been seriously griefed in this game were Dulak Harbor and PoFire. Other then that, even for farming AA, giant trains aren't needed if you're soloing, and generally if someone is training a large amount, they can kill it (IE: RoA ranked up, dual 3.0's, etc).

Also, by limiting the times in which said items could be purchased, it's not going to be a race to finish line as it were, which is what causes said trains. It'll be more like a daily/weekly thing to do on your characters to aim for in the midst of grinding.

Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 03:24:38 pm »

I have a hard time thinking anyone would purposely farm AA to spend them either on duration based items or consumables, when there's a merchant somewhere in the game that can sell the consumables already, and people generally hate/dislike durational based items.

My point was that people shouldn't purposely farm AA's.  I think we have enough exp farming as it is with RoA's.  But giving something extra for those rotting AA's would definitely be a welcome change, even if it was *better* stat foods or pet gear or something altogether different.  I really do like the weekly idea of charms upgrade better than a daily one.  Because over a week of casual playing through different zones you could definitely get your AA's for the next upgrade without grinding constant exp to get there. 

Defo in support of the weekly idea as opposed to the daily. 

Nice =D!

Follow Me -

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 03:35:07 pm »

My point was that people shouldn't purposely farm AA's. 

Why not? It's no different then farming exp for RoA levelling, farming plat to spend on tinkerer's bags, or even farming AA points to fill out your tree. I fail to see any logic behind not allowing people to farm above an beyond the limit, especially if there's a time limit imposed. I see no negative drawbacks, not even training if the limit is always there, because people will do what people always do - find a spot they like, train to it and kill their monsters for AA. Rinse and repeat. I don't see any "ZOMGWTFBBQ" trains coming of such an update.

Plus, this would give the people not set on doing RoA's back to back (or who can only single box) some more fun in their off-times. That's all.

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 04:21:35 am »

What about an item that summon a custom teleporter or non custom zone teleporter. (like banker pet)

that will allow us to zone directly in any zone isteead of gating to nexus/qrg.

Also that's not an uber item that will let everyone run xp or train zone to get it. It's just a plus to spend some AA.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 10:50:40 am »

For teleporter clickie, that would require me to copy / paste the script in all the zones directories.

Also, Basher says no on spending AA points. Would only destroy more zones with trains, etc. AA is too easy to get anyways.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 11:05:24 am »

So is there any ETA when the SoD AA trees will be available? If at all?
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:30 am »

What about a stone with one charge allowing you to summon hunter from anywhere is the zone once he is online !

So we can /poke /cry /pray in front of him !

joke joke  Tongue
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 11:33:31 am »

So is there any ETA when the SoD AA trees will be available? If at all?

You need to ask that on EQEmulator forums. See link on left side.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:49 am »

How about an AA transfer.  

Like I have 2K + AA on my Ranger.  I could go talk to an NPC and have them transfer AA to my alt warrior, there could be a penalty of like cost of 2 to transfer 1.

There is no incentive to farm AA beyond what already exists.  It just makes it easier to level up an alt character.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:48:24 am by qualin » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 11:46:25 am »

I dont know about this either, I know AAs are easy to get without much work... and i cant describe how i disagree exactly.... I just dont like the idea.

Something about PLing a toon, 1 to 70 in about 30min (saying we're taking it slow)... then just transfer 1000AA to your newly created character just seems wrong.

Granted the point of a character/ work you put into it is more shown in Qvic and higher in the gear/ epics and what not. I don't know

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 12:50:45 am »

I don't see why ther is so much focus on this "excess AA" stuff.  I mean if you had a bar that showed just how much EXP for leveling you were storing after you hit level 70 you'd probably be amazed.  Only difference is you can SEE the AA exp you have in storage.  You don't expect to transfer over excess regular exp or trade that in for items do you?

And as far as selling the AA's Im really glad Hunter said no, because there are already zones going down everyday numerous times due to trains.  And if I knew I could just bank AA's for charm upgrades I'd spend alot of time in the zones you need training everything for exp.  Just a bad idea.

Requiem for a Dream.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 01:23:36 am »

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 02:57:09 am »

I think letting us use extra AA's for RoA would be nice if ya know what i mean Tongue
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 07:43:57 am »

The lazy part of me would like that, but the competitive part... not so much

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats