Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:48:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: In-Game Macros  (Read 18708 times)
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 11:27:52 am »

/cast item = MQ-only command.

As a monk, there's not a lot I need a macro for that I can't perform with a couple quick keystrokes anyway. My main hotbar is set up thus:

1: Glove slot clickable (for when haste runs out and I have to use my 1.0)
2: Flying Kick
3: /g -= INComing ( %t ) =- (+1)
4: Ranged Attack
5: FD
6: /g -= Please TAG ( %t ) =-
7: /assist
8: Epic 3.0 click
9: Mend
0: /g -= SPLITTING some adds! Please stay back. =-

I separate 3 and 4 because calling incoming as you throw is stupid. If that pull turns into a train beyond your party's means, you've just told them that if they see the mobs coming to fight them. Wait to call incoming until you're sure you're not about to wipe the group.

3: The +1 at the end is used for announcing multiple mobs inc on a pull through multiple key-presses. It depends on the situation, though, obviously. If the group can handle 5-6 mobs at a time, not gonna announce each mob every pull.

But if it's a group/raid that needs tightly-controlled tanking, or they just seem to have their heads up their asses and aren't picking up the extra 1-2 mobs you bring in on a pull, it's handy.

6: Tag key for if I have to feign off a train and a single or small number the group can handle have separated and the tank can snag them while I feign off the other adds. Needless to say, unless it's a raid and I'm working with other pullers, I feign the train within eyesight of the group.

Also useful in puller chat on a raid to get people to work with what you split off from the main batch. Whether they then need to split it themselves or take it to the raid so you can let the adds reset.

0: Obviously, for when I'm FDing off a large number of adds. Making sure nobody gets antsy and tags them before they're ready to be tagged. A good idea if you're grouping with strangers or people with ants in their pants, or pulling off a difficult split. Also useful if you're pulling for a raid with only a single monk and a designated tagger.

Separate hotkey page for raid keys. Again, an annoyance to be in group with a puller and be getting /rs incoming and /g incoming every pull, split and tag.

Also notice I make my hotkeys clear and concise. I CAPS the main intention of the hotkey (Inc, Tag, Split) and give enough graphical flair to set it apart from chatter without being obnoxious or 10 miles long.

Was never a fan of /g -= INCOMING %t GET IT OFF MY ASS OR IT'S GOING TO KILL ME OMG HELP ME LAWLZ =- and crap like that. It's funny the first time, maybe. But not the 300th.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024