Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:09:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: LDoN Charm Drops Updated  (Read 28993 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 02:03:43 am »

Only way I'm aware of to make leash longer is to make aggro radius bigger. Aggro Radius = Leash. Going to ask Devs if they can make it a separate value in rule values table leash lengths.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 02:07:16 am »

I know you can set it to its own value. Let me see if I can find a example of that.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 02:20:46 am »

Looks like it uses the aggro radius to me.

Code:
if(SpecAttacks[TETHER] || SpecAttacks[LEASH]) {
if(DistNoRootNoZ(CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointX(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointY()) > pAggroRange*pAggroRange) {
GMMove(CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointX(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointY(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointZ(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointH());
if(SpecAttacks[LEASH]) {
SetHP(GetMaxHP());
BuffFadeAll();
WipeHateList();
return;
}
}
}

It could be changed to use a rule if the value is larger, but that would be a global thing then.

Something like:
Code:
if(SpecAttacks[TETHER] || SpecAttacks[LEASH]) {
int32 leashDistance = RuleI(NPC, LeashDistance) > pAggroRange ? RuleI(NPC, LeashDistance) : pAggroRange;
if(DistNoRootNoZ(CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointX(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointY()) > leashDistance*leashDistance) {
GMMove(CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointX(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointY(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointZ(), CastToNPC()->GetSpawnPointH());
if(SpecAttacks[LEASH]) {
SetHP(GetMaxHP());
BuffFadeAll();
WipeHateList();
return;
}
}
}
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 03:00:24 am »

I talked to Secrets and we have idea via source / db that would work with the J code.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 03:01:02 am »

Charm drops will be level specific again. Before was just quick fix to get drops working.

Also added rare chances for Charm v1's to drop in T5-T7 as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 06:30:45 am »

Charm drops will be level specific again. Before was just quick fix to get drops working.

Also added rare chances for Charm v1's to drop in T5-T7 as well.

This is good, leashing I don't like, I tried it last night and it is far more boring and tedious.  It may take slightly less time, however, it takes far more clicking which for us old dudes getting carpal tunnel, is no fun.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 10:03:40 am »

LDON with no double loot days took 45-50hrs to complete (@2.2p/hr). So if it is better great!!! Hoping to see 25-30hr to complete now!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:05:11 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 10:24:34 am »

Loving the changes, thank you!  Since it sounds like you can easily add loot here and there.  Any chance we could see V2's on T5-T7 as well (maybe at a lesser rate than v1) or maybe T3+T4 bosses? 
Koda

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 11:24:57 am »

I can make floor specific, but this was just a quick fix to get it up and running.

Soon I'll have specific charm per floor + add more cards as well.

You can still sell what you don't need for points.

Selling charms you don't need currently means making a trip to the nexus every time you get a charm you don't need since they are lore and not stackable. If you need more than one type of charm, farming ldon 6 would probably be the best place still but having lore / unstackable charms makes the idea of selling charms for points not really feasible.
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 12:07:15 pm »

I dont know about eveyone else but my 2cp is v1charms should be pre-hoh (ldon - pod) v2 from hoh - t6. it makes sense to me but what do I know.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:10 pm »

So you build a perfect machine, it's perfect in every way. Everything is going along fine, then one day it springs a leak. Is it still a perfect machine? Was it a perfect machine in the first place? Do perfect machines spring leaks?

Maybe if you built it to be self-healing? Or it's a perfect machine that just requires a little upkeep?

Would you keep insisting that the machine was perfect if one day it springs a leak(starts leaking)? Would you try to fix it, or just stand back and watch it leak? Because, after all, it was the perfect machine. It must be able to fix itself?

How is something perfect if you have to go back and fix it? The thing I really want the answer to: Do perfect machines spring leaks? Or was it your own mistake to call it perfect in the first place?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 01:25:04 pm »

So you build a perfect machine, it's perfect in every way. Everything is going along fine, then one day it springs a leak. Is it still a perfect machine? Was it a perfect machine in the first place? Do perfect machines spring leaks?

Maybe if you built it to be self-healing? Or it's a perfect machine that just requires a little upkeep?

Would you keep insisting that the machine was perfect if one day it springs a leak(starts leaking)? Would you try to fix it, or just stand back and watch it leak? Because, after all, it was the perfect machine. It must be able to fix itself?

How is something perfect if you have to go back and fix it? The thing I really want the answer to: Do perfect machines spring leaks? Or was it your own mistake to call it perfect in the first place?

Head asplode....

Hulkmad
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 02:02:05 pm »

Nothing is perfect, there is always room for improvement.  Looking at the machine and saying that it was perfect in the beginning will stifle creativity and innovation.  You would stop looking at that machine and thinking to yourself, "How can I improve this machine?"  
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 02:03:31 pm »

v2 is very common and easily completed from hoh, they should stay there. V1 is the long grind part and glad to see they have at least a chance in t5-t6 even though I still see LDON being the more feasible way to grind. Of course I haven't tried it out with leashing but if it makes charms more common while still being a grind then i'm fine with it.
obut

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

cleared LDON 2 3 times:

1 brawler upgrade
6  50 credit point
21  10 credit point
5  gloves
1  boot
3 blue diamond
2 fire emerald
7 AA

could only keep half the zone killed before repops started.  it is a small sample but appears to be faster but i find it to be far more boring.  for the most part it was killing one mob at a time.  very few spots i could get multiples.  did this with a t4 ranger
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)