Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:18:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Level Up  (Read 26268 times)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:14 pm »

Not sure if this has been brought up already but what about the effect on exp?  Its obviously slower in Anguish.

PoFire-HoH-T5-T6-T7 can really see a decrease in Exp.

I brought up PoFire to hunter yesterday when the changes happened because it seemed like I was getting less xp. I then ran a level 70 and noticed xp was about the same. Didn't really have conclusive data to prove that true or not. But he said the values for XP are set , meaning to me anyway, you could be level 200, you would still get the same aa xp. (that was an over-dramatic level increment) but you get the point.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:09 pm »

I did a quick test at level 70 and 75 killing a level 70 npc.

Did this in cshome where probably not much exp bonus in the zone.

1,286,249 exp gained towards aa when I was level 70
1,157,624 exp gained twoards aa when I was level 75

So yeah, seems that there is less exp at level 75. Maybe 10% less?

Maybe now that your a higher level you can kill faster! So maybe the over all exp rate will be faster!

Sorry, bad joke. Honestly, don't know what to do or say. Yeah, some stuff might be affected.

Got an email that some focus effects work on spells up to level 70. I think that are spells that are level 70, not players that are level 70. Could be wrong.

We'll work out some tweaks with the new level cap. Just keep me posted and stuff.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:55:03 pm »

Sorry, bad joke. Honestly, don't know what to do or say. Yeah, some stuff might be affected.

Got an email that some focus effects work on spells up to level 70. I think that are spells that are level 70, not players that are level 70. Could be wrong.

We'll work out some tweaks with the new level cap. Just keep me posted and stuff.

Well, my suggestion with the XP hunter would be to just increase the level on the mobs or something a tad. It wouldn't hurt to try and would balanced the aa xp properly and functioning back to normality.

The only unintended consequence with this which I did think about is if someone chose not to level up and at level 70 kill in pofire, they would obviously get a tad more aa xp, but I couldn't imagine it being a game breaking mechanic.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 11:05:20 pm »

Thanks for looking into this ! Grin
as for the guy that didn't level up his augs wouldn't fire right anyway... but it would just be a hair higher then normal nothing gamebreaking if they were able too

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Teikashi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 02:21:20 am »

This might be a stupid question, but I'm out of town and won't be able to access my toon for a month. Do I have to worry about losing my strike augs since I won't be the correct level for them until I get back?
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 02:42:55 am »

EXP: Yes you gain less exp at lvl 75 because stuff is now even con to you so you lose the "bonus" exp you were getting for it being higher lvl when you were lvl 70.

Item loss: No your item wont go poof, This has been stated several times already. Have you ever known an item you couldnt meet the level req for to go poof? Instead it wont work.

Focus Effects: Should not be effected since they work on spell level and not player level. IE 40% focus up to lvl 70 spells and decrease by X% for each spell level higher until focus is 0%.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 04:48:10 am »

about the XP the counts said 10% but i can tell ya what ever i get from mobs at level 70 and now on 75!

The Abyss solo XP 231% / one in grp 161% / two in grp 111% /// +-1% ( level 70 )
The Abyss solo ----------- / one in grp 105% / two in grp 73% /// +- 1% / level 75 )

looks more as 10% to me!!! if u want try it out ! ! ! HoH full clear is now to 50AAs lower as befor

faster kills hmm old hits 640k now 660k hmm not really much more okay full clear now 5mins faster as befor ?

Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 07:11:32 am »

And what about better tanking ?

I'm not very aware of EQ mechanics, but when i started playing it five years ago on Emu, my friends (they played live from the beginning) told me this about tanking :
"AC is King and Level is God".

Whith that sentence in mind, I assume we are tanking better at 70+ than at 70 ... Am I wrong ?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 07:17:16 am »

the is a custom server with custom stats...
the new levels really don't give / do a lot in those means..

and no we aren't killing faster..

Lets be patient I'm sure Hunter will bump xp or mob lvl or find some ez fix..

-Hate"
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 07:23:29 am »

Or we'll get used to it as is. It's a small price to pay to have augs and essences tradable again.

Hulkmad
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 07:25:08 am »

aye

-Hate"
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 08:35:04 am »

Or we'll get used to it as is. It's a small price to pay to have augs and essences tradable again.

+1
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 10:32:12 am »

I third this. I'd much rather spend an extra 5 minutes killing a few more mobs to make up the XP loss than never be able to trade my essences and augs.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »

I'd like to see T5 named be bumped to 80 or something so they con differently from trash.

Pretty please? Cheesy
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 01:26:16 am »

I'd like to see T5 named be bumped to 80 or something so they con differently from trash.

Pretty please? Cheesy

+1
OMG YES
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057