Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:05:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Rules question  (Read 18789 times)
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 09:51:13 am »

i mainly posted this because of the knight spawn as i was not sure about camps when it comes to waiting for respawns. i know that if the mob is up and the other team is not ready then its an open camp. But what if they are boxing 2 toons and the spawn is not up yet and they have their main away killing another boss? the boss is not spawned yet they do not have their main dps there to kill it. but then they get their main dps there before the spawn? Does the camp go to the one waiting? or does it go to the one who left their alt there to hold their spot?

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 10:05:47 am »

And here is another question for the rules i find unclear. The 5 minute wait for attacking the mob to allow some one to buff their group before engaging does this apply for regular mobs such as fg or cg mobs? I get to where the knuckle dusters drop as an exampile and the person there does not respond right away so i know he is going afk alot but talk to him. I sit my toon down to wait untill he is done farming and go afk to check the forums. The mob pops agros on me and my pet kills it. 3-4 minutes later the guy sees my "i'm sorry it spawned attacked me and my pet agroed and killed it" (it was a ph) and then responds. When i noticed it attacking me i was spamming back with my pet but it still killed it.

How long are you to wait untill attacking a mob for clarification when you know the person is afk farming? I understand for bosses and the 5 minute rule but it mainly mentions encounters that require a group and allowing them time to buff before killing it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:09:53 am by zolton32 » Logged

Mirielle
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 10:14:19 am »

If I arrive at a camp, and the mob is up, I sent a tell to the person camping the spawn saying that the mob is up.
5 minutes after that, if the mob is still alive, then the person (in my mind) has forfeited the camp.

But I would not stay within aggro range of the mob and go afk for any reason so that I get attacked and pet kills the mob.  That's killstealing.  The camper may have had to go afk for emergency bio break or something.

Stay well back so you don't get aggro, send a tell, wait 5 mins.  If the mob is still up, the camp is yours.

Disclaimer: That is my interpretation of the rules.  if I am wrong, please correct me
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 10:17:52 am »

If I arrive at a camp, and the mob is up, I sent a tell to the person camping the spawn saying that the mob is up.
5 minutes after that, if the mob is still alive, then the person (in my mind) has forfeited the camp.

But I would not stay within aggro range of the mob and go afk for any reason so that I get attacked and pet kills the mob.  That's killstealing.  The camper may have had to go afk for emergency bio break or something.

Stay well back so you don't get aggro, send a tell, wait 5 mins.  If the mob is still up, the camp is yours.

Disclaimer: That is my interpretation of the rules.  if I am wrong, please correct me

i have a good question where could you not be withing agro range at  Herbinger Freglor? That is a very small room lol

Mirielle
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 10:19:14 am »

In the corners of the room that face him.   
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25:13 am »

Ok if they no longer have rights to the camp then what happens if it was a ph and then they come back before the respawn from the ph you killed? Do they still have their camp? or must they then leave the camp? i see how this could cause some drama which is why i ask lol

Mirielle
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:28:34 am »

If they were afk for 5 mins, then they were afk for 5 mins and lost the camp, regardless of whether it was a PH or the mob itself.
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 10:32:52 am »

So if the mob pops at the next turn you can fraps them as ksing if they attack the mob? I could see several people getting upset about this. What if you get there and you talk/send a tell and get no response for 5 minutes and the mob has not popped? What then? They were cleearly afk for 5 minutes of the camp were they not? These things are making my head hurt to figure out lol

Mirielle
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 10:39:06 am »

If the mob is up when you get there, or while you are there and the mob spawns, send a tell if you see no movement.
Then wait 5 minutes.  The 5 minutes I believe do not count if there is no mob there.

If the mob is still alive after 5 minutes, the camp is yours.

You have to wait for the mob to spawn.  That's when (in my mind) the 5 mins starts.

As some mobs (or their placeholders) are on a 15 / 30 min timer, some people may be afk for that period inbetween spawns. (which is fine - time to get a drink / bio / drink etc)
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 11:21:37 am »

Also what do you do when a person is afk farming the knuckle dusters gets the drop and continues to farm it so no one else can get them?

Mirielle
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 12:23:18 pm »

They can't afk camp, as they'd need to loot the boss to check for the item.

If, however, they are farming a CG / FG boss and not letting you have an item, and you can prove that they are doing this, then be the bigger person.  Move on and do something else until that person has left the camp.

There are other things you can do while waiting for camps to open up.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 01:09:00 pm »

1. If you were waiting at the camp and he shows up with a train SSS is yours.

2. If you went to Silver Knight camp and left and came back and he was there when you came back he has priority. Unless he didn't have all the toons he needed to kill it there when you had all your toons necessary.

For the most part this thread seems unncessary for the reason Scootz mentioned.

if you read what i wrote you would see he did not when i first arrived as his main was at gemcutter.

I did read what you wrote, thats why I included it in my post.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:25 pm »

1. Who said you need your main there to keep a camp? If one of my toon is there i keep my spot.. if mob spawn.. i stil have my 5 min to get back and attack.  And also... what tells you its not my main waiting and im just killing junk with my alt?

2. Afk farming is illegal

Thanks la~

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 02:11:21 pm »

So i could have 5 toons 1 at each of the bosses in time to hold my place then use my main running to each killing them when they spawn as i get my main there a minute or so before they respawn? Thats how it sounds to me.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »

I said in an earlier post... double or triple camping boss is not legal either.  I'm talking parking my uber gimp paladin at a boss and while I wait for it to pop I kill trash mob somewhere else (same zone of course) with my other toon... i dont see a problem with that done by me or someone else...

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)