Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:45:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Beginners Guide to Quick & Easy Cash (Platinum)  (Read 34774 times)
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 05:53:33 pm »

I haven't had a chance to log in and find out so casting Lev may actually work once you're in the zone. It seems I may have made the error of assuming.  Tongue
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 09:24:24 am »

I remember no levitate on live.
Not sure on EZ, never tried... I always go to the basement kobold anyways lol

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 04:19:44 pm »

I stand corrected.

I bought a Pegasus Cloak and went into Velks. Clicked it and it worked fine.

I was under the impression that it was just like Live as I had gone in before with a Spirit of Eagle and had had it stripped from me when I zoned in.
Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:00 am »

Another way for a newbie to make some easy plat is by looting all of the random rings and earrings that drop in mistmoore!

I never realised but each ring sells for between 200-300 plat and you can easily fill a couple of bags up in there in no time at all so it's easy to make 5k+ which is nice money for a newbie and you will get xp and armour too! 

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Aname
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 09:06:57 am »

I like to camp Cracken.  He's usually got decent plat on him.   Grin
nicemeeny

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:20 pm »

I stand corrected.

I bought a Pegasus Cloak and went into Velks. Clicked it and it worked fine.

I was under the impression that it was just like Live as I had gone in before with a Spirit of Eagle and had had it stripped from me when I zoned in.

That was because certain songs like SoE were outdoor only if i remember correctly. Or they were at one point. I think they removed it after to many people cried.

Titiana Palladin
Nadya monk
Drykaa war
Raogen bard
Kathryn druid
Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 04:46:08 am »

Live servers had the same limitation on Velks as the Hole had. No levitation spells whatsoever worked in that zone, neither did clicky items with levitation effect, and it stripped you of any buffs that had levitation component.

The only places where Levi worked in Velks/Hole, was private servers where source code was tampered with.

I remember back in my days of EQ on live, we'd be farming Master Yael by jumping into the hole and using invul songs/spells to land safely in the pond at the bottom.
There was once even a competition we organized on Torvonnilous to have people jump in the hole through the top entrance and try to survive the landing. Competitiors actually had to make an Erudite Evil char there and do it with lv1 Smiley

Oh and statistical data, out of 107 participants, 12 had survived the jump Wink

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:11 pm »

Not 100% sure yet on if Velks may be instanced, but you might want to look into that as well.

I haven't had to instance any of my farming locations yet 'cause I'm a pally and 7-8 mobs is all I really feel motivated to pull at a time anyways. If you can get your own instance, it may be worth the cash just to find out if you have the zone to yourself.

As summarized quotes have explained in other posts/threads, if nobody can see you training more than 10 mobs, nobody will really care, and you can run wild through the castle. Out of sight, out of mind type of thing. However, it is always a good idea to check /who to see is in the zone before you assume you've  got the place to yourself. Check it regularly. Don't want to be surprised when you're in the middle of beating down 30 mobs and someone walks up to you and starts just staring at you. They might as well have a little red light blinking above their heads indicating their fraps is running.

On a side note, I've run into multiple people training well over 10 mobs in Velks, and I've passed on by and grabbed what left I could find. I'm usually approached while I'm killing my 4-5 mobs by said individuals, usually freaking out because they saw me run by and they want to be extremely nice to me in fear of getting banned =P

I gained a couple FG pieces that way LOL

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:39 am »

Where does everyone farm plat these days? 

For someone who has access up to T1/T2 and soon starting T3, what would the best way be for me currently, to make plat?
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:23 am »

I made mine by selling Greater and Superior light stones.... then by selling Fighter and Caster guild sets.  Easy to farm, but monotonous.
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 01:22:56 pm »

SLS/CG and FG kits are nice, but I farm Velks. You make quite a bit of cash per hour. Just go into the castle and pull all the mobs in it and around it.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 07:04:58 pm »

Any RoA zone (CoM is the classic) that drops loot is a fun place.  As noted above, be sure to ask if anyone minds you looting.  Invariably the ones who care are looting as they kill, everyone else will say yes:  High levels want new low levels coming in and growing up to become later armor customers!  Grin

For cash Velks castle area is probably the fastest / easiest plat:  Starting from the gargoyle tunnel behind upper kobolds and clearing all the mobs from the yard, castle, tower and basement should yield about 12K plat and should be respawning shortly after you've finished looting the pile.  I invariably instance this place if I am farming plat here.  One clear covers the cost and I don't get any slowdowns or interruptions.  If the instance lasts overnight that is marvelous, but at 10k+ per clear it really doesn't matter.

Cobalt Scars and Sirens Grotto also come to mind.  As these are not custom zones the train rule is "don't kill anyone" so an instance is not required unless there re enough others around to slow down your looting.  There are a number of other places that are suitable for farming plat, think about the places you chased money on live and go check them here.  Wink

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053