Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 03:25:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: EQ1 to give everybody ~5k AAs, end powerleveling abilities.  (Read 14778 times)
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 01:51:12 am »

I agree, token drop rate is horrible.
Since when? In 1 double loot weekend I farmed thousands of tokens and killed the bosses and was done with that place in 2 days in t5 gear. With Repop instances its even easier now than it ever has been.   Yes it takes effort but its not horrible.  Spend  a day or two farming Tokens before double loot gets activated and its even easier.

As for exchanging ess, thats what auction is for.  I dont know a single person who didnt exchange ess for other ess.. Why do we need an NPC to do this?

Ive been gone awhile so anything I say above may be blurry.
ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 10:21:29 am »

I've been clearing HoH plenty lately for tokens and v2's and the token rate H1N1 specifically have plummeted.  3 clears and 1 or 2 H1N1's? ? That's not a good ratio.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 03:10:26 pm »

I agree, token drop rate is horrible.
Since when? In 1 double loot weekend I farmed thousands of tokens and killed the bosses and was done with that place in 2 days in t5 gear. With Repop instances its even easier now than it ever has been.   Yes it takes effort but its not horrible.  Spend  a day or two farming Tokens before double loot gets activated and its even easier.

As for exchanging ess, thats what auction is for.  I dont know a single person who didnt exchange ess for other ess.. Why do we need an NPC to do this?

Ive been gone awhile so anything I say above may be blurry.

Were you on for the last two double loot? Because I was and farming hoh was boring and slow. Even pulling a wing at a time and clicking UW when it had click.
I was clearing the zone and repoping pretty quickly and talking with people so I wasn't pulling great numbers but I was doing well enough. Spent on average 5 hours a day in the zone for 12 days.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 07:52:56 pm »

I love the idea of exchanged essence rates even if they were ridiculously bad. I am in t6-t7 content and hate going back to HOH for tokens to do t3/t4 essences ; and while yes everyone has to do it I just think a different option would be pretty neat that way I can mass farm t5 or something for character flaggings and have an exchange rate to trade t5/t6 essences for t3/t4 essences

Yeah seriously, if the drop rate on tokens wasnt so bad and the essence rate wasnt so bad HoH farming wouldnt suck dick.
Last double loot I spent way to much time farming the stupid zone and barely made my goal.

Just a few numbers for you guys on the HoH tokens, as i am back farming these for more strike augs.  10 clears of hoh 239 T3 tokens, and yes that's counting MCP.  So about 24 tokens per clear here.  on average with the 50 mob limit it takes most people about 30 min per clear.  So 10 clears is taking 5 hours worth of time, and that's going at it constantly.  However, if your going after Gmajors, your looking at only 12 T4 tokens per clear, on average.  So it would take about 90 clears to obtain about 1000 t4 tokens, still counting MCP, so more like 100 clears to get a full 1k T4 tokens for turn in.  100 clears is 50 hours of farming just to get enough tokens to roll stomp the t4 mobs for a good full days worth of Gmajor grinding. This is of course assuming your going for enough to get your UW.  On the flip side the gmajor essence drop rate is a whole other story, personally i think it's fine where it is currently set. But the token drop in HoH is a huge thorn in my side anytime i'm having to back farm them.  I would like to see a small bump in the token drop rate, the essence drop rates in T3/T4 are both fine in my opinion.

Worthington

Small after thought if the token drop was upped a bit, then we might see newer people selling these more often.  As it stand right now i hardly ever see anyone selling these, but i do see several t7/ t8/ t9 people buying these, not sure if their getting any but i would doubt it with severe need to horde these by almost every player on the server, and if your not hording these you should be! Or, you just haven't made it this far yet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:01:29 pm by Worthington » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 11:58:36 am »

As for exchanging ess, thats what auction is for.  I dont know a single person who didnt exchange ess for other ess.. Why do we need an NPC to do this?

Exactly, players can trade their essences with each other in /auc.

If I made NPC to downgrade your essence, then I might as well make them all no-drop too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 01:49:14 pm »

I'm not sure why you'd need to make the essences no drop with a trade down system.  And as far as trading essences, that's all well and good in an economy set up to support it, but considering how little time people spend in >T5 tiers it really isn't practical.  The only reason people even want to have a trade down option is to remove the tedium in backfarming trivial mobs/content and allow them to remain in content that supports progression.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

I'm not sure why you'd need to make the essences no drop with a trade down system.  And as far as trading essences, that's all well and good in an economy set up to support it, but considering how little time people spend in >T5 tiers it really isn't practical.  The only reason people even want to have a trade down option is to remove the tedium in backfarming trivial mobs/content and allow them to remain in content that supports progression.
Also considering the fact that everyone is hoarding their essences anyway and if they aren't it's ridiculously priced and not up for trade for X essence most of the time unless it's double loot. I think taking the no drop route would be ridiculous in it's own way.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 03:51:45 pm »

I just thought it would be a smooth way to remove the bottle neck of having people endlessly grind out content that is absolute no challenge to them...its just a time sink...and let us actually focus on fighting stuff that is challenging and fun...You still need to farm the hell out of essence to make the UW ...

I do not think that it will really effect the market on essence as people would still be /auction for them as well....

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »

Also ignoring the essence trade down possibility for the time being if that wasn't very possible or if it resulted in making essences no trade that it wouldn't hurt to look at HOH tokens. As it stands - given the above stats from worthington , it generally speaking I don't know of tokens to essence results , but saying 1000 t3 tokens would result in 100 t3 essences (excluding needing the essences for strike augs etc) that would mean 1000 t3 tokens for t3 essences , and 2000 t3 tokens to get the t4 essences done assuming that 1000 t3 tokens and 1000 t4 tokens got 100 of each essence. That would mean 3000 t3 tokens would be required to farm in order to get just the essences done for UW -- At my rate, I clear HOH in about 35-40 minutes, making MAYBE 20 tokens, 5-10 of which are mcp usually. At that rate, which is pretty average at 40 minutes making 10 usable tokens would be 66 hours per 1000 tokens, that means 198 hours for 3000 t3  tokens.

Although, that is just my rate of tokens per clear and time frame yes ; but it's a pretty avg clear time for most unless max UW already. Also could be bad RNG for tokens but given that, I think HOH tokens should definitely be looked at or have an increased in general across the board for HOH
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 12:08:28 am »

Just do HoH during double loot or when you are bored.  Its not meant to be easy but it really isnt that time consuming. God forbid you only get 2 UWs completed during a double loot weekend.  I was in full t6 when I decided to work on my UW5 and above, it isnt needed before that, and by the time your war is t6 you can handle more and more HoH mobs. I actually farmed my 3k tokens with a full group tagging along which makes it that much longer. Gmajors are a hurdle we all went through, it wasnt that bad at all so I do not understand why people want HoH looked at all of a sudden.  You can also trade for HoH tokens or buy them with plat when you get bored of farming.  Not to mention HoH was and prob still is amazing exp, you can do some serious work on your RoA. And while farming, you can loot v2s for alts.  Thats what I did.  Dont forget HoH is 2 seperate UWs you are working on, those 3k tokens nets you 2 UW, it should seem longer.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 04:15:50 pm »

Also ignoring the essence trade down possibility for the time being if that wasn't very possible or if it resulted in making essences no trade that it wouldn't hurt to look at HOH tokens. As it stands - given the above stats from worthington , it generally speaking I don't know of tokens to essence results , but saying 1000 t3 tokens would result in 100 t3 essences (excluding needing the essences for strike augs etc) that would mean 1000 t3 tokens for t3 essences , and 2000 t3 tokens to get the t4 essences done assuming that 1000 t3 tokens and 1000 t4 tokens got 100 of each essence. That would mean 3000 t3 tokens would be required to farm in order to get just the essences done for UW -- At my rate, I clear HOH in about 35-40 minutes, making MAYBE 20 tokens, 5-10 of which are mcp usually. At that rate, which is pretty average at 40 minutes making 10 usable tokens would be 66 hours per 1000 tokens, that means 198 hours for 3000 t3  tokens.

Although, that is just my rate of tokens per clear and time frame yes ; but it's a pretty avg clear time for most unless max UW already. Also could be bad RNG for tokens but given that, I think HOH tokens should definitely be looked at or have an increased in general across the board for HOH

I did average of 5 hours a day for something like 14 days. Couple days I did longer and then didnt log in the next. This was outside of double loot.
Drop rate use to be a lot better.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:49 pm »

Drop rate use to be a lot better.
Why exactly did the token rate get smacked in the mouth? If anything - MCP tokens take up a huge chunk of tokens dropped per clear which is rather annoying
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:17 pm »

It took me way north of 3k tokens for 100 minors and 100 majors

During DL, I averaged bout 1:16 for minors and majors 1:22ish

Should be better now with tweaks, i haven't farmed them for augs since changes.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)