Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:48:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update  (Read 130326 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

I think Hate fixed the Plat loss issue.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2014, 04:43:41 pm »

Any headway on the crashing issue? Could setting affinity 1 help at all? I know in not the only one

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »

I think Hate fixed the Plat loss issue.

Maybe for that particular player, sounds like he had a rollover in max platinum to negative values. I still am curious if others are having any anomalies.

I will dismiss that one for now though.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »

Any headway on the crashing issue? Could setting affinity 1 help at all? I know in not the only one

What is 'the crashing' issue? Is this something you're experiencing on your end?

EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2014, 07:18:06 pm »

If I zone it locks up and if I let it go it will go to the login screen. So if I die 8/12 will lockup and have to be rebooted. I d/l a new client and that didn't help either. I know there are others with the issue. Mq2 and basic client it still does it. Its weird.

Keeze
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2014, 09:43:46 pm »

Since the update, if there is a problem while putting an augment into an item, items can be lost.

I had a crash today while removing a T7 waist augment from T8 belt in preparation to put it into my T9 belt.  Toon crashed to desktop spontaneously, and when I got it logged back in the T7 augment was missing.  It was not in the aug sealer, and I logged out and back in again and it did not reappear.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2014, 12:32:39 am »

If I zone it locks up and if I let it go it will go to the login screen. So if I die 8/12 will lockup and have to be rebooted. I d/l a new client and that didn't help either. I know there are others with the issue. Mq2 and basic client it still does it. Its weird.

This has been happening when an instance zones goes nuts as of recent. You can use the Character mover to get your toons out, but every time you try to return to that instance, you will load forever / crash / get stuck all over again. So far I only had it happen once directly after I did a repop instance. One character was stuck outside, but inside I had 2 groups. They were unable to use epics / use click buff items. Thankfully gate boots still worked. I just made another instance and avoided going back to that one. The next morning I tried the first instance just because I was curious, still the same thing happening, had to character move back out and use instance #2.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2014, 02:08:38 am »

Main issues left from this update:

1) Hitbox Issues - I won't let this go until it is alleviated - I have narrowed down this to some possibilities and the feedback has been amazing.

OK! sept 29th 10:30pm 2013. hows that for pinning it down. lol. Seems after some digging i looked thru my old log and screen shots and found it. It was at the time that hunter was opening T9 and making changes to the map files and something in the DB files. NOW problem is i went and looked thru the forum posts and only found nothing or links to posts that were nuked, due to at the same time he had made changes to the T7 breastplate, hence why i couldnt find the posts  the last few days, they were gone. my guess it was a UPDATE post he would make after a change. PLEASE tell me he moved that post to another Admin only room and it still somewhere you guys (HATE, AKKADIUS, WHOEVER) can look at it, i made refernce to reading what he had done but maybe this will spark some others memories. i chatted with some guildies and remember having hunter come into My GI to see what i was having and if it was corrected yet. Heres a copy of the screenshot.

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2014, 02:11:59 am »

Hope this helps..
multilateral
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2014, 09:39:42 am »

For corpses, it seems as if the z-axis is getting arbitrarily set to -26.5 if a character is out of range when created (not sure on distance... may be clipping).  For example, on floor two in ToFS, the z-axis for a character I brought in was 23.75.  Upon arriving, the corpse was submerged in the floor at -2.75.  If a character is present, the z-axis of a corpse can vary a bit... i.e. 0.06 or 0.08.  If I do the /hidec cycle, all reset to 0.0.

Just throwing it out there.  May be too specific an example, but numbers to me are an easier search.  I only got the numbers of a specific character.  I will keep a shrunk character out of range and report back if the 26.5 value varies.

Update:  Shrunk character's z-axis 21.88, and submerged corpse was at -0.88, so that 26.5 value isn't a good one.  However, the corpse depth seems influenced by the character's height (directly proportional)... i.e. 23.75 creates at -2.75, and 21.88 creates at -0.88.  This would also mean having levitate would exacerbate the issue.

Last Update:  Numbers are relative, so take all the figures above with a grain of salt.  I look at logs files all day, and patterns often emerge where none actually exist.  Perhaps this may mentally trigger an idea for someone of the dev variety, however.  The one absolute of this is corpses are submerged when a character is out of (clipping?) range.  Sorry for the verbosity.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:29:28 am by multilateral » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2014, 02:49:35 pm »

Made some adjustments yesterday that should bleed into today's reboot and fix some of the various hit issues.

Let me know what we observe as a result.

EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »

BTW,

Akkadius and Hateborne-

YALL DOING AN AWESOME JOB!!!

THANKS!!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2014, 05:55:04 pm »

BTW,

Akkadius and Hateborne-

YALL DOING AN AWESOME JOB!!!

THANKS!!
+1

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2014, 08:11:58 am »

Agreed! 

Akka - thanks for popping into my Abyss instance, waiting for 15-20 minutes while my 3 year old made me play a round of mario on the WII and still having the patience to wait for me to round up a healthy train and lead them up and down halls to ensure the Z axis issue was resolved.  Came back to the screen and saw the green name and instantly thought "uh oh...." LOL

Hate/Love/others - Thanks for everything!
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2014, 05:42:37 pm »

Warrior AA Rampage currently causing the MGB AA to freak out and lock for a random amount of time. Not sure if it can be fixed, but temp fix is just not using Rampage. It really isn't that important, it's just fun to smash on big pulls, but yeah I'll just take it off my bar for now  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78