Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:55:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update  (Read 130333 times)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 02:28:13 pm »

Yeah, re-use on MGB was 30 mins.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 03:24:23 pm »

Unsure what the MGB cool down was before the change, but I know for a fact it was less than an hour (like a little over 30 mins). Hour and 12 minutes now. Unsure if this is intended or not.

These original properties have been restored, reboot required for full propagation.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 03:39:10 pm »

On a side note, the reward item "Scarecrow Curse" appears to be giving mobs an additional 10% health regen. Just witnessed someone using it on a t5 boss and joined their instance to check it out.

This has to do with the regeneration changes Hate made.

EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 04:22:04 pm »

On a side note, the reward item "Scarecrow Curse" appears to be giving mobs an additional 10% health regen. Just witnessed someone using it on a t5 boss and joined their instance to check it out.

I'm not sure how that is even possible. The regen query was scaled off of the NPC's max health. 1% of non-warriors, 2% for warriors. If the NPC had 1,000,000 HP, the regen rate per tick would've been 10,000 or 20,000 (class dependent). The item lowers a significant amount of stats, but even if the current max hp were to triple, the regen rate was set as a static value. Once said 1,000,000 HP mob was buffed to 100,000,000 HP, the regen would still be 10k or 20k per tick.

I will test it shortly on a T5 mob. What I'm guessing is happening is the mob already had sufficiently high regeneration, but the Scarecrow Curse seems to be taking the heat for that regen.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 04:24:42 pm »

Resists seem to be messed up or something. I've been farming ToFS level 2 for a week for stones and charms and my Paladin with 1330 resists could pull 10-20 mobs and never come close to dying, now I'm dying every pull and being hit by everything.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 04:29:09 pm »

It's the memblur and the new HP values. The memblur continually knocks it out of combat, allowing HUGE regen, and the max HP is lowered. Dark Jellyfish lost ~22% of his max hp with that debuff on it. It's normal regen is 2% of it's max health. With the new lower HP, the regen amount appears SIGNIFICANTLY higher because of the reduced max health pool. I'll remove the Memblur to prevent it from dropping combat continually.

-Hate

Goth

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 04:31:12 pm »

Resists seem to be messed up or something. I've been farming ToFS level 2 for a week for stones and charms and my Paladin with 1330 resists could pull 10-20 mobs and never come close to dying, now I'm dying every pull and being hit by everything.

I have been seeing that also ... it seem to a stealth change every so often ... little by little over the past month
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 04:33:09 pm »

I have been seeing that also ... it seem to a stealth change every so often ... little by little over the past month

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're completely insane. I've not touched ToFS short of adding a shit ton of cash to floors 5+. I suggest you re-equip your tinfoil hat friend.

-Hate

Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 04:47:22 pm »

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're completely insane. I've not touched ToFS short of adding a shit ton of cash to floors 5+. I suggest you re-equip your tinfoil hat friend.

-Hate

I dont know about any stealth changes over time, all I know is for the past week I've been able to pull so many mobs and the mana drain spell never hit my paladin and I never died unless I got stuck on a bookshelf or something. Today I tried my usual first pull which is only 12 mobs and I died before I even got back to the safe zone in part of level 2.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »

Me and Deamon cleared T5 this morning and in a fresh guild instance, only like 3 of ten triggers worked..

All alkari didnt net Alkare, all Exobeasts didn't pop Exoking, All corals didnt pop coral bosses *or* White.. etc..

Might be worth looking into, if it has something to do with the software update.

This will be fixed on reboot of the server

EDIT: This issue has been fixed without requiring reboot.

This was a race condition with NPC's who die are sending signals to a controller and a bunch of yada yada that it doesn't matter if I explain or not. The signal would hit the controller, the controller would check to see if any NPC's are left and it would think that those NPC's are still alive because the signal happens so fast that when the NPC who just died sent the signal - is still considered alive.

Not sure if that is going to make sense to anyone or that anyone will care, but its fixed Smiley
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:30:24 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 06:56:11 pm »

Character Mover needs to be updated

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server in /home3/tpw/public_html/charmove/index.php on line 51
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »

Yeah, same here. No items for sale. Also.....lvl 1 chars cannot get buffs from the buff bot. You get the message "Your spell is too powerful for its intended target" and only shrew lands.

This has been fixed, this is a live-like implementation with the newer source code that enforces level restrictions on spells.

It has essentially been disabled.

EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 09:33:40 pm »

Seems as if people getting jailed arent getting released for good behavior.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 12:45:12 am »

Character mover back in business

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 01:11:18 am »

Seems as if people getting jailed arent getting released for good behavior.

This has been fixed.

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988