Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 10:19:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T7 Boss Chains  (Read 27023 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 11:03:40 am »

Code:
if ($npc_id > 443300 && $npc_id < 443308)
{
my $BOSS_CHANCE = int (rand(100));
if ($BOSS_CHANCE < 90)
{
my $BOSS_SPAWN_ID = $npc_id + 1;
# quest::gmsay("GM: BOSS $npc_id to $SPAWN_ID CHANCE $BOSS_CHANCE (PASS)", 18, 0); # BOSS 80%
my $x = 0;
my $y = 0;
my $z = 0;
my $h = 0;
my $BOSS_LOCATION = int (rand(16));
if ($BOSS_LOCATION == 0) { $x = ??; $y = ???; $z = ??; $h = ??; } # BOSS_LOCATION_1
############################################################################################
################## Removed spawn locations for obvious reasons on a public post #######################
############################################################################################
else { quest::gmsay("ERROR: BOSS_1 location", 18, 0); }
quest::spawn2($BOSS_SPAWN_ID,0,0,$x,$y,$z,$h);
} # END IF 80% CHANCE BOSS
else
{
my $SPAWN_ID = $npc_id + 1; # DEBUG
# quest::gmsay("GM: BOSS $npc_id to $SPAWN_ID CHANCE $BOSS_CHANCE (FAIL)", 18, 0); # BOSS NOT 80%
} # ELSE BOSS NOT 80%
} # END IF MINI BOSS DIES

Code:
if ($npc_id > 443300 && $npc_id < 443308)
{
my $BOSS_CHANCE = int (rand(100));
if ($BOSS_CHANCE < 90)
{
my $BOSS_SPAWN_ID = $npc_id + 1;
quest::gmsay("GM: Boss $npc_id to spawn $SPAWN_ID,  $BOSS_CHANCE / 100 (PASS)", 18, 0) if $debug; # BOSS 80%
my ($x, $y, $z, $h);
my $r = int (rand(16));
$x = $bossLocation{$r}[0];
$y = $bossLocation{$r}[1];
$z = $bossLocation{$r}[2];
$h = $bossLocation{$r}[3];
} # END IF 80% CHANCE BOSS
else
{
my $SPAWN_ID = $npc_id + 1; # DEBUG
quest::gmsay("GM: Boss $npc_id to spawn $SPAWN_ID,  $BOSS_CHANCE / 100 (FAIL)", 18, 0) if $debug; # BOSS NOT 80%
} # ELSE BOSS NOT 80%
} # END IF MINI BOSS DIES

Top code is Hunter's, bottom is mine. Notice the chances are 100% the same. Any questions?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 11:37:59 am »

Code:
my $r = int (rand(16));

What happens if $r is 0?

int(rand(16)) means pull 0-15. (Basically, code starts counting at 0, humans start at 1). If it rolls 0, it spawns at location 1. If it rolls 1, it spawns at location 2, etc etc. If it rolls 15, it spawns at location 16.

-Hate

Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 12:11:47 am »

side question to all this, Hate are you willing to probide us with the number of traps in T7?? not locs just the total number so I can mark them and know when I have found them all lol.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 01:41:32 am »

Should email me the rest of that quest.. it looks kind of janky.. lots of things that could be written differently Smiley

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:50 am »

side question to all this, Hate are you willing to probide us with the number of traps in T7?? not locs just the total number so I can mark them and know when I have found them all lol.

Nope. :-)

Should email me the rest of that quest.. it looks kind of janky.. lots of things that could be written differently Smiley

I appreciate the offer, but it's fine. I'm not sure how/why it could/should be different. If you've got an idea on what could make it better, pass it up. :-)

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 02:27:20 pm »

Well X Y Z H are already defined as the current mobs location
(which you aren't using so overwritten the variable isn't a huge deal... but there is no need to do it at all)

You can just do it like this..

Code:
                        my ($x, $y, $z, $h);
my $r = int (rand(16));

down to.. this..

Code:
my $r = int (rand(16));
quest::spawn2($BOSS_SPAWN_ID, 0, 0, $bossLocation{$r}[0], $bossLocation{$r}[1], $bossLocation{$r}[2], $bossLocation{$r}[3]);

Just a suggestion.. don't need to do it that way.. but if you maybe wanted to check the location of where the NPC died or whatever... you already overwrote those X Y Z H variables.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

I understand that and intentionally did not create a special variable because the death location is irrelevant to me. As for running it all under 1 line, I'm not overly fond of lines that go 100' to the right. I understand I can break it with line breaks, but that's a cosmetic issue, not an efficiency issue. Thank you though :-)

-Hate

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 10:33:19 pm »

Nate, the pathing  fix for a lot of zones you did before the source update seems to have been disabled, any chance you could get some of the offending zones like Nro, Jaggedpine and Old Commons updated so we aren't chasing mobs through terrain and waiting for them to eventually path onto flat ground so we can kill them?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 10:57:56 pm »

It just requires a map file and the Rule_values related to  "Map" and "Pathing" to be correct..  (pretty sure i used.. the default values)  so if they got changed need to fix them accordingly.. but beware of T5 zone illsalin .. if the map file isnt in there for that zone and you change back the values.. the mobs fall through the ground when pulling them over the suspended walkways.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 11:36:51 pm »

If you don't have all the maps or they aren't up to date you could try generating them again.  Apparently there's a newer file format that is smaller as well.

https://github.com/EQEmu/zone-utilities/releases
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=231446&postcount=16

May require a particular version of the source though, so worth keeping the old ones just in case.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 01:52:55 am »

was messing round in T7 tonight, here's what blew my mind....

full clear of the zone, literally all spawns gone....

waited....

23 stone droppers

2 bats spawned

1 trap from running all over the zone...ONE

0 chains....ZERO......DAFUQ?

really? something just ain't right. last time i did T7 was a while back and it was never this barren. IDK, maybe sit in the damn zone all day killing now? I gotta be missing something here cause it wasn't like this 2,3 months back

just saying, not really complaining, I'm just stating what I saw

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 07:32:24 am »

Something somewhere changed. No idea what, but nowhere near as many bats as we used to get, and when we do nowhere near as far along in the chain before it ends.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 08:26:52 am »

Full Clear last Saturday, 3 bats from last 3 stone droppers. 2 chains started that went to greed. RNG cant be that bad. Hit more traps than I have ever seen, i bet 20+, so many in fact that it was like someone was intentionally adding them, unfortunately no bats from traps(spawned or triggered) even with all the Stone droppers they produced.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:31:37 am by Premador » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 09:21:33 am »

Yep, same I'm seeing. Plenty of traps, they just dont go anywhere.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 10:20:24 am »

at least you get traps LOL!

I'm gonna try again next time I'm on but there's something zonked

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent