Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 10:36:08 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Gemstone of the Ages Drop Rate Increased!  (Read 32045 times)
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 10:27:28 am »

I'm torn on this, but I'd lean toward keeping it pretty super rare, it's nice to have an item that not everyone has, maybe I'm in the minority.

And for the record, no one in Circle of Legends has one.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 11:04:42 am »

I did happen to catch this though...

From Hate:

That's 500 chances at 1 in 90k. Considering it takes maybe 5-7min to pull and clear the zone, that's 8-12 clears an hour, or 4000-6000 mobs per hour (approximately).

Your numbers are a little off Cheesy

With fastest travel run speed, 6 clears HoH, it was an average 7.4 minutes to pull the first half of the zone (before Abyss). Maybe 10 seconds to kill the entire pull, and another 5.7 minutes average to loot all the corpses. Thats leaving behind everything but tokens, exp crystals and GSOA (none of the later 2 dropped, btw). Pulling the second half of the zone averaged 7.1 minutes, and 5.1 minutes to loot all bodies. Didnt play with Shadow at all. It might vary some from pull to pull, but if so it'd be by seconds.

HoH is a big zone, with a lot of mobs ) It takes a while to legitimately pull it. And while I CAN pull the zone all at once, doing so doesnt save much time (under a minute) and with the mass numbers of mobs I start to see signs of lag even with a beefy CPU and GPU and overkill on ram (64 gig)....and desync happens often enough even with my system and 100 meg down/up ISP.

Also keep in mind that HoH avatars leave a corpse behind every time, because of coin loot...and the trash "guards" do so about 1 in 5 or 6 from what I can tell. This makes for a ton of corpses and a lot of time to loot. So pulling the entire zone with a 15 minute corpse poof timer means that any distractions and you may end up having corpses rot, at the extreme, and means you spend nearly as much time looting as you do pulling and killing at best.

Just for grins I pulled all the zone at once 4 times to test the time diff. I was able to average 14.7 minutes a pull, and 9.9 minutes to loot all bods. That places it at over 25 minutes at best to clear and loot HoH once. But even if you somehow can pull faster than I (not saying it cant be done....maybe running Chunka on stick figure client for clears would help) your loot times will not change at all.....and even if you somehow get past THAT.....limit of 6 repops per hour for an instance. So.....I'd say pushing it you can clear HoH 3 times an hour.....6 times if you are a GM and dont care about loot Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 11:06:32 am »

Oh, and slight change of topic....but Hate, can we maybe get rid of coin drops on HoH Avatars, and go to plat bags instead? Would be a lot nicer, even for newer players, now that they stack! And maybe get rid of the unneeded trash drops? Some of the augs are literally worthless.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
obut

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 12:17:51 pm »

I have had 3 drop in the last week.  First 2 came within 15 minutes of each other while killing enough T2 named to get me 100 dmajors.  The other came from farming hoh tokens.  I have farmed around 1100 tokens and it dropped at the 700ish token mark.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 12:19:34 pm »

Oh, and please keep in mind my reply isnt a call to increase drop rate. I'm one of the people who think the earring needs to be a Great White Whale.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 07:43:44 am »

The HoH example, both the time and drop rate were there merely to illustrate a point. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:39 am »

I got one of these once, when the drop rate was really high when it first came out...
Wish I had held on to it to sell it now lol
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:45 am »

Your numbers are a little off Cheesy

With fastest travel run speed, 6 clears HoH, it was an average 7.4 minutes to pull the first half of the zone (before Abyss). Maybe 10 seconds to kill the entire pull, and another 5.7 minutes average to loot all the corpses. Thats leaving behind everything but tokens, exp crystals and GSOA (none of the later 2 dropped, btw). Pulling the second half of the zone averaged 7.1 minutes, and 5.1 minutes to loot all bodies. Didnt play with Shadow at all. It might vary some from pull to pull, but if so it'd be by seconds.

HoH is a big zone, with a lot of mobs ) It takes a while to legitimately pull it. And while I CAN pull the zone all at once, doing so doesnt save much time (under a minute) and with the mass numbers of mobs I start to see signs of lag even with a beefy CPU and GPU and overkill on ram (64 gig)....and desync happens often enough even with my system and 100 meg down/up ISP.

Also keep in mind that HoH avatars leave a corpse behind every time, because of coin loot...and the trash "guards" do so about 1 in 5 or 6 from what I can tell. This makes for a ton of corpses and a lot of time to loot. So pulling the entire zone with a 15 minute corpse poof timer means that any distractions and you may end up having corpses rot, at the extreme, and means you spend nearly as much time looting as you do pulling and killing at best.

Just for grins I pulled all the zone at once 4 times to test the time diff. I was able to average 14.7 minutes a pull, and 9.9 minutes to loot all bods. That places it at over 25 minutes at best to clear and loot HoH once. But even if you somehow can pull faster than I (not saying it cant be done....maybe running Chunka on stick figure client for clears would help) your loot times will not change at all.....and even if you somehow get past THAT.....limit of 6 repops per hour for an instance. So.....I'd say pushing it you can clear HoH 3 times an hour.....6 times if you are a GM and dont care about loot Cheesy

I'll look at doing that tonight. I'll see what I can't do to make it a bit more...viable. It's quick enough, just need to make sure I understand all that will change with adjustments to the NPC loot table in DB.

-Hate

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 11:33:15 am »

IMHO, just my thought,

why are we talking about HOH for an end game item? or Anguish for that matter?

GSOA drops should scale up to T9, meaning yes, they will drop in HOH and Anguish, etc, but they should be dropping faster in the upper tiers.

I personally don't like to go backwards to farm an end game item in a zone that really benefits me little in comparison to the end tiers.

example, in 500 hoh mobs you should maybe see 1 drop, however 500 mobs in T9 you should see 2 drop or at least one.

the drop rates should scale up towards T9, meaning the end game is where you should see the most drops for an end game item.

same with gayshards.

now, they should for sure drop starting at T1/T2, but not at a better rate or the same rate as HOH and drops in HOH should not be the same as T7, etc, etc.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 11:51:33 am »

IMHO, just my thought,

GSOA drops should scale up to T9, meaning yes, they will drop in HOH and Anguish, etc, but they should be dropping faster in the upper tiers.

I personally don't like to go backwards to farm an end game item in a zone that really benefits me little in comparison to the end tiers.

example, in 500 hoh mobs you should maybe see 1 drop, however 500 mobs in T9 you should see 2 drop or at least one.

the drop rates should scale up towards T9, meaning the end game is where you should see the most drops for an end game item.

same with gayshards.

now, they should for sure drop starting at T1/T2, but not at a better rate or the same rate as HOH and drops in HOH should not be the same as T7, etc, etc.

+10

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2015, 12:09:01 pm »

I was using that as an example since everyone likes farming HoH. It's easier to relate.

same with gayshards.

I will likely set the highest tier to be a higher drop rate than the rest as I have tried to base drop rates on kills per hour versus straight 1 in X kills. It may be time to lock this thread as it's going WAAAAY off into derail territory. Very valid post Rent. :-)

-Hate

littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »

I agree with Rent.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 10:19:02 am »

Oh, and please keep in mind my reply isnt a call to increase drop rate. I'm one of the people who think the earring needs to be a Great White Whale.

I agree with chunka here. Even with only 1% increase in drop rate i am seeing 1 more gsoa per 2 days on avg. Ess are stupid easy to farm sls are even easier Eon takes maybe 15 min (yes i am t9) with this being said there is little actual "end game" farm now. It's why the server pop is staying low.

Gsoa is almost the only real market this server has left. More gsoa means a faster burn out on the item. I don't even have enough gsoa to cover my  EoA but i am getting close, but i am also the type of dude who would prob get it on 6 toons.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 10:55:02 am »

Gsoa is almost the only real market this server has left.

we don't buy/sell/trade gayshards, SLS's and essences anymore?

not to mention WTB a handie

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 12:00:10 pm »

I agree with chunka here. Even with only 1% increase in drop rate i am seeing 1 more gsoa per 2 days on avg. Ess are stupid easy to farm sls are even easier Eon takes maybe 15 min (yes i am t9) with this being said there is little actual "end game" farm now. It's why the server pop is staying low.

Gsoa is almost the only real market this server has left. More gsoa means a faster burn out on the item. I don't even have enough gsoa to cover my  EoA but i am getting close, but i am also the type of dude who would prob get it on 6 toons.

Careful watch you're starting to sound like the "I got my lewtz this game is too easy prz prevent others from getting what I have" guy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 306