Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 06:27:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Upgrade/Enhance Shadowknights?  (Read 54556 times)
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 04:20:31 pm »

The parse was posted to illustrate where Shadowknights stand against their contemporaries.  It isn't enough to just say, "Everyone knows shadowknights DPS suck."  Protip: None of the devs on this server actively play anymore.  As I've stated in other threads; without knowing exactly where a class stands it is impossible to "balance" them.  My parses show exactly where SKs stand.  That information is useful.  That you say it is not either means you are an idiot or you don't understand the processes involved with balancing a game.  If either are true you have no business speaking about this topic.

I said the server needs more people willing to run parses and post their findings.  I never once said that anyone posting an idea desires to run the show.  I said that if you want your idea to be taken seriously you better be willing to do the work to show that it has merit AND to test any changes that come of your idea being pushed live.  Why are you nagging me about parsing an idea that I came up with?  When/if it is implement I will be happy to help tune it.

You made a blanket statement, you were proven wrong, stop trying to "win" the argument.  Focus your efforts on getting the developers the information that they need.  People will thank you and you'll have less opportunities to look like a fool.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2010, 04:30:42 pm »

Fact of the matter is YB will never have anything good to say about anyone unless it benefits him or they are stroking his ego. Unless it is a person with obvious authority he is going to attack anyone who thinks freely instead of subjugating themselves to his point of view.

Most of the changes that I've pushed Hunter to make have in no way benefited me or my guild.  Sanctioned independent thought is the driving force behind my guilds success.  To suggest that I stifle peoples' ability to think for themselves is nonsense.  I encourage people to come up with their own ideas and present them to the developers.  What I am saying and what I have said all along is this, "be willing to do the follow up work if you want your idea to be taken seriously."

If you go to your boss and say, "I think if we cut three positions productivity will actually increase." you better be willing to back that statement/idea up with some solid numbers.  Why would people expect any different on EZ Server?

This is the statement that I took issue with:

"But by all means if someone wants to spend the time doing all the end game equip and items to see what end result of the above proposed formula would be go right ahead....but I think it would be a waste of time because not everyone has end game gear."

It's your idea.  You think that it would help the class.  Stop being lazy and do the damn parses yourself.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2010, 04:32:11 pm »

You told me that you were the reason that Secrets came to EZserver..

That statement is true.
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 04:34:06 pm »

I already "won" when I posted my efforts and opinions in this thread towards the progression of this class and not necessarily the BASE BALANCE. That is what your findings were mainly towards. This is a different topic, if you cant understand that I dont even know how you managed to live past 2years old. Gaming mechanics is very complex, and to try to think you are the know it all shows pure arrogance of which you have already been called out for numerous times. So do EVERYone  a favor and put up or shut up. Create your own thread to muck up, because unless your next post offers any relevance to this thread don't even bother. It is a waste of time and you are threadjacking.

I wonder if we can ban people from posting that threadjack.

Lets find out =)

Btw. i never shot down your suggestion...I, infact said it was not bad.
So you should not be getting so but hurt by my words.
Just help out the thread and other people that want to play an SK.
That is all, seriously lets not waste anymore time trying to flex anymore. Cause honestly, neither of us will "win"
So help, or walk away.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2010, 04:40:12 pm »

I also stated this fact:

I dont bother at this point to do the HP conversion with the charms because all the other epic effects are built from stage one base stage (no item stat boosts) ...not in reverse.
I.e.- starting at max out buffs/t4 armor/ultimate charm and omega stone. That is pointless because these concerns are for the starting out point of the character all the way TO that progressive "end content"point. And logistically if it is not overpowered at the starting point...then there is No WAY it will be overpowered at the near end point (with all charms and max armor, so on and so forth). Especially with the way mobs scale in progression here.

But by all means if someone wants to spend the time doing all the end game equip and items to see what end result of the above proposed formula would be go right ahead....but I think it would be a waste of time because not everyone has end game gear.

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2010, 04:41:48 pm »

So you see yellowbird, I am actually trying to help and find a reasonable solution.

All you are doing is posting cool pics of Mr.T

Ya, that helps you look better in this forum. I didn't count on it that you had anything else of relevance to offer to our players.

thanks

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »

I in no way made any veiled insults to anyone in your guild nor did I ever reference your guild at all. But I see what you did there, attempting to twist my words against your guild and its members. You have made sure that you recruited people who have made it to engaging in the end game, people don't get there without having some ingenuity. My reference is the way you speak to and treat the people on this forum and most of the people on this server. Quite frankly, it benefits you to be nice to the people in your guild, but the rest of the server you strive to show people how much of a jerk you are. Now you can come back come up with a witty response and yadda yadda this or whatever but it will never change the fact that you are a jerk. It's funny, you try to bash as many people down and at the same time be as helpful as possible in a jerk sort of way to make yourself relevant. What you end up doing in the long run though is making yourself irrelevant.

I'm done.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:28:40 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2010, 03:01:32 am »

Ohhh, I see.

Wait, I thought it was determined that the click was going to be a PBAoE dot of damage..not heals? Isnt that the idea behind paladins, the group heal?

wouldn't it be more fitting to a Shadowknight to spread a disease to those around him rather than heal them, and to go with the Pbaoe Dot ?
not that a 8k (or edited less powerful) group heal wouldnt be badass though.

i dunno, i actually really like the idea of a group heal...but kinda kills the image of a SK, no?

It's not intentional. It's a bug related to the spell. I'm changing it to a rolling DoT maybe when I get a chance to change it (Hunter needs to put in the scripts for that to happen.)

It'll start at the same heal amount it heals for as damage instead to an NPC, and gradually get better as the fight goes on for a maximum of 8 ticks.

Also, get the topic back on topic, stop picking fights, etc. We're all friends here.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2010, 03:07:51 am »

Also, get the topic back on topic, stop picking fights, etc. We're all friends here.

Rants and flames is where you want to fight
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »

THanks for that, usually it is Really hard to smack retards that live to argue back on track once they derail.

But ya...that rolling dot sounds freaking amazing. What are these scripts you speak of though? I'm just curious.

Is there anyway that you can post the actual spell info details here so we can check it out, since the one ingame is totally wrong and misleading. MIght give the people something to have an idea of whats in store rather than a bunch of ideas dropping in this post.

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2010, 05:02:14 pm »

THanks for that, usually it is Really hard to smack retards that live to argue back on track once they derail.

But ya...that rolling dot sounds freaking amazing. What are these scripts you speak of though? I'm just curious.

Is there anyway that you can post the actual spell info details here so we can check it out, since the one ingame is totally wrong and misleading. MIght give the people something to have an idea of whats in store rather than a bunch of ideas dropping in this post.
Code:
sub EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_NPC
{
my $caster = $entity_list->GetMobByID($caster_id);
if($caster)
{
$npc->Damage($caster, $caster->GetActSpellDamage(7863, 10), 0, 4);
$caster->CastSpell(7863, $npc->GetID(), 1000);
if($caster->IsClient())
{
$caster->CastToClient()->SetFeigned(0);
}
}
}

sub EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_NPC
{
if($caster->IsClient())
{
 $caster->AddToHateList($caster, 100);
 $caster->CastToClient()->SetFeigned(0);
}
}

sub EVENT_SPELL_EFFECT_BUFF_TIC_CLIENT
{
if($caster)
{
$client->CastToClient()->SetFeigned(0);
$client->HealDamage($caster->GetActSpellHealing(10), $caster)
}
}
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2010, 02:36:12 pm »

So this script is fixed? just waiting on the implement?

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »

Gotta re-write it. I'll do it sometime, just not today, i'm exhausted :p
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2010, 05:17:21 pm »

Gotta re-write it. I'll do it sometime, just not today, i'm exhausted :p

Omg, you sleep? hehe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081