Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:14:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Suggested Changes (mostly lower tier content)  (Read 15748 times)
Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 11:50:27 am »

Legendary tier is nice but it doesn't address some of the negatives of progression for players on the way up, as I was trying to give the perspective of.

I would definitely prefer legendary tier over backfarming lower essences via MPG or through the original lower tiers, though.  That sounds like a lot of fun!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »

I do agree though that CT sucks....a change that would be very cool....and still keep with Hunter's original concept.....move that tier back to oh crap the name of the zone from Qvic.....I am forgetting...the way it was originally....wow I am brain dead this morning.

Tacvi

Gonna be the first time I have ever said this.

Thanks, Maslow. Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Peign
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 01:26:02 pm »

I do agree though that CT sucks....a change that would be very cool....and still keep with Hunter's original concept.....move that tier back to oh crap the name of the zone from Qvic.....I am forgetting...the way it was originally....wow I am brain dead this morning.

Tacvi

Thanks, Maslow. Shocked

That's just silly man.   
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 02:35:26 pm »

Tacvi

Thanks, Maslow. Shocked

That's just silly man.   

I know, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't continue the feud....you know Hatfield and McCoy kinda thing. Grin

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 05:25:54 pm »

Orthanos is the worst.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 06:39:23 am »

Pot meet kettle..... Grin

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 10:15:42 am »

There may be other lower tier options that come into play this year.

These ideas have not been ironed out. It is my intention to bring new and exciting content to the lower tiers to break up the "grind" aspect and give players a way to play with gains.

Side "raids" and side "expeditions" to give players a way to get gains while seeing new content on the way up.

These ideas are evolving, changing and only in the idea phase.

I feel that needed changes to existing zones won't be ruled out, but at the same time keeping with Hunter's zones and concepts is the core of the server.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 12:35:29 pm »

I'd love to see reworking of UC and UW.  Make prism charms (v1) drop in all custom zones and at much higher rate. That way you can raise them up naturally as you progress and not spend so much time farming Ldon/Hoh/etc. Then for v2 & v3 have a trade-in system for prism charms where 100-200 prisms = uc2 upgrade and 400-500 = uc3 upgrade (tweak the numbers, whatever works). Right now doing UC is far too painful unless it's double loot.. And yes I'm aware it was much harder in the past, I did 2 UC's under the old system (2010 or so) but back then UC (v1) was actually the "ultimate" and it was end-game, and it wasn't exactly required, not for every single dingle toon, buffer etc..

Same for UW, way way too much grind, especially lower tiers. T1-2 and T3-4 make essences drop off all mobs not just bosses. T5 and up are generally ok, just increase the drop rate a little. Same for the Tofs essences, either increase drop rate dramatically, or eliminate them as a requirement for UW (best idea IMO).

Either that or tone down T10 a lot (mob HP and rampage - especially f'n rampage), and I don't think you want to do that. But if you're really going to require 18+ toons all with max UC & UW (or nearly all) just to progress at a decent rate in T10, then you need to make those items more realistic.  If this makes current UW-enabled players butthurt then enable them to turn in current UW's for a MegaUW or some crap that helps with their feelings... idk.

Right now I have 8 toons, all have UC1, two have UC2 and one has UC3, and 0 UW's, and T10 is just too slow. I can barely kill 1 mob per minute, and when the starting quest is 750 kills before you even get a single upgrade.. that just bites. And the only way to increase DPS would be to add more toons (and grind their UC's) or get UWs for a few toons, which is even worse. I don't even want to login any more. Some day when I'm super bored I'll probably give in and create 3-4 more toons and start grinding Qvic.. but not today :/

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »

The reality is you can't do T10 without at least one strong UW and a group of UC2/UC3 toons. To be honest, in order to do it at a reasonable pace you need at least two UWs. Personally, I like this as it acts as a major gut check, but it does make the UWs essential for progression.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 03:48:05 pm »

Gell, I hate to say this but the reason you are going slowly is because you havent taken the time to gear your toons before moving into T10. I don't have UW on two of my 3 groups.....and I dont have SoA on every toon either.  I have UC3 on healers/tanks primarily (pally,clr,druid,shm,war,war and maybe 3 dps toons monk/zerker/zerker maybe a rogue)....when you are running T10 with toons that only have a UC1 when a UC2 is sooooo easy to get then you kinda lost the argument on nefing T10.....T10 has been nerfed....nothing else needs to be nerfed there.

I like your idea of taking ToFS esse's out of the UW recipe though.  They weren't there to start with.

As for too much grind to get the 100 esse's, no....can't agree with that....is it a pita...boring....YES! I don't want it to be an item that you don't have to grind for.

Now I did propose an idea to Akka about making T10 epics have UW aug slots....no clue if that is going to stick or not. I would like to be able to spend berries on toons that dont have an UW for augs that aren't game breaking (because if they were they wouldnt be in-game) and the epic 10 is a grind all too itself. As I have said I am on last faction and have several sun shards (just waiting on faction at this point) and I will have UA and everything for UW BEFORE I get the t10 epic! With that kind of grind I would expect a better than normal epic weapon for each toon......all this is of course my opinion...so you can take it or leave it.  Cool

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 05:30:25 pm »

ahem well, all my toons are pretty maxed out, except for UC/UW. mana necks, check. ornate fire swords check. shield of ages check. fire/ninjastrikes check. resist augs check. hp augs on tanks check. the main reason it's so slow is I'm not running 20+ toons and the fact that you need 750 kills just to START getting gear. most other tiers you kill the first boss, bam you got an upgrade for one of your toons...

look I get it, it's a MMO, it's all about the grind. mmo players are like rats in a cage, pushing a button to get a food pellet.  that's fine, I'll push that button, but I gotta get a pellet before too long. if I push the button over 100 times and still no pellet, I'm gonna starve.

Peign
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 06:08:06 pm »

ahem well, all my toons are pretty maxed out, except for UC/UW. mana necks, check. ornate fire swords check. shield of ages check. fire/ninjastrikes check. resist augs check. hp augs on tanks check. the main reason it's so slow is I'm not running 20+ toons and the fact that you need 750 kills just to START getting gear. most other tiers you kill the first boss, bam you got an upgrade for one of your toons...

look I get it, it's a MMO, it's all about the grind. mmo players are like rats in a cage, pushing a button to get a food pellet.  that's fine, I'll push that button, but I gotta get a pellet before too long. if I push the button over 100 times and still no pellet, I'm gonna starve.

If you think you are maxed out and you still have UC1s, you are wrong.    If you do not understand that then I'd recommend Skylanders or Pokemon for a game your speed.

You are not ready for T10, period.     You are in the same spot many have been when they went from T3/T4 to Illaslin, realizing quickly you are not prepared and heading back to retool and or gear up.  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:37:34 pm by Peign » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 06:38:56 pm »

UC2's give a HUGE boost to spell/proc damage and healing...UC3 even more. Also with mana necks I take it you are heavy caster classes.  That's a plus! Hate designed T10 for casters since they were classes rarely used and he looked to build content to make them more useful. You do need to finish UC2's at bare minimum.....I would work on doing anything and everything I could to boost dps.  The faster you can kill something the less it will beat on your tank and kill them....kinda like the best defense is a good offense theory.

JLPicard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 08:01:37 pm »

Suggestion from the peanut gallery.  Provide options for every tier that you consider need changed.  If you think FoB needs a change, give an alternative zone that you can do the same thing in.  Although from someone that is just a month or so into the game, FOB wasn't all that awful, it didn't take forever and once it was finished, it was finished.

Dulak is quite boring, but I think there should be more mobs available to kill for the quest.  Maybe some of the ship mobs?

POTIMEa was a blast.  That also I got help with, but once I got the hang of what's what there, I found I could solo and then group pretty easily.  The armor upgrades are very much appreciated.

BOT wasn't to awful, but it was boring... for me.  I was glad to get it over with.

LDON's were a struggle, but I managed to get some help.  If a group had zero assistance, and didn't have any Nexus buffs, it is a serious crawl.  Most folks who join that are true Newbies don't have two groups and probably think they will be soloing content.  LDON is the first obstacle and eye-opener.   If the intent is to make it more 'newbie friendly' LDoN should be looked at.  If the intent is to make it difficult and require some time, then leave it alone.

FG/CG was really enjoyable.  Getting to revisit all of those classic zones was awesome!  I wish there were more of this type of quests.  The nice thing is that each step wasn't THAT difficult, and by this time you have got a handle on instances and they help a ton!  It sorta felt like a mini-epic quest, but didn't require a lot of effort, just a bit of time and some ingenuity to traverse these old zones and get thru locked doors.   Loved it!

Hohonora is very boring.  I honestly think this is the first part I have hit that I feel  A SMALL PART of the pain that I read in OOC every day about the time sink with very limited drops.  Hours spent there, crawling along with a few if any drops towards advancement.  Granted, I can't mass pull the zone, but true newbies can't do that type of thing at this point.  Maybe handling 3 or 4 adds at a time can be done (with nexus buffs) but that's it.  No true newbie has the abilities YET for much more.

CT isn't awful, but the drops can be a problem.  Just that LAST piece, at least we can ask for rotts in OOC right?  How about the ability to hand in multi's for the one piece you need, sorta like POD?

POD, not so bad, there are many opportunities for assistance there from phatties mass pulling that zone that don't need the armor pcs that drop.

I know this isn't in order, it's just as it came to me.

How about a way to obtain higher level buffs from a BUFF BOT type NPC, maybe buffs that cost some gold?  100k per buff or something I dunno.

The thing is, who actually can make these changes on the server?  Is Akk the only 'developer' that we have?  I really just don't know who the movers and shakers are but the only one I see in OOC chat is AKK, and I think he has a lot on his plate as it is.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 02:52:14 am »

Things actually seem a lot better now, than they used to. Instances. Resists. People MGB'in all over the place, the EZ-Wiki (I had to bother Chunka every other minute back in the day), extensive guides etc. for the most part, people even seem friendly in OOC.

Lots of the crap that has been listed in this thread are 1st world problems. And I honestly don't think, that this server caters to absolute EverQuest virgins, unless they have some sort of masochistic need for timesinks and RNG frustration.

But hey I could be wrong, haven't played T1-4 in 5+ years - but back then, it really sucked too. Thankfully, there were a lot of peers in the same pool of piss as you, that you could team up with and uberleets, who'd show up to give a small leg up here and there. That may not be the case anymore.

But I kinda thought that was the point of it all. If it's not, then I have a ton of recommendations for T9 changes =D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 321