Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 01:17:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Epic 2.0 - 3.0 Updates  (Read 34283 times)
Tanksauce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 09:37:12 pm »

What was the 3.0 cleric epic mana regen before the nerf? honestly never payed attention am now though. guess i shoulda been keeping all them mana regen aug pieces from pod lol.
Balthor2
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 09:38:54 pm »

A lot of the high end content was designed around 2-3 group raids. Players that decide they need an over powered weapon/item so they can be anti-social is their choice. There is the way the game was intended, then how people actually break n play it.

between me and xiggie we box in 3 groups for content. Sometimes we have 1 or 2 other RL people with us and it brings us to 4 groups.
I know other people do the same and progress the content.
What you are referring to is the people that have 3x 4.0 warriors and higher charms that do the dps of 18 using only 3-5.
So instead of adjusting the top end to get to your vision of 3 groups you just go and break everything across the board.
This might be a broad sweep of the pen and the next few days will tell for sure but it sure as hell feels like you spend time on KMRA server, coming up with these changes.

So what was the haste cap changed to?
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 09:52:33 pm »

should have left the 3.0s the same and just changed the 3.5s

1k regen on 3.0
1250 regen on 3.5
1.5k regen on 4.0

it's taken me 5 months to get where i am and now i won't even be able to progress with my group

this has completely changed this server.. not sure i want to keep playing if you are going to keep doing this..
nerfed charm drops..
nerfed epics..

doesn't make sense to me.. T3/T4/4.0 are already hard enough now they are nigh impossible to everyone that does not already have 4.0s
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 10:10:22 pm »

omg, so we actually have to click our mana stones now!? I love the changes, more of a challenge, t2 even t3 is a joke as far as difficulty goes, Able to tank the t3 and that's with no t3 gear, the regen adjustments are great.  This will definately bring more players together. Great application Hunter!

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 10:12:57 pm »

Winners never quit.

Not trying to make any enemies here but these changes are not final, give it a chance.

If they are intended to encourage grouping later on in the game....

Again give it a chance. 
tacl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 10:13:53 pm »

ouch, i feel for ya casters.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »

Was looking for the free in game jar o' vaseline after these changes.
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 10:25:12 pm »

go try the T3/T4/4.0 bosses with the new changes before you post..

thanks
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:18 pm »

go try the T3/T4/4.0 bosses with the new changes before you post..

thanks

Exactly why I was reluctant to post.

I forgot, if you're not T1 Elite or better you're sub human and you don't count.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 10:34:13 pm »

You are supposed to be able to tank the mobs that drop the gear that you are attempting to get provided you have the previous gear. With mana cut to 1/10th of what it used to be this will be impossible without 3x the amount of clerics as before, if not more.

As far as winners never quit, there is no shame in knowing when to quit. With dt going off in at least 61 seconds (i think it was less on 4.0 boss but did not confirm) I was near quiting already. Already I was getting the impression that the server seems to be changing to a pay to progress, meaning you can't get the gear from from a mob unless you already have the gear it drops on some of your toons or you farm up millions of plat to get a 3.5/4.0. These changes reinforce that idea 3 and 4 times over.

As for grouping. I do group with people. And I am not just talking about me and bathor group up, I group with balthor and many others. Sometimes we have 3, 4, 5 other people with us. More than that creates too many variables to me. I left eq live partly because I didn't like the mass grouping to took to do anything. I like the emu aspect, 1 to 5 people can do the content.

As for waiting for fine tuning. The changes I hoped for was changing the T4/3.5/4.0 fights so that you could do them with the gear you get before that encounter. This change went in the complete opposite direction of that.

Hunter, I always despise it when people go to quit a server and then start trashing that server and the owner/devs/gm. I genuinely hope that I have not come off that way. I have tried to express my opinion without throwing hateful insults at anyone. You have provided me with over a year and a half of entertainment and for that I thank you. This was the best server I ever played on, hands down.

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 10:42:27 pm »

As far as winners never quit, there is no shame in knowing when to quit. With dt going off in at least 61 seconds (i think it was less on 4.0 boss but did not confirm) I was near quiting already. 

Well thank you for at least explaining your opinion and reasoning instead of suggesting someone should not post unless their e-penis is not as large as anothers.

Hang in there, changes arent final.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 10:58:59 pm »

Im with the masses on this one.
If you think the progress was too easy for those who've already made it seems unfair for those who havent.
Time will tell.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 11:03:23 pm »

I didn't and don't want any part of my posting to be an insult to anyone. As for hanging in there for changes, I was already near quitting because of the way the T4/3.5/4.0 content is designed. I am not going to wait around to see if things are brought around to a point where I find it entertaining again, especially when it is going even farther in a direction I don't find entertaining. I will hang out on the forums though to see how things are going.

kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 11:12:10 pm »

sorry gunther but this only really affects people that are past T2
that is the point where mana becomes important

lex i would love to be able to call a timeout to click my manastone during a fight because i am oom but some how i don't think the mobs will let me do that

i have played on this server for 6 months developing my group..
the charm nerf was bad enough but i accepted it.. even though some people got their UCs within half the time
this nerf though you can't grind an extra 50 hours and make up for your clerics running out of mana
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 12:50:59 am »

Updated original post, added more hp/mana regens. Still tweaking stuff.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 8678