Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:47:02 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Do you think it would be a good idea to add SK to the master's ring for the pet?
YES, finally, gg utility, gg sk balance - 13 (38.2%)
No, that would be overpowered - 7 (20.6%)
Sure, but they're still of limited to no use t3+ - 7 (20.6%)
Totally Meh about it - 7 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Idea to give SK's more balance + utility  (Read 15678 times)
pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »

Also HT needs to be looked into as well

It's a small aspect that gets overlooked.

Definitely needs to be scaled up.
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 09:36:18 pm »

Actually, the answers to ALL the dps classes concerns is quite simple. Just make augs that are in line with damage that warriors have. I don't know excactly what said augment would be, but comparable to the Anger IV without the hate component. Not only would this buff SK's, but rogues, zerkers, monks, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

-Tankasaurus

^^ this.
I touched on something like this in the talks about the new guild implimentation thread.  Even having base anger augs in the FG guilds has other melee classes scratching their heads.

HT definitely needs a revamp.  It's pretty useless in its current state.  Whether the dam is scaled or not, the timer needs to be turned WAY down and possible put Life Leech on its own timer, but keep the same dam/heal it currently does.
Hydralisk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 11:45:02 pm »

I'm definitely in support of this. There isn't any reason to roll a Sk over Pally / Warr. Simply looking at the Paladin 1.0 vs Shadowknight 1.0 can sum up the inferiority of Sks.

I would like to see Sks become more dps oriented tanks, either through spells or increased melee damage via better epics

For sure. SK is a blend of the mitigation of a warrior and DPS of a necro, at least in theory. Our 3.0 already does more damage on procs, but Sks are still severely stunted compared to their tank counterparts. More utility is exactly what Sks need.

The 3.0 clicky is only useful for farming trains of no more than ten mobs. The effect loses its importance in T1. Either having an optional agro clicky, like a hate tap, or a group tap would make sense.

Also HT needs to be looked into as well

It's a small aspect that gets overlooked.

Definitely needs to be scaled up.

Another point. I'm tired of HT hitting for 3k to 6k at best with Unholy Aura disc. The damage is negligible next to two crits is negligible and the recast is something close to 30 minutes even with full AAs.

Ideally, I'd like to see some sort of group-wide click on the Sk Epic, like tapping AC, ATK, or a 2k HP buff from a mob, or a simple aoe hate DD click with a recast time of a minute.

What would be interesting is making the SK a 2H viable tank. That way we got SnB, Dual wield, and 2H. Same mitigation as the rest of the tank, just WAY higher avoidance and possibly better resists.

The idea of promoting the Sk as the 'DPS Tank' by providing an incentive for 2hd use is also interesting. I've heard proc rates are more common on 2hd swings. Still, the benefit would need to be substantial to eliminate the utility of the board.

Great ideas all around. Hunter, you should get on this Wink
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 11:55:05 pm »

The idea that sk should basically replace warriors by becoming a "dps supertank" is just dreaming. That would be a be all end all class and thus server breaking. I seriously doubt any successful server would ever create a 'superclass' like that.

Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 12:10:56 am »

As much as I love my SK to death, and wish it could dish out more DPS as it's an absolute beast at tanking, I do feel like it just isn't the answer, and rather, we need some group utility of a clicky. Thinking to live abilities, SK's were very nice to have for that AC boost they could offer from the AC stealing spells, so maybe something along those lines? An unresistable, major AC and or ATK booster, although I remember reading someone saying that the reason AC didn't scale very high on this server is because Hunter said there was a AC point where you became godlike, but again just what I recall hearing.

Although it would make SK's even better tanks, what about a group rune? I dunno, it's really to think of something without overpowering the SK, or giving them a group utility that would make another class too powerful (with the AC or something)

Personally I am content with my SK... He may not have the mitigation to survive the biggest of hits, but if he can take the hits, he's oh so sexy.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 12:50:11 am »

The idea that sk should basically replace warriors by becoming a "dps supertank" is just dreaming. That would be a be all end all class and thus server breaking. I seriously doubt any successful server would ever create a 'superclass' like that.

i dont think anyone is saying they want sks to be dpsing supertanks, i think most of us are asking that sks dps at least be on par with paladins (which isnt even that great) and add utility to groups.

warriors arent going anywhere in the future as they're the closest thing to a superclass on this server anyway. SO asking for SKs buffs (and other class buffs) to close the gap isn't that big of a deal imo.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:51:43 am by pjj5001 » Logged
Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 02:35:10 am »

I don't want major DPS on my SK, but I would like things to work, make sense and make him more desireable as a tank.  Give the epics a clicky, all of them, that makes sense.

Having a group tap is too much like the Pallies epic, we didn't make pallies for a reason!  We dont need AOE aggro b/c Gaze does an exceptional job with basically no cooldown and we have Voice/Terror for added hate.  We dont need an AOE DD since that would just fall under AOE aggro since the damage would most likely be anemic.  Between the passive tap on the epic, shroud tap and spells, adding another one is just overkill.

Keep it class defining....wrap our 3 torrent spells into one clicky : Torrent of Hate, Pain and Fatigue, maybe lessen the effects on group mates for having it on the convenience of a clicky, but hits the SK for full effect.

HT was a class defining ability at release but the timer...90min to 54min with AAs and mine is only hitting for 7k max.  Useless and doesn't make much sense, never did. 

We don't want to be OPed DPS supertanks, we'll leave that to the warriors....but the gap is way too big between the two.   We want group viability, not asking too much.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 04:18:31 am »

A short duration (6 minutes) proc buff that lands and all friendlies in the same group. The buff would would give all friendlies a life tap proc. It would make sk's a really good addition to a group if the tap was large enough and fits with the idea behind sk's. The tap would be single target, would be larger on the SK and would have no hate component with it.

pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:57 am »

-An all in 1 torrent would be pretty snazzy...I don't know how the coding would go for that tho...I don't think one spells can do THAT many things
-A group tap would be cool...whether it's through buff or through the proc is the part we should determine...imo it should be a more potent bite of muram...the mana heal would help a lot once you get t3 spells.
-Up SKs dps slight via better epic dmg ratio. I don't think this is asking for a lot. Sword and board or 2handers will never outdps dual wield classes anyway so giving SKs a little more damage wouldnt be a game breaking thing at all.
-HT definitely needs to be scaled up....waaaay up for a 1 hour cooldown.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:32:56 am by pjj5001 » Logged
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 11:03:13 am »

just give it the live proc, which is what people are asking for ....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=6268

It is an important tool for sk's
Chane Laforet

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 01:58:59 pm »

just give it the live proc, which is what people are asking for ....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=6268

It is an important tool for sk's

This is what we use to have, and while it was nice, I think we should move away from more group healing... Pallies already do that, and I'm pretty sure it would be easier to stick a pally on a mob and heal everyone than click this spell every 3-5mins for a 30second boost.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Murrjok
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 02:13:12 pm »

Give Shadowknights Marrowthrist horror. The End.
Chane Laforet

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 02:37:09 pm »

Give Shadowknights Marrowthrist horror. The End.

More leeching? Seriously?

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17:05 pm »

I think hunter has said he was not upping the taps. They already have the highest heal in the game.

pjj5001

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 07:29:06 pm »

is that why their 4.0 epic sucks so bad?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)