Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:58:44 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lag out while boxing  (Read 6464 times)
Lintrix

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:45:35 pm »

For those players who box 6-12, have you been subjected to random lag out on some of your characters during long fights?  The lag out could be described as the toon stops attacking, the mob stops moving, and all combat spam stops updating.  The toon could still run around (and the server will update their location) but the toon would no longer see any mobs and can only follow around.  The original mob would just stand there with 0% indefinitely until I /q out and relog.  Most of the time, when that window is focused, the mouse disappears as well.

Last night was terrible for me, even in a 30 second avatar fight, at least 1-2 toon would just lag out.  Fighting Shadow was the worst.  The fight included constant relogging of toons, which eventually, lead to my group's demise when it got down to 10% (this is after it stepping 3 times on me, 50% chance.. yeah)  Needless to say, I /camped for the night because it was absolutely unplayable.

Has this been troubling anyone else that boxed as of the last few days?  I'm just wondering if there were some network failures on my end that I need to fix or if this issue has been observed by others.
Awzume

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:50:34 pm »

i used to have that problem, solved it by going in and turning off all filters not related to chat and left me getting hit/me hitting others on
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 12:53:19 pm »

I'm sure you probably got plenty of machine to run these boxes,but this setup up guide might help.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=543.0

I done it and it increased performance a lot. I play 5-6 toons on my laptop.

I haven't experienced the lag your talking about as of late tho. So maybe someone else could ya help you there.

edit: Like the above post, I filter out all most all battle spam.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:55:06 pm by Drezden » Logged
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:59:22 pm »

i used to have that problem, solved it by going in and turning off all filters not related to chat and left me getting hit/me hitting others on

Hm.. Good call.  I will try that tonight.  

It seems that you can tell when that toon will lag out by looking at the frequency of damage updates.  It'll first start coming in spurts, then slowly it stops updating.
I'm sure you probably got plenty of machine to run these boxes,but this setup up guide might help.

Thanks for the link Drez, I've read that and did some of the steps.  I have an EQ install dedicated to Bots and one dedicated to the "Main" as well as modified the settings to increase performance.  I am boxing 8 characters on one computer with 50FPS, and 4 on a different computer.  I also turned off that annoying MQ2 plugin that makes you get seizures because it only updates the UI and makes me think the toons are dead/zoning.

I'm running a Core i7, 4GB, Radeon 5750, 2x SSD Raid 0 (probably should switch to SATA so i don't wear out the hard drive too fast.

I've been boxing 12 characters with no problems for quite some time now, and have only begun to experience this problem.

The only other time that i've ever run across something like this is when i pulled the entire Plane of Time (in guild instance, of course).  I think it may have something to do with too many things going on at the same time in regards to the combat chat.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 01:05:51 pm »

OMG MQ2FPS rocks ! The seizures it induces are intense!

But seriously,the render setting is good if you have your windows in the background and use an old machine or laptops. I use it to free up FPS on my main screen, with ISBOxer I keep my box screens in the background, some like them to overlay which would suck using MQ2FPS.
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »

Hm... what version are you using?  I seem to be unable to turn off filters.  Everything that turns off will go to the main window, and if i attempt to turn them off in the main window, it remains on the main window.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:58:09 pm »

Go into chat options and turn them off.  You're just changing the destination.

You can also try /serverfilter on, although I don't know if it has any effect on the emulator.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:45 pm »

Should say hide or show,under options->filter
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:15:41 pm »

Yeah one or two of my team have been lagging out in poair these last few days.

Poop
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061