Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:26:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Ways to help you box.  (Read 105958 times)
youthdragon

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:39:18 am »

First be kind this is my first guild.  I am using SoD so you might have to change few things.

OK the first thing you will need to do is make a 2nd copy of your eq folder.  For this walktru we are going to past it into c.  And we will call it eq2 for reference, you can name it what every you wish.  Scene it is a copy of your old eq folder it should be set up for eqem.  So just make a short cut on your desktop to the eqgame.exe and put the patch me at the end.  So when you right click your 2nd short cut should look something like this in the target window. "C:\EQ2\eqgame.exe" patchme.  I rename my short cut eq2 for this guild you can name it what ever.  So know we should have 2 folder of eq that can connect to the servers.  If not then you need to find out why before moving on.  The reason we are setting up 2 folder is because one is for your bots. so  eq2 will be modified and you will see nothing but humans and will no see any weapons.  But if your OK with this seeing this way all the time you can just change your main folder.

OK lets start.
First open up your eq2 folder, then open up Resources folder.  Know find and open the GlobalLoad.txt.  Know you can delete or copy over the info in the folder with the following line.   3,1,TFFFC,Global_chr,Loading
After that save and close.  This is the end of step one.

Step 2.
Ok start up your eq2 game.  Before you click Log in we need to go to the Options.  OK the first thing we want to do is turn off all Luclin models and elementals/horse. Ok on the next page Uncheck everything, and set the texture Quality to low. Click finish and we are done here.  OK know log into the game on your eq2.  You should no weapons in people hands and every Iskar Drakkin and frog should look like a Human.  If you are not seeing the world like this then you need to repeat step 1 and 2. The world should look something like this. By the way handydoc is a frog.. This is what she looks like on the client my side.

Step 3.
When you are in game go to options alt o.  Click on the display tab.  Look for advance button.  Ok should look like this.

Know what this does is lower your load time and lower the resources needed to run a instance of eq. So there for let you run more instance on a single pc.  I decided to use the 2nd eq folder for my cleric, bard, and rangers.  Scene I do not look at there screen as much as my warrior.  So there for my warrior runs at everything set on max and unchanged globalload file.  There is more you can change but unless you plan to box more then 12 on a older pc this will get you by.

MQ2.

Using this program is 100% up to you.  The /stick and the map are a life saver.  And are safe to use by the rules.  Please don't hijack my post to debate this.
Post with the server rules about MQ here http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=55.0

/stick-  What this lets you do is a advance /follow.  Your toons will all follow you at a closer or father distance.  Also can use it on npc.  Example /stick 30 will make you stick yo your target at 30 yards. There is also /stick behind this makes you alway stay behind the target.
Read up more on this feather here  ---> http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2MoveUtils

Map-  There are many feathers here.  First one is /filter npc.  This will show you were every npc is at in the zone.  So its like a super track.  You can also do /filter corpse.  What it does is show you were every corpse is loc at.
Read up more on tis feather here ---> http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Map

You can download MQ2 that works on are server here. http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php  Just click your client and download the full.

I decided to write this mainly to help people who are just starting to box.  If you feel you can add to this with useful info feel free.  If you just want to argue then please make a new post.  Hope this help you as much as it has helped others.

The Pudge.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:46:16 am by youthdragon » Logged
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:39 am »

Spot holder!!
Gencat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:08:51 am »

this post will probably be edited by hunter or someone else with admin access on this site as i do believe posting links to download MQ2 is prohibited its not that hunter has it banned from ez server but it shouldnt be posted here for public access if people want it they can go out and search for it themselves for hours or maybe minutes if they know where to look but regardless posting MQ2 links on forums always leads to trouble  Roll Eyes

Edit: I am in no way discrediting your post as im sure it will help people who have lag issues when boxing and the time you put into making a guide and ss for people is really awesome of you and im sure others will think the same my post was simply regarding the MQ2 dl link in your post
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:15:21 am by Gencat » Logged

No picture, no catchy sig line ... sux being me Sad
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:18:43 am »

nice post. someone was talking today about changing the loaded models and stuff.
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:19 am »

Kinda agree with gencat, MQ2 is one of those bastardly topics. While Hunter allows people to use this, afaik he doesn't necessarily promote it. Might be wise to remove the link until you've had a chance to run it by hunter.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:17:30 am »

Pudge,

Thanks for sharing this stuff! (and typed like a true Ogre as well, way to roleplay;).

*another tip, try turning off your virus scanner*
If you're not downloading/opening files and have your firewall on it should be safe to turn the scanner monitor off for a while. (at your own risk of course).
Just remember to turn it back on. My son managed to infect my system the morning after I did this, looking for Nick Jr games. Had to System Restore way back and reinstall EQ and everything.

Question. Is this something you've recently changed in your setup? I remember about a week or two ago you were helping me in Qvic. It seemed to take about the same time for you to load your boxes in as it does me, and I am using standard graphic settings with Wineq. Sounded like you have a faster box than me too. I have 4 gigs of ram, you have 12.

Just wondering how much difference it makes. Perhaps I'll try it and set a timer on loading a 6box group.

As for /stick - 100% agree!  All stick is, is an autofollow that actually works. It's not cheating in any way. I lost count of how many times I died, got stuck in walls/objects and trained people while trying to box using /follow. Stupid bard would start running in circles or something completely random, every doorway was a challenge all it's own, very aggravating. I can't imagine someone boxing 13 toons without /stick (and a few other unmentionables).
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:47 am »

Yes I just changed to this about a week ago.  As for the MQ part there was no rule saying you can't post a link.  If he send me a tell saying remove it , it shall be done till then its staying there.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:13:43 am »

Pudge has teh balls of a rhino!

Poop
Gencat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 12:15:50 pm »

Hunter is going to neuter that rhino imo  Cheesy

No picture, no catchy sig line ... sux being me Sad
ookii

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 06:18:59 pm »

Great post!! I've  been looking for a guide on how the edit out the models.

If u remove everything from the global file the aug bird bath will be gone, but there is a line of text that u can leave in that causes it to show back up as a bag on the floor. I'll post which one it was when i get home.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 08:17:40 pm »

Should get this thread stickied

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 08:23:29 pm »

I liked the part about loaded models.  Must... Edit... To be.... Old school froglok!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »

ookii

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 11:11:26 pm »

These are the lines I left in to get the aug bird bath to still function:

3,1,TFFF,Global_chr,Loading Characters
1,1,TFFF,Global_obj,Loading Character Equipment Files
1,1,TFTF,GEquip,Loading Character Equipment Files
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 11:15:20 pm »

These are the lines I left in to get the aug bird bath to still function:

3,1,TFFF,Global_chr,Loading Characters
1,1,TFFF,Global_obj,Loading Character Equipment Files
1,1,TFTF,GEquip,Loading Character Equipment Files

If you wanted to go above and beyond as a server op, you can select and make available only models you need on a per zone basis instead of making all kinds of stuff global and being loaded when it's used maybe once in a blue moon. Making loads much faster and general gameplay take much less resources.

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678