Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 07:53:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PVP Custom Zone  (Read 12082 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 11:11:01 am »

Not to completely derail, could potentially tie Monster Missions in with PvP.

Think back (if you played live) the Dain Frostreaver MM. You played as a group of Coldains, killing giants.
Now make this into a PvP event, where both "factions" have a mission (Coldain kill giants, Giants defend against Coldain), and the person a player is controlling during this mission has a set of gear pre determined.

So each mission, whoever plays as Coldain X will always have this set of gear, which is balanced against the defenses of the Giant fort (or whatever). Giant Y has this set of gear balanced for the offensive capabilities of Coldains assaulting.

This creates a balanced PvP, makes it fun, and ensures class diversity isnt an issue at all.

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 12:26:31 pm »

Love the MM idea! Kind of like a EQ capture the flag event. Sign me up!

Deadend
Sinder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »

not against the idea of no reward for it at all. TBH would be fun to see the pwnage on this server. i was thinking some dumb reward though like a clicky basilisk illusion or something. nothing on par like the rez clicky or whatever
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 11:41:06 am »

well could get some sort of spendable points based on winning or losing. Winning side gets like 50 points, losers get 5-10. Have a merchant sell items based on that point system.
Could get anything not gear related imo. Food, Drink, Clickies, etc... I say this because, really any kind of PvP wouldn't be able to scale up to T5 gear or epic 5.0's without some substantial work.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 11:47:18 am »

I for one am completely against any kinda of server advocated pvp. Doing so would invite the pvp atmosphere that reeks havoc on other servers. One time events and such as that are fine, but when you have an on going type deal it breeds immaturity.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 11:53:22 am »

I suppose this is truth to that statement Xigg.
Servers of old EQ were some of the best place's i've been... then WoW server that encourage PvP were some of the lowest of the low I've been.
So idk. I kinda support either route on this.

Sinder

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 03:20:33 pm »

I come from VZ where i saw some of the most tasteful and fun pvping ever. RZ was another server that had an awesome community that was able to have fun and still pull off serious stunts like the sleeper kill. wow's for retards. nuff said there.

i think you will find there are already many zek server players on ezserver already at least to show an interest in it
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 03:54:15 pm »

I just think it will invite a drama that Hunter would not want to have to deal with. PVP servers tend to be a lot more maintenance. People tend to take on the idea that he/she who has the best gear makes the rules. Furthermore people tend to take on the attitude of when you get into a disagreement just duel it out. Dueling does not resolve who was right and who was wrong, but just who was either better at dueling or who had the better gear, (usually the latter). It would be a huge mistake in my opinion, one that would come with a hell of a lot of drama for Hunter to deal with.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 04:55:25 pm »

Well the gear issue would be eliminated if it were as I suggested with the MM type of PvP. But as i mentioned, i can see where it leaves openings for problems between players

Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 03:12:48 pm »

Xiggie couldnt be farther from the truth actually. It depends on the rule set and mind set (policing) of the server and the community that drives and dictates how PVP is run. Ive played pretty much every PVP game out there from the EQ live servers, DAOC, SB, and WOW etc. Vallon on EQ live had one of the best and most vibrant PVP player bases with rules that were followed, or characters that were universally punished for not doing so (AKA PnP policy, loot'n scoot and gear retrieval etc). Rallos was much the same way, though I didnt level through high end there only through 30s.

Sullon was where I played the most and ended my live career. That server did draw the worst, and best, of EQ. I can easily say that POS server had some of if not the most skilled players in the game, I can also say that it had the meanest most ruthless asshats to ever log into an MMO. But, it was  the single most fun MMO exp playing on sullon that I have had on ANY game, hands down.

PVP people tend to have a different mind set really, they like the added edge of never really being safe, which was why sullon, even in its wretched state, was still the ultimate PVP server to me. No rules, no gm intervention, no level limit etc etc. Full out tits up battle every day. Hell just trying to run through a zone could be catastrophic.

However, things are much different now then they were then. EQ live at that point was the only MMO and you had to adhere to the rules (even player made rules) to stay on the server. Now a days people can be pricks and just reroll a toon, or change servers, or games for that matter.

PVP on EZ would never work really, in less you implemented something like Reed posted, either play a PC type character, or alter toons that zoned into the zone into some sort of a level state. But the class imbalance on ez would quickly lead to havoc.

Player drama is a moot point. Hunter runs the server and looks for people hacking and is running content. I have never seen him try to babysit the community, that is left to the players. People will talk crap in OOC, have their feelings hurt, bring it to the boards for a full out flame war and the rest of the world will ignore them and keep on going. Ironically enough, sounds like what we have now, a bunch of tools cursing each other out in OOC bringing it to the boards....

Point being, like always, if you dont want to PVP. dont go in the zone. Its that simple.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)