Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 06:00:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Aijax - Ninja Looter -- General Warning for all players  (Read 7442 times)
Strix

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

For those of you who know me - you'd know I hate this sort of post.  But this guy is running rampant on the server and upsetting a lot of people.

On the first night of the Halloween Event, Brunaa and I killed the Stone Monster in public Fear.  I noticed Aijax hovering over the corpse with a few toons.  I asked him to move away amd he seemed to at first.  I got distracted and didn't notice that he snuck back into the midst of our group.  When I unlocked the corpse he immediately looted the entire corpse.  I figured that perhaps it was a mistake and offered a comprimise (before doing a post like this one) and suggested that he give me something as a fair trade.  He ignored me.  I then told him I would report him.  He said "I didn't loot the corpse".  Ok... so apparently the corpse disappeared by itself.

There have been other incidents today.  I'll let the folks who know about those incidents post below this one.

Strix

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:17:16 am »

I realize to a large extent the ninja looting and general dickhead behavior is expected to peak during events like this. But is it supposed to be happening for every boss, in every public zone? There wasn't a single time today my public boss kills weren't being sniped by multiple people.

In fearplane I was holding a Cazic Thule corpse with charms for a couple guildies enroute. Before the boss was dead 4 players were immediately stuck to to the boss. I asked them to please back away multiple times to no response. When I told them I was starting FRAPs 3 immediately ran. Pallyden said: "submit what. its a free zone and if a corpse is open to loot its open to loot" I told him to check the rules and he said "make a gi stop crying"

I'm fucking tired of this attitude from them but also all the players on the server who encourage this as well. Ya, I get it, GI's are safe and they prevent me from getting ripped off and you having to hear about it. But now you can't kill a boss anywhere remotely populated without having to coordinate and sync loot spamming. If you're lucky, you'll get to loot your items. Typically these fuckheads are running loot macros though and your typical player is hosed if they aren't prepared.

I've had this exact scenario happen at least 5 or 6 times today in various pub zones. Of course it could just be bad luck. I love the Halloween event so far and these shitheads aren't keeping me from enjoying it overall, but the problem is becoming excessive. If the idea of the event is community, how is that supposed to work when you can't use public zones at all safely?

I got a tell later in the night from someone in Unrest asking for help with a rampant Stone Monster preventing them access to their CT corpse. I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding this already, but the part that really sucks is the ninja looters are using this as an easy opportunity to steal loot. So you can choose between sacrificing/risking your boss to insure you get the corpse looted, or attempt the new boss while simultaneously warding off these cocksucking shitheads who are being told it's really no big deal, quit crying.

Anyways we got the Stone Monster dead, but of course the CT corpse had long been picked clean. I immediately locked the Stone Monster with a char and started looting the droppables. After looting the augs I realized the Goblin had spawned. So he's wrecking my shit and by the time I get resituated back to Blarr's screen he's loading to bind with a tell "Watch out Aijax looks to be looting the SM" I was able to open the corpse one last time on another bot before full wipe to see of course the pet and sceptre gone.

I hope this doesn't come off as another whining complaint about lost items. I can get the items fine. But a lot of people will only have 1 or 2 opportunities this Halloween event and many of them have been waiting a full year already for those opportunities. So when I hear this quit crying attitude from the same people I listen to year around bitching about charms or t5 bosses or whatever daily accessible content ... my fucking blood boils. <3 Cheesy

What I'd really love to see happen, and I have no clue if it's feasible or even possible:
The lockout timer on the bosses needs to be changed from 2.5 minutes to a minimum of 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:44:40 am by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:55:36 am »

This happened to me too, I had a necro hovering a CT corpse while I was running my cleric over to loot the charms. Ultimately I had to log in my mage and CoH him away so I could loot safely.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:15:22 am »

This happened to me too, I had a necro hovering a CT corpse while I was running my cleric over to loot the charms. Ultimately I had to log in my mage and CoH him away so I could loot safely.

+1

I did this as well to Ajaxx and a few others hwne corpse was almost ready to be looted i Coh"d them across the zone or to a hard to get out fo zone..problem is he just warped right back to corpse and i couldnt coh him away quick enough.....i really need to get fraps working
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 05:00:10 am »

I was CoHing him away and he was warping back to the corpse as well... Aijaxx that is... pretty sure I frapsed it as well I will check !

Bah... I didn't fraps the warping... but I did fraps Bordon Ninja looting a Stone Monster...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:07:57 am by Paldail » Logged

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:17:14 am »

What I'd really love to see happen, and I have no clue if it's feasible or even possible:
The lockout timer on the bosses needs to be changed from 2.5 minutes to a minimum of 15 minutes.

Pretty sure this is a setting in the database that can be modified.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:30:39 am »

Pretty sure this is a setting in the database that can be modified.

It sure is....

Code:
UPDATE `rule_values` SET `rule_value`='900000' WHERE  `ruleset_id`=1 AND `rule_name`='NPC:CorpseUnlockTimer' LIMIT 1;

900,000 milliseconds == 15 minute corpse lockout

Would be nice to have this at least just for the event.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 07:31:26 am »

Hunter should be able to check stuff to see if Aijax was warping. Hopefully we can get this player banned. I hope everyone knows about these asshats and they find their time here miserable.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 07:33:21 am »

Hunter should be able to check stuff to see if Aijax was warping. Hopefully we can get this player banned. I hope everyone knows about these asshats and they find their time here miserable.

At least 2-3 Mages I've talked to saw him warping.. unfortunately I didn't get to fraps it.

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 09:20:35 am »

I would hope the testimony of several higher end people could be enough in this case. In a community as small as the one who plays here truly it doesn't pay to mess with the wrong people.
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 10:21:25 am »

Personally...I think Hunter should identify those jackasses that ninja loot..then strip their toons bare after the event is over. Make them lose all the stuff they worked hard to get or easily got by ninja looting and taking advantage of the lag/desync during this event. I know they broke many rules by warping and ninja looting and banning is the most sensible action but just adding that touch of logging in and having their toons linked to an ip address or account butt nekkid suggestion is almost too good to pass up...then ban them.  Grin

Mixlor
Drast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:26 am »

I'm for just stripping there toons.  get there ip adress and go to there house and giveing em a good beating.  but that's just me. 

Let Pain be there teacher.
Doublep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 11:16:20 am »

Its these people that ruin it for the guilds..We are suppose try work together in the server but hard to try work in public zones when all that happens is lose loot cause of this. I have lost SM loot to one these people aijax and crew was there along with others so no clue who got...But definitely don't want to do public zones at all. With the announcement of bosses spawn in certain zone these people just watch and try come when see that message.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)