Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:24:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10-09-13  (Read 14254 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2013, 04:32:07 am »

Essences of Frozen Shadow ranks 1-6 will start dropping off ToFS bosses floor 1-6 as a RARE drop.

May take more than a day of play to find one. They are not no-drop so you'll be able to sell and trade them with each other.

Just regular play getting charm upgrades, heroic stones, and keys, you'll eventually see them drop and players may ooc sell them to each other, esp since you only need 1 of each essence per rank, then sell the rest if you find more.

Recipes for UW 1-6 are not updated yet to use these essences, but you can start farming them already now.

May eventually rename the regular ToFS essence to be rank 7, but for now it shows no rank yet.

Added pet illusion spells as rare drop on ToFS bosses.

Added Slimy Sapphire of Cowardice augments as rare drop on ToFS bosses.

Updated Teleporter and Teleporter Pet to display the tier number, and to allow 2.5 zone by saying "mird" or "The Hushed Banquet". Cazic Thule 2 suits of armor are the beginning of custom armor names/stats that are not available on Live, and so will be our Tier 1+2 suits of armor. So we're up to 11 tiers of custom suits of armor by now.

Hateborne's Updates
fix Over Raided Healing research to return Over Raided Healing
fix Armor of the Crab research to return Armor of the Crab
revamping druid epics to manage threat better and provide better DPS (with less burst)
update druid/shaman forms to lower threat as well
remove DS from cowardice augs

Need to start updating spell descriptions in the dbstr_us.txt file and Natedog brought to my attention about other neat stuff we can do with that file including color coded descriptions of augment slot types on items, see screenshot below:

There is no custom dbstr_us.txt to download at this time but will probably start including it with future spell file updates. The dbstr_us file that I started using to customize is about 5 MB, or about 500k when zipped for download.

There are more stuff that can be done with that file as well, and can see the categories here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DbstrUsTxt

Used category 16 for Aug Type descriptions.

The spells are category 5 and 6, and lore tags are category 7.

Not sure what other categories will use in that file.

Will be time consuming to add custom spell descriptions to all our custom spells, and currently discussing the project with Hateborne and Natedog right now.

After next reboot the T7 wrist pattern will no longer be lore.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:15:53 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:52:15 am »

So the ToFS essence 1-6, does that coincide with tier you are making? IE- UW 4 needs rank 4 TOFS Essence to make UW5 ?

Keeze
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

Sorta yeah.

Essence of ToFS Rank 1 is from Floor 1 and is required for UW 1 recipe.
Essence Rank 5 is from floor 5 to create an UW 5.
Etc.

You can find the essences dropping now, but recipes are not updated yet, need more time when awake.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:25:06 am »

are you going to make it so you can combine 2x tofs essences rank (eg) 1 to yield 1 rank (eg) 2?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »

I'd opt against it, if the whole point was to make UW a timesink but still something lower tiered people can do then requiring them to farm the appropriate essence seems to be the best way to go about it.  Remember, they aren't no drop so people could trade ones they don't need for the ones they do need.

Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 04:19:37 pm »

I'd opt against it
Of course you would.

What UW rank do you have?

Oh, thats right. 
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:27:40 pm »

I actually like that. It goes with the theme of tofs!

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »

I'd opt against it
Of course you would.

What UW rank do you have?

Oh, thats right. 

I have one for testing purposes, but I use my Tserrina's Staff as my main offensive weapon. UW has been too easy by leaps and bounds. No rare forage items, no rare spawns, no 12 hours camping, etc etc. Maybe even culminate in a boss that is SPECIFICALLY for the UW combine tokens.

Then again...I want ultimate rewards to be ultimate in difficulty. I just don't have the play time to back up these opinions. :-(

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »

Here's the thing I don't understand, people keep posting how it's now impossible to do UW.  Yes, it may be impossible for a T4 geared crew to do Tserrina and Sven...but that's not the gear level that Hunter had in mind when he made UW. 

Thinking about making an Ultimate Weapon quest that probably only 3-5 people on the server would ever earn. Something meant to be super rare and desired.

Would probably be something like 100 Essences per tier/rank in return for a weapon with super stats on it that would probably make 1 tank as powerful as 6 characters. Would be in Task Window so you could see/count the turn in.

Any ideas?

Ultimate Weapon quest/reward would take me 1 hr to make vs 100s of hrs for end game hardcore players to achieve. It would NOT calc into the balance for any tiers.

This new UW would be best item ever, better than scepter 10, or Shield XL. Would def put players at several million HP and maybe 300-500k dps or higher. Bet only 1-3 players ever get it anyways.

I could understand some get upset cause they know they'll never get one.

Def a game breaking item and I couldn't imagine more than 1 tank per large high end guild to have one.

These are all quotes pulled from Hunter's discussion thread when he was kicking the idea of a UW quest around...clearly you can see that he wanted this to be rare as hell.  He had also stated how it was a carrot to dangle for the most hardcore end gamers who had all their gear/progression done and needed something else to focus on.  This is nowhere near impossible, daunting yes but impossible?...not even close.  When you gear you crew up enough to get to the point of killing Tserrina, which is a shitload easier now that rampage is gone, and Sven who isn't any harder, you'll be able to farm the essences you need to complete your UW tiers.  Either that or trade a shitload of essences, sls or whatever else people are looking for to get them without having to kill Sven yourself, but for fuck's sake it's far from impossible to do without a UW.

Sorry to necro my old post about this, but this right here sums up why I'd opt against it, has nothing to do with where I'm at UW wise but what the intent of the UW was in the first place.  Do you have anything useful to add Tankdan?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »

Combine 2 Frozen Shadow essences of same rank to get next rank?

No, you'll have to go to the proper floor/boss and acquire one.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 10:32:34 pm »

Will we be able to use the floor 7 essence for the lower combines?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:32 pm »

That's a good question, since it's like the master essence there shouldn't be a reason why not.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:06 am »

Essence 1-7 will probably be for UW Ranks 1-7, and then the final-final boss that drops non-rank essence will work for all UW Rank 8+

Of course I could duplicate all the recipes in the database tables and swap out a master essence for all the ranks, but I don't see any real point doing that extra work.

If your one of the few lucky players to acquire an essence from the final boss, then just trade it for a lower tier essence. I've already seen people trying to sell some in ooc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 02:22:41 pm »

Is tserrina dropping an essence now then?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)