Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:22:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapon  (Read 42853 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:03 pm »

Thinking about making an Ultimate Weapon quest that probably only 3-5 people on the server would ever earn. Something meant to be super rare and desired.

Would probably be something like 100 Essences per tier/rank in return for a weapon with super stats on it that would probably make 1 tank as powerful as 6 characters. Would be in Task Window so you could see/count the turn in.

Any ideas?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »

Ok bring it =D Sounds cool btw!

Might have to log in.. I need to soon anyway

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:43 pm »

Sorta sounds game breaking...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Brutality38

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »

Grin Anxiously awaiting!

Gunney/Fadareth/Faderaths/Kadri/Phera/Arese
   war        rng         brd        ply      clr    shm
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:06:18 pm »

So how many bosses would have to be killed to acquire the T6 Weapon?

At 100 essences per tier, that would be maybe 2000 bosses per tier?

Then T6 is actually 8 tiers, so 2,000 x 8 = 16,000 bosses?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »

As much as I hate to make a positive reference to a game that has become synonymous with crap, but WoW had the process to legendaries almost right.

I would say that each tier needs some EXTREMELY rare component (plus 50-100 essences or whatever) from every tier, BUT ALLOW IT TO BE TRADEABLE. Say from tier bosses, but something like 1/15,000 (0.000066666666667) or something equally absurd. The reason this needs to be tradable is to both stimulate some form of trade and so any extremely hardcore player isn't stuck playing ungodly sucky odds (if memory serves, it's a "ballpark-ish" to square the chance to get near statistical certainty, like 15,0002 = 225,000,000).

Take some extremely rare (BUT TRADEABLE!!!) components, add in some grind for other components, and then maybe some exceptional end boss. I would like to see the end boss possibly summon add clones (generic pet NPCs based off of T6 + UC of any class, assuming FS/IS/NS rank 5).

Mmmmm....kinky.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:28 pm »

We already have a really nice "Tank" item that uses essences .. Shield of Ages.

Adding a weapon like this seems very overpowering. I'd be happy with new procs and clickies  for 4.5-6.0s

If we need another tiered item in the game I'd suggest Earring.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:04 pm »

It needs to proc some Final Fantasy numbers.
+999% healing
+999% damage
Add Weapon Proc 9999 unclassified damage

<3

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 10:59:50 pm »

It needs to proc some Final Fantasy numbers.
+999% healing
+999% damage
Add Weapon Proc 9999 unclassified damage

<3

-Hate

gah makes me wanna break out the old FF games FFVII = teh win Tongue
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:25 pm »

Seems like an ok idea, does not knock my socks off though. Would rather see some clean up of issues / spells, the new tofs etc...

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 11:08:47 pm »

well if your gonna do 100+ essances i'd like to purpose that make the lower level essances a littel *not much or hand em to me* easier to find like qvic-T1 are simi easy..and get harder and hard to find T2-t4...then very hard to find T5-T6 *as it stands now i understnad T6 is fairly easy to find and T5 is still 100x easier to find then the others *yet i havent found that to be true but nate says lol* just an idea me and strix was shooting around to scale things a little bit and maybe scale the econamy
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »

Essence economy is already in the crapper.. almost impossible to buy some of them already! =p

Using something other than essences for this Weapon and I'd be happy... add a new item to the loot tables maybe? =p

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 12:16:47 am »

Seems like an ok idea, does not knock my socks off though. Would rather see some clean up of issues / spells, the new tofs etc...

I think I'm with Warbash on this one.  I am never going to own that item or even come close.  As it is - I doubt highly that I'm ever going to own the Scepter at Rank 10 without purchasing it. 

Really, if there is going to be a steady release of teirs for the next few years the Epic Weapon will probably just sit there as a time sink no one bothers with (especially seeing as how the essences are so hard to get to begin with and the use of them leveling Augs is just too valuable).  I'm still working on essences from T5 and it's almost 6 months since I geared through that teir (albeit I'm bringing some alts through there now to make the hunt for more essences efficent).  T6 is a little easier but at the current rate of play it'll be well past Christmas 2013 before I'm totally done with the zone.

Strix

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:34 am »

As much as I hate to make a positive reference to a game that has become synonymous with crap, but WoW had the process to legendaries almost right.

I would say that each tier needs some EXTREMELY rare component (plus 50-100 essences or whatever) from every tier, BUT ALLOW IT TO BE TRADEABLE. Say from tier bosses, but something like 1/15,000 (0.000066666666667) or something equally absurd. The reason this needs to be tradable is to both stimulate some form of trade and so any extremely hardcore player isn't stuck playing ungodly sucky odds (if memory serves, it's a "ballpark-ish" to square the chance to get near statistical certainty, like 15,0002 = 225,000,000).

Take some extremely rare (BUT TRADEABLE!!!) components, add in some grind for other components, and then maybe some exceptional end boss. I would like to see the end boss possibly summon add clones (generic pet NPCs based off of T6 + UC of any class, assuming FS/IS/NS rank 5).

Mmmmm....kinky.

-Hate

+1000

Hunter - EZ Server GM
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

This sounds like the end of the game entirely to me. It's kinda silly, and not really fun to spend a million hours (Doing the same crap we have been doing already over and over again) for one item no matter how powerful. Grinds I understand, but super-grinds are not fun at all. UC is about the limit of grind for the hardcore on the server. Believe me, having to do multiples of this quest is what seperates the hard core from the casual players.

We already have an item that is like you suggest, the scepter of time. Has anyone actually even maxed out a scepter yet that didn't buy or earn one as a reward here? If there are such people, You could do a sceptor of time V2 with something like twice the stats and base it in new zone where you simple change the drops and let it ride. You don't have to be creative here, it is a terrible, boring, crappy grind for the few who can stomach the nausea and pain associated with such a task, after all. Hell, even better.. Just make it level 11 now and make it two level 10  combines. The more repetitive the better for the hardcore of the hardcore, right? Sounds like fun!

Am I saying no more grinds? Absolutely not! Just saying its best to keep it in line with the progression of the UC. We come out with a UC3 next tier and have it similar to the way T6 works. These are a crap ton of work, and the reward is sustainable and not game-breaking.

Incremental power ups in tiers is the way to go for sustainability and continuation of the server. I like the way It progressed up to T6. T7 should be next step up from T6 and be something like 30-50% harder and in the end balance out to make you 30-50% more powerful. This allows us to power up to the level with the toons we have, rather than (say with a 60% harder zone, 30% power up) having to simply make even more toons to compensate for the powerup v zone difficulty.

One thing about T6 is it pretty much forces you to have a crew of 12 now to grind V2 efficiently. This is a problem, because now you have to get even more UC's (although pet classes help off-set this due to not having to UC them to add dps). I'm not complaining here, I actually like this setup, but I feel this is the limit. If we have to have 3 groups for T7, it's getting ridiculous.

This is a BOXING server, not a primarily guild raiding server don't fool yourself... and don't think that this doesn't make it fun because it is awsome this way. Guilds get together at the release of a new zone to break into it and explore (should be this way), but emus and this server specifically cannot and will not sustain a constant raiding environment where it would take 4-5 groups weeks to outfit one toon in the guild. 2 groups is the sweet spot for content here, with 3-5 groups being pretty much mandatory at the introduction of the new zone.

This is logical progression that will keep the maximum entertainment value. New areas to explore, new bosses to encounter. Honestly if you want more ideas, more content your developement community is right here feeding ideas and scripting code.

Old encounters re-done and re-vamped is the fastest way to push out more content, and scripting tweaks are the way to make old ideas new. I would love to see SSRA redone, I would love to see Dragon Necropolis or Temple of Veeshan redone. You could do an old zone then a newer, less used zone every other tire. We could get a new tier every year this way and skyrocket this server's fun value.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:12:32 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)