Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:39:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Suggested Changes (mostly lower tier content)  (Read 15468 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 04:27:25 am »

Things actually seem a lot better now, than they used to. Instances. Resists. People MGB'in all over the place, the EZ-Wiki (I had to bother Chunka every other minute back in the day), extensive guides etc. for the most part, people even seem friendly in OOC.

Lots of the crap that has been listed in this thread are 1st world problems. And I honestly don't think, that this server caters to absolute EverQuest virgins, unless they have some sort of masochistic need for timesinks and RNG frustration.

But hey I could be wrong, haven't played T1-4 in 5+ years - but back then, it really sucked too. Thankfully, there were a lot of peers in the same pool of piss as you, that you could team up with and uberleets, who'd show up to give a small leg up here and there. That may not be the case anymore.

But I kinda thought that was the point of it all. If it's not, then I have a ton of recommendations for T9 changes =D

LOL!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 07:04:37 am »

I'd love to see reworking of UC and UW.  Make prism charms (v1) drop in all custom zones and at much higher rate. That way you can raise them up naturally as you progress and not spend so much time farming Ldon/Hoh/etc. Then for v2 & v3 have a trade-in system for prism charms where 100-200 prisms = uc2 upgrade and 400-500 = uc3 upgrade (tweak the numbers, whatever works). Right now doing UC is far too painful unless it's double loot.. And yes I'm aware it was much harder in the past, I did 2 UC's under the old system (2010 or so) but back then UC (v1) was actually the "ultimate" and it was end-game, and it wasn't exactly required, not for every single dingle toon, buffer etc..

Same for UW, way way too much grind, especially lower tiers. T1-2 and T3-4 make essences drop off all mobs not just bosses. T5 and up are generally ok, just increase the drop rate a little. Same for the Tofs essences, either increase drop rate dramatically, or eliminate them as a requirement for UW (best idea IMO).

Either that or tone down T10 a lot (mob HP and rampage - especially f'n rampage), and I don't think you want to do that. But if you're really going to require 18+ toons all with max UC & UW (or nearly all) just to progress at a decent rate in T10, then you need to make those items more realistic.  If this makes current UW-enabled players butthurt then enable them to turn in current UW's for a MegaUW or some crap that helps with their feelings... idk.

Right now I have 8 toons, all have UC1, two have UC2 and one has UC3, and 0 UW's, and T10 is just too slow. I can barely kill 1 mob per minute, and when the starting quest is 750 kills before you even get a single upgrade.. that just bites. And the only way to increase DPS would be to add more toons (and grind their UC's) or get UWs for a few toons, which is even worse. I don't even want to login any more. Some day when I'm super bored I'll probably give in and create 3-4 more toons and start grinding Qvic.. but not today :/

Right now T10 is easy compared to before. Everyone that got their T10 armor before the Akka fix grinded by killing 1-3 mobs at a time until they got their armor. We all had to deal with the crazy rampages, high hp's, and single juggers that can easily wipe out 18 people without a problem. Many including myself had to back track and get at least 2 max'd UW's, all UC2 on all toons, mana necks, strike augs, plus add on a couple more toons.
Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 08:09:51 am »

Can we please attempt to try to keep this on track and not have it take a sharp turn towards a T10 debate?  It goes completely against what I was originally stating here.

For the record:  I do not want the lower tiers to be easier.  If anything, I very much support them being harder.  I want newer players limited on 100-200k hp buffs (meaning they have no reason for them.  An improved buff bot as someone mentioned above would be great:  Maybe you hand the buff bot 50k plat and she gives you buffs equivalent to 20-30k HP?  That would be great help for LDON/QVIC but not game breaking. 

I want T1/T2 to be harder.  I want CT to feel meaningful.  I want CT to be placed behind T1/T2 and make the UW4 reward from CT be the meaningful jump in power.  As it stands, the only meaningful jump in UW power right now is UW3.  It's monumental.  Make CT meaningful, and gate UW4 behind it to make it feel rewarding. 

You know what else I hate?  That UW5/UW6, which are pretty huge grinds as well, don't feel rewarding.  Their jump in power is so miniscule that your only excitement for finishing each grind is that you just don't have to do it anymore.  The reward itself is very disappointing.  The UW7 and UW8 jumps are solid and very good, respectively, and those are some of the easiest essences to attain.  I think the stats need to be re-worked a bit here.   Why give a good DPS jump for abyss essences and a 50% increase for anguish essences but like <5% gain on gminors and a 20% gain for gmajors?  That was so disappointing.  I think UW5 damage should be where UW6 is, and UW6 damage should be around 100k.  UW7 110k, UW8 125k and the rest as they are.  It would feel a lot more rewarding for the efforts involved.

The changes I'm asking for have nothing to do with backfarming, have nothing to do with T10.  The only change to backfarming I'd request is somehow re-working dminors.  It's just such an awful farm.  Awful awful awful. 

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:10 am »

I'd love to see reworking of UC and UW.  Make prism charms (v1) drop in all custom zones and at much higher rate. That way you can raise them up naturally as you progress and not spend so much time farming Ldon/Hoh/etc. Then for v2 & v3 have a trade-in system for prism charms where 100-200 prisms = uc2 upgrade and 400-500 = uc3 upgrade (tweak the numbers, whatever works). Right now doing UC is far too painful unless it's double loot.. And yes I'm aware it was much harder in the past, I did 2 UC's under the old system (2010 or so) but back then UC (v1) was actually the "ultimate" and it was end-game, and it wasn't exactly required, not for every single dingle toon, buffer etc..

Same for UW, way way too much grind, especially lower tiers. T1-2 and T3-4 make essences drop off all mobs not just bosses. T5 and up are generally ok, just increase the drop rate a little. Same for the Tofs essences, either increase drop rate dramatically, or eliminate them as a requirement for UW (best idea IMO).

Either that or tone down T10 a lot (mob HP and rampage - especially f'n rampage), and I don't think you want to do that. But if you're really going to require 18+ toons all with max UC & UW (or nearly all) just to progress at a decent rate in T10, then you need to make those items more realistic.  If this makes current UW-enabled players butthurt then enable them to turn in current UW's for a MegaUW or some crap that helps with their feelings... idk.

Right now I have 8 toons, all have UC1, two have UC2 and one has UC3, and 0 UW's, and T10 is just too slow. I can barely kill 1 mob per minute, and when the starting quest is 750 kills before you even get a single upgrade.. that just bites. And the only way to increase DPS would be to add more toons (and grind their UC's) or get UWs for a few toons, which is even worse. I don't even want to login any more. Some day when I'm super bored I'll probably give in and create 3-4 more toons and start grinding Qvic.. but not today :/

Right now T10 is easy compared to before. Everyone that got their T10 armor before the Akka fix grinded by killing 1-3 mobs at a time until they got their armor. We all had to deal with the crazy rampages, high hp's, and single juggers that can easily wipe out 18 people without a problem. Many including myself had to back track and get at least 2 max'd UW's, all UC2 on all toons, mana necks, strike augs, plus add on a couple more toons.

Spot on. This has been the story for every single zone that has come out! Previous group was lacking in new content because of x.....so make new toons roll them through old content so that you can handle the new content.  Heck I remember when T6 came out and I had Orthanos as my main. I learned quickly that a paladin could NOT tank t6...he did T5 just fine...so I made Raygan. When T9 first came out, and mobs hit like crazy, I made Wilddruidness.  At that time ,before T9 got nerfed, you HAD to have a druid for Skin of the Drake.....All my toons were made out of the need to optimize my group(s) to handle content. So making toons and learning the spells they can use (and some spells that are VERY beneficial in T10 are not EZ custom spells) and gearing toons up to the content they are in.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 08:18:25 am »

For the record:  I do not want the lower tiers to be easier.  If anything, I very much support them being harder.  I want newer players limited on 100-200k hp buffs (meaning they have no reason for them.  An improved buff bot as someone mentioned above would be great:  Maybe you hand the buff bot 50k plat and she gives you buffs equivalent to 20-30k HP?  That would be great help for LDON/QVIC but not game breaking.  

I want T1/T2 to be harder.  I want CT to feel meaningful.  I want CT to be placed behind T1/T2 and make the UW4 reward from CT be the meaningful jump in power.  As it stands, the only meaningful jump in UW power right now is UW3.  It's monumental.  Make CT meaningful, and gate UW4 behind it to make it feel rewarding.  

You know what else I hate?  That UW5/UW6, which are pretty huge grinds as well, don't feel rewarding.  Their jump in power is so miniscule that your only excitement for finishing each grind is that you just don't have to do it anymore.  The reward itself is very disappointing.  The UW7 and UW8 jumps are solid and very good, respectively, and those are some of the easiest essences to attain.  I think the stats need to be re-worked a bit here.   Why give a good DPS jump for abyss essences and a 50% increase for anguish essences but like <5% gain on gminors and a 20% gain for gmajors?  That was so disappointing.  I think UW5 damage should be where UW6 is, and UW6 damage should be around 100k.  UW7 110k, UW8 125k and the rest as they are.  It would feel a lot more rewarding for the efforts involved.

The changes I'm asking for have nothing to do with backfarming, have nothing to do with T10.  The only change to backfarming I'd request is somehow re-working dminors.  It's just such an awful farm.  Awful awful awful.  

The lower end content goes by quickly, unless you are farming for essences for UW as you go. You may find that going some tiers further in and then going back to the zone and "backfarm" is a better way to spend your time. (Assuming that's what is happening)

there are other means to acquire dminors, in the forms of expeditions, that take some of the pain away from farming the zones you love to hate.

Maybe Akka plans to fix the nerf bat that was swung at the dailies and make Dranik expedition and Abyss expedition (if this one will ever come back to the game) actually start dropping essences again....that would make a HUGE dent in the complaint factory that is the UW quest line.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 12:34:14 pm »

You know what else I hate?  That UW5/UW6, which are pretty huge grinds as well, don't feel rewarding.  Their jump in power is so miniscule that your only excitement for finishing each grind is that you just don't have to do it anymore.  The reward itself is very disappointing.  The UW7 and UW8 jumps are solid and very good, respectively, and those are some of the easiest essences to attain.  I think the stats need to be re-worked a bit here.   Why give a good DPS jump for abyss essences and a 50% increase for anguish essences but like <5% gain on gminors and a 20% gain for gmajors?  That was so disappointing.  I think UW5 damage should be where UW6 is, and UW6 damage should be around 100k.  UW7 110k, UW8 125k and the rest as they are.  It would feel a lot more rewarding for the efforts involved.

I have been thinking about this comment today. It maybe a valid argument.  So to keep content from getting boring from grinding so may essences and to keep the complaining to a minimum....why not make the UW quest not accessible until the toon hits Loping Plains? Allows people to continue through content and then once they hit LP (the tier UW was introduced to game) it becomes an optional quest that they can then do and use saved/banked essences and/or back farming to get.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 03:00:23 pm »

I have been thinking about this comment today. It maybe a valid argument.  So to keep content from getting boring from grinding so may essences and to keep the complaining to a minimum....why not make the UW quest not accessible until the toon hits Loping Plains? Allows people to continue through content and then once they hit LP (the tier UW was introduced to game) it becomes an optional quest that they can then do and use saved/banked essences and/or back farming to get.

I agree with this thought process. At the moment, I feel like that kind of already exists. Half of the problem to hating these zones seems like it stems from staying too long in a tier to get the UW essences, when its just not worth doing. I didnt start working on my UW until LP and was eager to get out of each tier to move onto the next. Perhaps this is why i look back fondly at a lot of the lower tiers. I dont know that we need to create a mechanic to force people along this line of play, but perhaps those people should identify they are causing their own pain.

shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 03:41:30 am »

[/quote]

I agree with this thought process. At the moment, I feel like that kind of already exists. Half of the problem to hating these zones seems like it stems from staying too long in a tier to get the UW essences, when its just not worth doing. I didnt start working on my UW until LP and was eager to get out of each tier to move onto the next. Perhaps this is why i look back fondly at a lot of the lower tiers. I dont know that we need to create a mechanic to force people along this line of play, but perhaps those people should identify they are causing their own pain.
[/quote]

That shouldnt be too hard.  Just increase the required level on all the lower versions.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 01:54:51 pm »

That shouldnt be too hard.  Just increase the required level on all the lower versions.

Agreed. I just dont think its necessary. Why force people to play on a linear path. If they want to torture themselves and level UW along with their progression, thats how they choose to play. They just need help realizing it isn't necessary to do in progressing. If they want to play that way, let them.

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 02:56:53 pm »

Off-topic :

I've no insight on the effort required to adapt a un-used zone, so please forgive my ignorance, but what are the chances, or what is required for us to get more zones to play and progress in?

Looking over the zone-list I found so many interesting zones which was launched long after I quit live-eq back in the day (around Dragons of Norrath) and I thought to myself that it would be a lovely thing to get to play in some of these zones, get the experience, if nothing else then just for something else to do and as an alternative to the current standard road of progression.

//Ekiir

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 04:06:27 pm »

Agreed. I just dont think its necessary. Why force people to play on a linear path. If they want to torture themselves and level UW along with their progression, thats how they choose to play. They just need help realizing it isn't necessary to do in progressing. If they want to play that way, let them.

Because then you get QQ posts like this.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 04:14:38 pm »

Off-topic :

I've no insight on the effort required to adapt a un-used zone, so please forgive my ignorance, but what are the chances, or what is required for us to get more zones to play and progress in?

Looking over the zone-list I found so many interesting zones which was launched long after I quit live-eq back in the day (around Dragons of Norrath) and I thought to myself that it would be a lovely thing to get to play in some of these zones, get the experience, if nothing else then just for something else to do and as an alternative to the current standard road of progression.

//Ekiir

On this note I wish all the unused old zones had T7-10 level difficulty, solid experience and dropped standard loot (crystals / plat bags / gsoa etc. / maybe random essences). Seems like a waste of zones to not do this. I know I would spend a good deal of my time in old zones that happen to be fun and difficult - keeps it interesting. Eg. innothule swamp mobs could be lvl 78 and hit like t10 Smiley Would be fun to explore the old world again and add excitement entering old zones not knowing how tough the mobs will be. I bet this is a lot of work though even if the zones are not adjusted apart from loot tables and mob difficulty.

Peign
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 04:53:41 pm »

Off-topic :

//Ekiir

On this note I wish all the unused old zones had T7-10 level difficulty, solid experience and dropped standard loot (crystals / plat bags / gsoa etc. / maybe random essences). Seems like a waste of zones to not do this. I know I would spend a good deal of my time in old zones that happen to be fun and difficult - keeps it interesting. Eg. innothule swamp mobs could be lvl 78 and hit like t10 Smiley Would be fun to explore the old world again and add excitement entering old zones not knowing how tough the mobs will be. I bet this is a lot of work though even if the zones are not adjusted apart from loot tables and mob difficulty.

I wish that I could chill all day in your raid while you farmed PBs for me.   That would be cool.   I could go to work, chill with friends and still progress.

Since we are wishing.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 05:59:06 pm »

Off-topic :

//Ekiir

I wish that I could chill all day in your raid while you farmed PBs for me.   That would be cool.   I could go to work, chill with friends and still progress.

Since we are wishing.

You can't just chill for kill count credits anymore can you?  You actually have to hit the mob to get credit now, don't you?

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 09:46:33 pm »

I bet you can't. Sure Maslow if you don't mind 5-10 PBs / hr.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 192