Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 05:06:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T4 Rotbot?  (Read 7629 times)
Ponzi

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:22:48 am »

Just a quick thought:

Put in an NPC in T4.

Give players the option to hand in 3 separate molds: one chain mold (any), one cloth mold (any) and one leather mold (any), and receive a Essence of Gods Minor in exchange.

Pro: It doesn't gear anyone "up" in armor or progress through T3-T4 faster, keeps the bottleneck in place.

Pro: 96 stones of bad RNG now becomes something fun and useful that gives the economy a little boost, or lets bored farmer #1568634 one less headache tossing an aug onto his eleventh box.

Pro: No more heartbreaking "/auc WTS Xegony Slippers Pattern" as the end result of a lot of time and effort, and yet it doesn't require upping the % of plate drops to match the actual server player base.

Con: Takes up Hunter's time, adds another thing to his to do list.

Con: Would lower the market value on Gods Minor over time.. Considering the many other plat sinks involved in crafted augments, this isn't that big of a deal.

Thoughts?

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:27:40 am »

Not worth Hunter's time...when he has other things to work on that compared to this are far more important.
Hell if someone offered up the code for this I would still say the time it would take hunter to install, and reboot the server is far better used doing something else.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:42:21 am »

I only brought it up because he's actively working on airplane at the moment anyways. /shrug.

Probably one of the more enjoyable aspects of the game are the clickies and toys...

The illusion clickies from ldon 6..

The Beer Goggles quest... The Circlet of Shadows... etc.

At least, while the content is admittedly dry in t3/t4.. something to hotswap for the ultimate clicky toy (firestrike 5) would at least be a lil' carrot to keep the masses content while doing the ol' fashioned grind.

Just gives the ubers a lil extra 'thank you' nudge while the mindlessly plow avatars to save up to pop airplane bosses.

Heck you could even put an Aug Bot in T3 to take two random augs and give you back a different random augs.. give a % chance to turn some dmg shield or 2h ones into hp ones for tanks, regen ones, mana ones for wizzies.. whatever.

I know the server is technically still beta, but the more little tweaks we can put in Hunter's idea box for the final product, the better, right?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:02:00 am by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:50 am »

I would not say the server is beta its just always adding content and a small staff that always cant get to issues right away.
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 09:02:51 am »

Oh i also forgot to add that hunter has said that he wont add rot bots type things on top tier content.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:59 am »

Oh i also forgot to add that hunter has said that he wont add rot bots type things on top tier content.

Of course. Perhaps Rot Bot wasn't the right 'term'. More like an option bot. 3 complete whiffs (one of each class) for one component toward something you'd find "nifty',

The T1 rot bot is a straight across: you miss twice completely, you get what you were looking for. What i was suggesting was "you missed perfectly 3 times, you get something entirely different'.

Look at the archetypes:

Chain:
Rogue - good dps, needs to be babysat.
Zerker -  umm.. yeah.
Shaman - click. camp.
Ranger - /autofire /stick 8. Fun.

Cloth:
Enchanter - Click. Vamp. Camp.
Mage - /follow. /coth. /summon banker. /pet attack.
Necromancer - The second most useful option for tiny coffins.
Wizard - utterly helpless till T3 after spell drop (i.e. long after you'd ever need performance from one of your boxes to help you progress). Loads of fun after.

Leather -
Druid - click. /cast 8. camp.
Beastlord - getting warmer.
Monk - solidly entertaining, and don't need babysitting.

Fairly accurate? probably a lot of this is due to the nicer stats on T2 plate/tank armor vs the rest, while imbalancing, is very needed to help the average joe progress.

Without a lot of outside help, you are going to need certain things in order to attempt any semblance of progression. Real heals. The ability to rain AE death on ldon mobs to chase both oracle charms for healers, and full charms for your tank. COH/Corpse Summon/Banker to generate the revenue to get armor and jewelry and augments. You're gonna need a warrior. A mage. A Paladin or cleric.. and something else (likely the paladin or cleric missing from the previous box). There's a little room for customization. But anymore than one throwaway box in your little army is going to just add headachs more than any flavor or dynamic.

It works. It's fun. We all have roots in live EQ and after years of grinding all night with 30 peers to get maybe 1 or 2 solid items for one or two of the 30, it's downright silly to grumble about not being able to make use of *every* potential loot situation. I've said it before and i'll say it again: goal of the server is to block us and slow us down whenever possible.. But it's two-fold- server also should throw as many carrots as possible to appease the shmuck spinning around aimlessly on the hamster wheel of grindage, too. This just seems like a decent spot where it coudl happen.

Heck if you want something simple to save ourselves from ourelves: hotswap the graphic of either the ring of dragons or the ring of gods to something different, so we save that split second it takes to doublecheck we have the right ring when we port. Is that necessary? Not in the least, but i know more than a couple of you are silently nodding their heads.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »

Meh, i went off way off on a tanget..

Point of that huge diatribe: You need a large % of plate classes in your general nucleas. Period. There really is no arguing this.. If your box army is a good 60% plate (and that's really, really conservative) then we might wanna look at doing something with all the less desired armor besides making us re-roll another class for no reason other than to hoover rots.

Proof this is an interesting idea: it ain't rot. You'd consider the trade strongly vs giving your shaman boots, your encbot a wrist, and your druid a hat. AND thats factoring in how much more of a boost T3 armor is in stats from T2 for non-tank classes. T3 is there spot to get huge boosts, and it still doesn't... really matter.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Demin
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 07:49:23 am »

I'm actually considering making a stupid cloth class just to handle the Xegony, etc rots that I seem to get 8 out of 10 times.

Adding up all my boxes that I have:

5 plate, 2 leather.  And one of the leather is a druid for ROA.  So....yeah. 

But, honestly, I don't know if I really want something like this in T3+.  I mean, it IS frustrating to do 10 cyans and 10 blues and have it be 8 xegony and and another 7 cloth specific, but.....it is what it is. It's part of the game. 

I just use the opportunity while farming stones to get 3.5s for every class, no matter how stupid that may be.
Dood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 02:18:46 pm »

I thought Dood was your Xegony rot bot? :p

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 07:36:10 am »

Completely unrelated but I thought about coding an offline bazaar for a few servers to use that have an economy.

This could be used to sell your ph4t l3wtz when it's done.
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 08:25:59 am »

offline bazaar's ruin economy's =(

Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 09:48:42 am »

offline bazaar's ruin economy's =(

And online bazaars ruin the bandwidth.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: