Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:54:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Make Guilds  (Read 15278 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 01:56:56 pm »

I think killing a list of mobs is a good idea. I have seen a lot of people on this server. I have seen a lot of name violations and griefers. Most of the time, those people don't make it as far as fighters or casters guild and t1 gear. You might even add that as part of the requirements to create a guild. Honestly though, most of the people who do make it that far regret any naming violation. Sure, there will be some fools, but once they learn that the punishment is not a name change but a guild deletion and loss of time, plat and effort they wont do it again. Sure there will be some abuses, but I don't think the effort put to get rid of those abuses will be the same amount off effort to create guilds solely by Hunter.

I don't see any reason to limit per IP. Make sure you have to do the same effort per quest, make all the items lore so no one can spam it out. Most importantly, limit when it can be done. If there is a way, make it so you can turn the quest in at any time but the guild would only be created at a certain time of day.

What about making it something that is done at server restart. Even if it means that the server be locked out an extra 10 minutes, it would be worth it to prevent any other issues. If there is a way to do it, I think this would be a really good idea.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »

Easiest way to limit the time(s) that guilds can be created is to have a spawn timer on the NPC that performs the guild creation.  Limit the time of day that the NPC spawns to 8am-Noon Eastern, and from 2am-7am at server reset (or some other low population times)

If the NPC isn't there, the quest can't be completed.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Appren

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 03:54:03 pm »

I'm thinking 100 items and 11 combines wouldn't be too bad, since it should be a team effort... Everyone who wants to be in that guild would be out hunting for those items.

100 items? we're talking about a guild here, not a freaking epic 6.0 or something.

Appwar - 4.0 WAR
Appren - 3.0 SK
Gnoheal - 4.0 CLR
Apptwo - 4.0 MAG
Appthree 3.0 PAL
Corvac 4.0 PAL
and more...
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »

But u people do not think of The new people that want a guild to do Instances or starting with friends. I think people should have guild if they want, because not like there is guilds out there.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 06:09:25 pm »

But u people do not think of The new people that want a guild to do Instances or starting with friends. I think people should have guild if they want, because not like there is guilds out there.

Agree with this,

Lets not make it over the top period...

Make it so during the week you can do what the quest is to make a guild, or just email Hunter and wait for sunday so he can create it.. shrug

But on the other hand, right now guild making isn't broke..Hunter gets to it...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Litharan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »

Alot of good ideas here!  I like the idea of the guild quest mob spawning during certain times to avoid peak hours.  Also the ideas of farming certain items not to mention an added cost are good additions.  I would also toss out the idea of the quest mob giving a server wide shout say a minute before it creates the guild to give people a heads up to avoid complications with items being lost.  The quest items could be very simple, first off make them lore/no drop.  Have them drop off say Tunat and Chaos and a third purchasable item worth 50-100 k off the vendor in PoD.  This wouldn't make it so difficult that people wouldn't want to do it but at the same time forces players to play through content up to the T1/3.0 stage of progression.  It also would be worthwhile to have the quest mob give a warning that should an inapropriate guild name be chosen all members of that guild could be banned.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »

I'm thinking 100 items and 11 combines wouldn't be too bad, since it should be a team effort... Everyone who wants to be in that guild would be out hunting for those items.

Keep it simple

Im not ready to do my 6.0s

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »

Agree with this,

Lets not make it over the top period...

Make it so during the week you can do what the quest is to make a guild, or just email Hunter and wait for Sunday so he can create it.. shrug

But on the other hand, right now guild making isn't broke..Hunter gets to it...

Put the quest with a plat requirement but also leave the option to get it done by Hunter, just at his leisure. That way if you don't want to wait you don't have to. But the people who don't have the plat or ability camp all the items can still get it done for free, just not as quickly.

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:44 am »

I'm not convinced a fee is needed as a management device.  The only players affected would be the very newest.

A quest along the lines of CG/Fg would be most excellent.  I think it should also be a soloable (for the most part anyway) quest.  Currently a player can have a guild made by a single char's action (e-mail to Hunter) and I see no gain in changing that.

I don't like the idea that the guild npc is only available at certain times because it sorely impacts players who cannot get in game during those hours.  However, the guild creation process needs to occur during slack hours. 

Hunter, is it possible to have the quest queue something into a slack hours batch update?  In addition to managing the update impact it also would allow a window for management oversight.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:57 pm »

It should be pretty easy to set it up so guilds are automatically created on server reboot.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:25 pm »

...created on server reboot.

Please don't add any more time to the server reboot - my wife will just find more jobs for me to do around the house that I've been successfully avoiding for years Smiley

-1 from all of Oceaniana on adding time to the server reboot

Strix

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 09:05:01 pm »

I don't think it would really add very much time if at all. It could be done along side magelo update and the actual world server and zone boot.

Rastlin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 09:39:16 am »

So making a guild we have to Ask a GM to do it? And if thats the case how do I request a guildname

If it involves dorritios mountain dew and bloodshed COUNT ME IN!!!

Miykael (Paladin)
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 11:23:02 am »

Send an email to Hunter (his address is probably on the site somewhere, but it's also in the MOTD in game) requesting that he make a guild, include the guild name and the name of the toon that you want to be the guild leader.  He usually takes care of guild creation on the weekends.
Rastlin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 02:56:18 pm »

Thank you so much Smiley

If it involves dorritios mountain dew and bloodshed COUNT ME IN!!!

Miykael (Paladin)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678