Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:10:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 08-28-12  (Read 20629 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20:23 pm »

Race changer though caused a huge amount of lag.

Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 04:13:33 pm »

Also, saw this in the Changelog:

Kayen: Alternate Advancement Update: In the process of coverting most of the hard coded AA data out of the source and into the 'aa_effects' table
using live data. These effects are then reimplemented using the bonus system in the broadest possible way, most of these effects will
also be useable as regular spell/item effects. This will allow developers in the future to adjust,implement and customize AA effects
without requiring source changes. Beware in doing this, many AA effects that were previously either implemented incorrectly or with values
not consistent with live data will be adjusted to be as accurate as possible.

I know Hunter has said before that he has no interest in messing with AAs, but it does open up some interesting possibilities.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2012, 12:50:54 am »

I much prefer a race change over a permanent Illusion. Reason being, race change bestows bonuses (iksar AC bonus and regen bonus ** regen not important**, Ogre frontal 100% stun immunity, etc...). Illusions do not aside for the minor bonuses a few of the spells produce.

-Vessel

I saw mention of player race changes as well as non-player race changes being options.  Your suggestion for a perma race change is probably a good one for the racial bonuses as mentioned when changing to another player race.  Keep in mind that any gear that is not all/all may not function for certain class/race combos.  Also, if a player is perma race changed into a NPC race, I am pretty sure that will cause major issues, so it would probably be best for those type of race changes to be an illusion.  If you were perma changed to a NPC race, I don't think you could equip any normal player items (because all/all only encompasses player races), but I haven't really tested it personally.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)