Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 05:04:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pet Scaling In Progress 06-05-14  (Read 13301 times)
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 11:05:42 pm »

it is. get uc's
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 01:12:54 pm »

Can we at least get sorc charm to scale with pet damage?  I'd like my mage to be at least as useful as my other dps with lvl 50 sorc charms...

Gotta agree with Groucho on this one. DPS melee requires UC and substantial investment in plat and other resources to be viable. If you want your mage to be viable DPS it shouldnt be any different.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »

If caster's are going to be close to NS class (if appropriate neck+UC) then the cost for a neck needs to
S
K
Y
R
O
C
K
E
T
!

The neck is nowhere near the cost of a NS (level for level)

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »

I agree. The big issue before was that pet dps with mana neck 9 was greater than a UC2 melee with 2 x NS9, and at roughly 1/4 the cost (if you assigned SLS and essences a monetary value). Pet dps has dropped substantially, but I still think mana neck costs should go up. Perhaps make a secondary neck that adds the proc, made by combining a mana neck and an IS aug of the same level to go up one. Example: mana neck 1 plus IS1 = Masters Necklace 1. Mana neck 2 plus IS2 = Masters Necklace 2, etc.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 02:25:36 pm »

You are overcomplicating this. By the time you actually gear a raid out, using a pet for dps is very inefficient, everything dies too fast. As is, pets are fine, they are very helpful early, and once you start gearing uc2's on melee, the usefulness of the pet fades.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »

I agree. The big issue before was that pet dps with mana neck 9 was greater than a UC2 melee with 2 x NS9, and at roughly 1/4 the cost (if you assigned SLS and essences a monetary value). Pet dps has dropped substantially, but I still think mana neck costs should go up. Perhaps make a secondary neck that adds the proc, made by combining a mana neck and an IS aug of the same level to go up one. Example: mana neck 1 plus IS1 = Masters Necklace 1. Mana neck 2 plus IS2 = Masters Necklace 2, etc.

The cost is still lower, the spells still need to be farmed/crafted, and the pets still rely on procs to get the damage going. There will not be a simple fix to balance this out as casters aren't simply STUPID expensive item to make them. Casters have to deal with spells, mana (enough to cast and high enough passive/group regen to sustain), and all the fun LOS crap that doesn't seem to affect melee through stick.

Also, not to single out, but you're aware that adding an Icestrike each rank is horrifyingly expensive, right? Rank 1 requires Icestrike, Rank 2 requires Icestrike->Icestrike II, Rank 3 requires Icestrike->Icestrike II->Icestrike III, etc etc

You are overcomplicating this. By the time you actually gear a raid out, using a pet for dps is very inefficient, everything dies too fast. As is, pets are fine, they are very helpful early, and once you start gearing uc2's on melee, the usefulness of the pet fades.

Hopefully with this change, that will be less so. I'm still looking in to getting the Mana Necklace instant and (hopefully) DoT cast friendly.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warrioror

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 05:01:26 pm »

it is. get uc's
if that was for me, no, its not, the pet dmg does not scale with the other charms, only uc.  All my dps that has rank 50 sorc is much more dps than a mage rank 50 sorc.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »

Yes. Intended this way. Again, get a UC, issue is solved. It really doesnt take that long to UC a team anymore, with the changes lately.

Warrioror

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 06:13:05 pm »

so its intended for melee dps to scale with sorc charm upgrades but not mages?  I've uc'd 1 char and ALMOST my 2nd  I avg about 1-2 upgrades every 3rd clear of tofs 2-5 (each floor). 
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 09:17:20 am »

Yes. Its intended to scale ONLY for UC. Seems fair, given that the cost to mana neck a mage is so much cheaper than making the augs (about half the price all in all).

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 12:30:06 pm »

it is. get uc's
if that was for me, no, its not, the pet dmg does not scale with the other charms, only uc.  All my dps that has rank 50 sorc is much more dps than a mage rank 50 sorc.

I'd put money because those DPS have augments that you farmed up essences and spent tons of plat to create. Yet you expect the mage to simply match it because he has a matching charm and exists?

Yes. Its intended to scale ONLY for UC. Seems fair, given that the cost to mana neck a mage is so much cheaper than making the augs (about half the price all in all).

It scales only with the UC because the scaling penalty is fair harsh. If I scaled it against Sorc50, the bonus would actually be negative, which would make your pet heal you.

-Hate

Krupa

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2014, 10:26:57 pm »

any news about bag quest?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 11:02:53 am »

any news about bag quest?

Sorry, huge project at work involving over half of every team has kept me tied down harder than Fugitive ties down his nightly "dates". I am actually going to add numerous items to the DB tonight around 1am-2am EST (so expect potentially naked zone-ins from that time until reboot).

-Hate

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016