Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 09:21:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Source Update Today  (Read 26072 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 09:12:29 pm »

Enchanters require the AA "Animation Empathy" to control any non-charmed pet. It must be maxed to have full control of your pet. I can control my pet just fine on Entrancerr so i'm assuming this is the problem.

Also i can confirm this pet's hailing script is bugged (unless it was intentional) My enchanter is only CG flagged atm. Hailing the pet yesterday caused her to be marked as FG flagged and only the "buff" option came up. Today it says she has no guild flags and there's no buff or firesword options. Other pets (casted or CG) still work fine however on her and Dany both.

Enchanter wasn't intended to have a script. If it has a script, enjoy it while it lasts Tongue
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:28 pm »

I don't know the stats on all of them but the T2 can tank T2 like it's nothing (with a cleric of course. Get Pet Affinity so you can buff him and he can get group heals) He only hits for 1 damage (no that's not a typo...1 damage. He's meant to tank not dps) and procs Anger 3. According to Secrets the T3/T4 version (which is 1 spell) has 210k hp.

When you say this, does this include bosses or just the trash. Regardless of the answer is great news. Makes caster a bit more versatile, and not having to solely depend on making a war/ pal/ SK for everything

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 04:55:05 am »

I don't know the stats on all of them but the T2 can tank T2 like it's nothing (with a cleric of course. Get Pet Affinity so you can buff him and he can get group heals) He only hits for 1 damage (no that's not a typo...1 damage. He's meant to tank not dps) and procs Anger 3. According to Secrets the T3/T4 version (which is 1 spell) has 210k hp.

When you say this, does this include bosses or just the trash. Regardless of the answer is great news. Makes caster a bit more versatile, and not having to solely depend on making a war/ pal/ SK for everything

Bosses, can also do T3 trash.

Of course..like i said...with a cleric. lol

Blood of the Akkadian
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:01 am »

Quick question on the enchanter tanking pet. If it only hits for 1 dmg and doesn’t pull any weight dps wise, that puts a lot of reliance on outside-dps. Which is fine. But doesn’t the pet dynamic work so if you have anyone smacking the mob, the mob attacks the PC and not the pet no matter where they are positioned on the hate list?

I like the chanter change, and I was thinking about making one as an easier way to get a solid tank for my bot team, but if to function well I need caster DPS, im going to pass and they’re going to be a lot less desireable. If this is unintended, could maybe make the chanter tank pet act like a PC like bots in The Hidden Forest.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 03:07:17 pm »

If this is unintended, could maybe make the chanter tank pet act like a PC like bots in The Hidden Forest.

THF's code is a mess. No offense to Striat, he's a talented coder, but it's a mess. Most of the time spent fixing bots could be dedicated to making content. Part of the reason I left THF is fixing bot code all the time, some with complex issues that I couldn't fathom. Absolutely not are we ever going to see bot logic here >.<
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 07:00:53 am »

Back to the original speculation.. do chanter pets rely on spell-base DPS to be a useful tanking tool?
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 08:08:19 am »

I think that is how it is intended, but not functioning correctly at this point due to lack of hp's on the pets....or perhaps not enough defense put on them because they are dropping like flies.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 08:40:36 am »

I think that is how it is intended, but not functioning correctly at this point due to lack of hp's on the pets....or perhaps not enough defense put on them because they are dropping like flies.

Are the enchanter pets not durable enough even with the HP boosts I gave them today?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65036
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)