Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:19:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: AFK Botting - Tired of it.  (Read 13460 times)
EZPolice

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »

I'm not pleased with the amount of people I've seen afk botting LDoN lately. I am now actively hunting for you and FRAPSing you. I can't swing the banhammer personally, but I'll do my best to make sure you're exposed. I believe I speak for quite a few people on the server when I say we're tired of you perma-camping mobs. Expect video links to be uploaded soon because I'm coming for you...
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:15:27 pm »

+1 I agree. This ruins other servers cause normal playing people can't progress.

If you make alts and want them to be like your mains you should play them up just like your main. What good is it to automate the process, that is not fun.
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:34 am »

What does this mean? Are you talking about people using scripts to play toons or...?

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 10:19:35 am »

I dont know what they are really talking about either. I especially dont know how perma-camping a spawn in LDON is going to prevent normal players from progressing. I suppose if they were deleting the pages then maybe...but then again there are 3 instances of every LDON level and I have never seen all three sets of bosses camped at a single time. 1k instances may have some charm farmers in there which usually means rotting pages. 2k instances almost never have anyone in them because 90% of the population dont know how to get in them because they are "broken."

Explain the problem you are seeing and perhaps the community can band together to solve it.

Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 11:31:59 am »

Good luck with that.
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 11:48:43 am »

Oh noz... its the EZpolice with the Fraps-tazer
Demin
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 12:31:38 pm »

Don't taze me, bro!

But seriously.  Why afk bot on a free server?  Isn't the whole point to get enjoyment WHILE PLAYING??
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »

Don't taze me, bro!

But seriously.  Why afk bot on a free server?  Isn't the whole point to get enjoyment WHILE PLAYING??

I still dont know what "afk botting" really entails. If its being afk while camping a boss for hours at a time - I would imagine people would do this because they have other things to do and camping a 15 minute spawn while working on other things at your computer would be better grinding then none at all and takes minimal effort.

If AFK botting involves scripts and whatnot then i would imagine its because people cant handle the grind.

By the way I have received a few PM's about how to get into the 2k instances. Its not something that I think should be hidden away as everyone should have access to the puclic instances. Sorry for those who knew and enjoyed the alone time.

Its as easy as one two three...

1.) Put money into your waypoint
2.) Zone into your desired level
3.) Hail the NPC and follow the say links to the point of paying with your waypoint.

Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »

It must have something to do with scripts. If he/she is complaining about people going afk while waiting for a spawn then I would have an issue with that. What are we suppose to do, stare at the wall?

I'm not sure how this would pertain to LDON, I don't think anything in LDON is really worthy of camping for a while... CF/FG items I could see...

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 02:18:38 pm »

AFK macroing?

FoH has some if you need them
you can tell because when there macros break they are ported to bind and then they start attacking stuff like the buff bot.. kind of like what i saw over the weekend in the fighters guild
i don't think FoH would be in LDoNs though

i'm just jealous because i don't have uber AFK macros

maybe he is complaining about the chinese LDoN point farmers haha
Trinity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »

Think what OP is saying is they are bots and they camp 1 spawn for charms. The program scripted loots what they put in it to loot so they can stay there forever. This is an issue cause when normal players come through to get epic pages they can't cause the bot steal kills them and then the corpses loot timers extended so you have wait to loot your page rather then kill loot and move on.

Aname
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 04:36:36 am »

Thanks Mayo  Smiley
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:42 am »

Kaizen if you have proof then post it other wise shutup.

There are many reasons why someone was doing it and to say it was an macro is bullshit.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 07:40:50 am »

One aspect of LIVE servers has finally made it to EQemu: jealous hatred of uber guilds.

There always seems to be a handful of players who want everything given to them free and resent those who have put in the effort to earn higher rank.

On Torvonillious, back in the day, it was Blades of Wrath. People loved to hate them. It was almost comical.

Now we have someone who has never posted a single contribution on forums proclaiming himself our community police force (farce) waving his imaginary "ban hammer" around, yet has not an ounce of evidence.

I took this post for what it is: a troll. Whether by design or effect that's all it amounts to.

I suggest the 'rest of us' treat it as such.
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 08:22:40 am »

tibador you're funny..
getting your nerd rage on?

everyone knows you guys macro more than the cleric chain heal.. don't be so offended
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432