Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 10:32:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: EQEmu - Bigger issues than EZ.  (Read 29090 times)
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2010, 02:20:35 am »

yeah lored i see the servers up now, but 99 ea and rogeon w/e are down, thats not good Sad sucks

Xerion

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2010, 02:21:15 am »

Nope, i'm in St. Louis on Charter.
Lored

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2010, 02:23:40 am »

The issue was with a whole datacenter that went down including fail safes. Some of this is over my head, but I'm familiar with most of it.

Pretty much here's what I'm gathering from reading the posts by Rogean and other customers of this hosting company.

Netriplex/Uberbandwidth's datacenter lost all routing capabilities somewhere outside their facility. The primary line was brought down for maintenance and during this time the backup line failed. They're suspecting a problem outside the building and engineers are enroute to fix it. I'm not going to go into some of the more technical aspects, but as complicated as it is it should be fixed very soon because this company is losing A LOT, and I mean probably thousands, of dollars right now due to refunds to their customers. Uptime guarantees have clauses in them for refunds usually if the guarantee is not met and from what I was reading on their agreement is that 5 hours of downtime earns you a refund for 1 whole month of service.

EDIT/UPDATE: Ok everything seems to be starting to come back up, but there's definitely still some routing issues going on. I'm keeping tabs on the convo with the host, but I don't know how this is going to affect EZ directly. I can tell you that you should expect high latency while logging in for a little while until this gets resolved, but once you're logged into EZ (Whenever it comes back online) you should be fine.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 02:28:47 am by Lored » Logged
Zr0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2010, 02:29:19 am »

Looks like EQemu is back up as of just a little while ago for me as well. some servers still show as down, however. Hopefully this will be resolved here shortly.

>_>
JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 02:30:42 am »

well i jsut tried to log into peq, and it said error occured while trying to log in, and i weent back to emu to refresh lsit and all servers say pending that were avail before Sad

I am off to bed an hoping its plyable tomorrow after work.

Get some rest thinktank ^.^

Lored

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2010, 02:32:03 am »

Originally Posted by Rogean  View Post
I'm curious what was causing those subnets to be unreachable. After the 67.23.'s came back up, my ping on both subnets got bumped up about 20 ms. I've had to contact netriplex a few times for static routes to fix the latency. Is it related?

It depends which back haul path your traffic normally rides. Things are mostly back to normal, but there is some additional latency right now for traffic going through Atlanta. This will go back to normal when the underlying carrier fixes their issue.
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2010, 02:44:11 am »

people with charter are able to connect for some reason those of you without were screwed.
Pajama Party

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2010, 02:55:50 am »

I am on Verizon fios and can connect just fine.  P99 is back up, but EZ appears to be down still.
JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2010, 03:13:19 am »

Hey someone that is in contact with Rogean, tell him that i can ping his ip address given on netriplex website just fine from Sacramento,ca ... im on a comcast line, it reads to me:

ping statistics for 67.23.190.65:
    packets: sent = 4. Received = 4. Lost = 0 <0% loss>.
Approximate round trip time in ms:
    Minimum = 102ms Maximum = 104 Average = 103

Dont know if that would help him but he was asking for confirmation in his forum but im not registered there, so i cant reply directly
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:14:57 am by JDFriend » Logged

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2010, 03:17:10 am »

because emu is backup.
JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2010, 03:24:40 am »

so what i read learned earlier is ez and 1999 are on same line as emu, or originate off it w/e.... then why would ez be down when 1999 is loading full again.. and from reading netriplex forums everyone with a 67.xxx w/e it was ip is down... now its more technical then i can think about at 1am... I dont want to wake up and see it offline

Lored

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2010, 03:26:23 am »

Don't know if everythings back up and running just fine right now, but I can tell you a lot of people in the south eastern US were out of internet for an hour. Going to do quite a bit of searching tomorrow for information on what exactly happened, but something happened on a national level. Spoke with an old coworker of mine who's an engineer for an ISP and he didn't have much time to talk, but he said things weren't good and couldn't give me much information. At the time they were suspecting an attack on a mass scale.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2010, 03:30:52 am »

Everything seems to be back up as far as I am concerned.  There are a lot of servers up, but not EZ and PEQ.
Jonaab

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2010, 04:16:23 am »

Do we have an ETA on uptime for EZ?
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 04:30:13 am »

havent seen one =/ server prob failed to restart itself afte rit crashed might come back up after 6 when the normal restart is

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members