Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 12:33:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: What Class?  (Read 12814 times)
Kushie
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:02:38 am »

What class is best for soloing? What class is most desirable in guilds? What classes are most wanted in groups?

I'm about to roll my first toon here.

I was thinking either Necromancer or Cleric.

I want to start with 1, but will likely box in the future if I like the server.
Melgibson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:51:40 am »

This server's all about warriors, paladins and clerics. There's no actual raiding or anything like you know from standard EQ. By that I mean there is no CC, or slowing mobs, or any strategy of any kind. A huge chunk of the server population plays a warrior (or pally) with a cleric or pally on autofollow to heal them. Maybe you'll see a druid in the mix on autofollow too. Shaman are nothing more than buff bots as you'll learn (epic 3.0 buff). Guilds rarely NEED anything because like I said there is no raiding. Cloth classes are extremely irrelevant here with the exception of mage for CotH.  BST's are pretty popular, because their end-game pets are stupid OP.

That being said there seems to be more and more people rolling the "useless" classes which are pretty much everything except the aforementioned. I myself play a zerker which is alot of fun. I think playing a dps class or a non plate class in general is refreshing here.

As to what you mentioned - There are some Necros here and there and they seem to have fun. You'll certainly gear up fast since there's no cloth competition around. 99.999% of the clerics you see are boxes of a tank class. You'll always have a group that's for sure. Either way you'll be dependent on warrior and pally friends to get anything accomplished once you hit 70. Make sure you join a guild that does Qvic + for their members otherwise you'll be doing ALOT of LFG or saying "WTB Qvic legs pst" and spend most of your time farming gold.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:05:50 am »

EZ is a great place to revisit the past. Progression is still slightly challenging, but much faster than live.

If you're just playing a single class to revisit some old school stuff, most any class will do. If you want to get groups, I'd say go with a BST War or Pal. They have different strengths at different levels. Up to epic 3.0 a BST will spank the Pal/War, but after that the tank classes pull ahead because of survivability.

Most people end up playing multiple toons at once, which is an interesting challenge. I started with a monk. Loved it. Now I have 14 accounts and I can level a new toon to 70 in under an hour if I want to make a new one.

btw... loved you in Lethal Weapon.

Big fan.
curator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:45:56 am »

Id recommend making a Pally as your first char.  I'm glad my RL friend rolled a Pally.  He kept us alive (and still does) from the beginning.  If you solo only, you may kill a little slower, but you will survive easily where other classes dont.  And if you decide to group/guild or make more chars, your pally heals are group heals and will help you get your other chars caught up.
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 03:31:03 pm »

You'll want to stay away from rolling a cleric main.

Their complete lack of DPS will have you tearing out your hair.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »

Id recommend making a Pally as your first char.  I'm glad my RL friend rolled a Pally.  He kept us alive (and still does) from the beginning.  If you solo only, you may kill a little slower, but you will survive easily where other classes dont.  And if you decide to group/guild or make more chars, your pally heals are group heals and will help you get your other chars caught up.

I'd agree, gong with pally is a very strong option. The challenge will be getting your epic 1.5, that's when the heal procs start. Before that you're just a weak tank with LoH and a few stuns (which are useless in custom content, everything is stun immune).

My pally can survive a long time solo against some of the nastiest mobs in his current tier.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:15:56 pm »

Pally 1.0 has a heal proc as well.  With focus of healing it procs for 1k I think.  Made leveling a breeze with no downtime.

If only I had figured out what Focus of Healing was for before I was into the 60's.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:59:54 am »

Can someone post the MAX DPS for each class based on gear for T1-T4? I know some of you have dps tools. Explain what gear, such as max charm etc.

I'll be working on balancing classes this weekend along with other stuff like guild quest(s).

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 06:50:21 am »

Hunter you have the best ability to perform something like this.

Private Zone, summon any gear you want, plus the ability to create a parsing NPC that can never die, etc. 

There would be no disparity in gear between the classes and you could test the exact same gear setup on every class.

Just download Gameparse (I think that's what it's called).

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 07:01:42 am »

GamParse : http://gambosoft.com/Pages/Downloads.htm

I'm kinda sad.  I got a brawler upgrade for my monk, and a level 1 brawler gives me lower dps than a level 1 guardian with all the same gear and buffs.  It doesn't make sense, but I get a lower percentage of crits with the brawler on.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 10:16:53 am »

Maybe I wont have to finish gearing up my 3rd and 4th warrior and can continue playing my monks after this weekend.

Im all kinds of excited.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 10:41:04 am »

Uh oh I got the feeling I am going to have to make some new toons.

Poop
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 11:30:36 am »

Did I miss something? What's happening with monks now??
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 11:37:41 am »

Did I miss something? What's happening with monks now??

I think people are just hoping for the best outcome from any balancing that is done.  I personally hope there aren't any painful nerfs and instead any under-performing classes are given a bit of help.
Simp

bling bling

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 11:47:56 am »

I'll be working on balancing classes this weekend along with other stuff like guild quest(s).

This makes me all kinda of happy , perhaps everyone will have "other" choices besides playing a warrior for dps now!

Zodiac - Monk - <i crit my pants>
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 8678