Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:54:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Dont suppose you can help anyone  (Read 12981 times)
caowen

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:36:25 pm »

Tonite I stopped off to check on MoW.  While there I saw the guild FFS they looked like they could use some help.  Offered several times with no response. Assumed I could help out.  The mobs spawned 2 times while they were killing MoW.  I hit on the addons and tried to help - no one complained. Asked several times if they wanted help.  No one said anything until all was over and one of them complained and accused me of trying to KS them. Some people are total backsides.  I thougth they might thank me as I help people all the time.  But no. They said they had it videod and were gonna report me and get me banned.  I am a Christian but this really got to me.  I guess they are just a gang of noobs.  I have played EQ since the late 90's and never have I met people such as these.  I hope their whole guild is like that.  It takes the funout of playing. Especially on a wonderful server such as EZ.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:34 pm »

Good to see SOMEONE is finally bringing some good christian values to this server.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:37:31 pm »

Tonite I stopped off to check on MoW.  While there I saw the guild FFS they looked like they could use some help.  Offered several times with no response. Assumed I could help out.  The mobs spawned 2 times while they were killing MoW.  I hit on the addons and tried to help - no one complained. Asked several times if they wanted help.  No one said anything until all was over and one of them complained and accused me of trying to KS them. Some people are total backsides.  I thougth they might thank me as I help people all the time.  But no. They said they had it videod and were gonna report me and get me banned.  I am a Christian but this really got to me.  I guess they are just a gang of noobs.  I have played EQ since the late 90's and never have I met people such as these.  I hope their whole guild is like that.  It takes the funout of playing. Especially on a wonderful server such as EZ.

Well Paul...

That was my group you encountered tonight. You were asked a dozen times to leave our raid alone. Nicely.  You ignored our pleas to stop attacking our mobs and let us progress naturally.

You don't seem like a malicious person so my guess is that you do not filter /say text from battle spam. If you are talking to someone in /Say you should be able to read replies in /Say. I accept your apology.

---

As for you claiming to be a Christian in the same paragraph where you call my friends and me noobs/backsides and whatever other dispersions you choose to cast... I invite you to rethink the example you are presenting to people.   

Selce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:41 am »

Good to see SOMEONE is finally bringing some good christian values to this server.

Haha
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 08:12:21 am »

This is cute man. Lol
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:06 am »

Would it be to much to ask that you don't bring your Christian values to EZ server?

Thanks.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:09:36 am »

Free server and public forum..

i think he can do whatever he wants within the rules of the server's owner

i'm sure no one would mind you bringing your satanic/atheist values to the server
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:16:57 am »

Would it be to much to ask that you don't bring your Christian values to EZ server?

Thanks.

What a dick comment.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 10:15:33 am »

Thanks.

What a dick comment.

How....?

Values and morals are one thing but Religious beliefs are entirely different. Not everyone is Christian and being or not being Christian does determine whether you are or aren't a bad person. I'm agnostic and grew up in a house full of Christians. One of which is so hardcore she practically can't go two minutes without mentioning Jesus and hates The Wizard of Oz because it condones false idols, black magic and separates us from God... So i know how annoying it can get if you don't share beliefs...

Inb4 OP started a thread that creates a massive religious debate.

Blood of the Akkadian
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 10:18:35 am »

Hi5 Agnostic!! 

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 10:33:05 am »

[/quote]

How....?

Values and morals are one thing but Religious beliefs are entirely different. Not everyone is Christian and being or not being Christian does determine whether you are or aren't a bad person. I'm agnostic and grew up in a house full of Christians. One of which is so hardcore she practically can't go two minutes without mentioning Jesus and hates The Wizard of Oz because it condones false idols, black magic and separates us from God... So i know how annoying it can get if you don't share beliefs...

Inb4 OP started a thread that creates a massive religious debate.
[/quote]

I'm an agnostic, so you can take a way the religion factor. The religion is not the reason I suggested "dick comment".

It was the brashness of the comment that got me. Doesn't anyone have any manners anymore? It's not like the op came here trying to convert anyone.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 10:56:35 am »

In that case yeah it was kind of brash.

Wasn't meant to offend you either btw OP Smiley

Blood of the Akkadian
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 12:43:38 pm »

Free server and public forum..

i think he can do whatever he wants within the rules of the server's owner

i'm sure no one would mind you bringing your satanic/atheist values to the server

I did not order, I simply asked.
I'm going to go ahead and assume your 'satanic/atheist' comment is a generalized statement and not a correlation between the 2.

If this persons comment is acceptable, why isn't mine?
I like the idea of a virtual community free of all the barriers, problems and agendas of everyday life and I will fight for it.

My original statement was somewhat brash. Religious rhetoric often makes me impulsive.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »

Quote from: Nova5555 link=topic=1051.msg14045#msg14045

If this persons comment is acceptable, why isn't mine?

My original statement was somewhat brash.

You answered your own question. You have a right to ask for whatever you want. The way in which you do it is often as important, if not more important, than what you are asking.

Edited to fix quote
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:03:53 pm by Mayo Deftinwolf » Logged

Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »

The second text I quoted I found insulting, thus my inquiry into its acceptability compared to mine.

While I felt my first comment was somewhat brash I did feel it was inline with other comments in the thread.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 111
  • Online Ever: 8678