Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:46:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Make Anger Augs all/all?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Anger Aug Vote  (Read 29856 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 11:00:29 am »

Casters will get some love too. Wizards already get a lot of nukes and clickies. I'm thinking about for Wizards to make a long recast time, but super high damage, like 500k dd to keep up with Warriors on boss fights, but for purpose of power leveling, would be useless due to recast time. I'd like to make Wizards better DPS than the standard autoshoot Rangers.

Just got off the phone with Basher about some new concepts, and we're going to make tradeable weapons better than your current Epics with Equal or better DPS to that of a Warrior, but it'll require Epic Books, Essences, Plat Dump, and maybe some other farming in order to create these weapons. It not something that every melee in the game would ever have, but I could see a guild funding a few of their melee's to have this in their raids. These tradeable weapons won't focus too much on stats, and probably not too much on HP either. They are basically DPS weapons that you can trade. These weapons would helpfully help a lot with the T3/T4 PoG mobs that have high HP. They need to be crafted in order of tier too. Will be very expensive, and time consuming. Planning to create them this weekend. Requiring the Epic Books to tier up these weapons will hopefully mean that people didn't do their Epics for nothing already. The plat and time invested will mean most people can't get these anyways. Its more of a guild thing, not a solo earned thing.

Need to look at how to make casters more useful. Such as enchanter and shaman buffs, could be maybe even MORE powerful, yet short durations like 1 or 5 minutes so they have to continue casting the buffs over and over, but due to the extreme haste, or HP buff, etc, would make it worth it having them around. Shamans, Druids, and Necros maybe get some bigger DoTs. Enchanters already have a super tank pet if anyone remembers, just has not much DPS, so its like an alternate version of mez/stun to distract adds, or heck even be main tank if played right. These pets should already be in game and balanced. Main pet classes might get some boost in HP for T1-T4 zones. All the random melee, like monk, rogue, ranger, warrior, paladin, sk will benefit from the new crafted 1hb weapons for DPS. I'm still not bringing back charm, and if I did, would be last thing I do on EZ Server, just too much other stuff to do first. Will attempt to give Epic 3.5's the same clickie as the 4.0's but with lower values (less heal, less damage) but better than 3.0s. Just be happy a 3.5 weapon is being given out, and the whole quest line for 3.5 doesn't yield nothing as a pure stepping stone to the 4.0's. So to sum it up, I'm trying to add stuff to classes this weekend, not nerf anything (if I can help it).

Just got home (cant ya see from my bigger post lol?). I got 1 more night of work, then should be online almost all Saturday/Sunday, possible reboots as always when updating stuff. If characters bug out from database edits, then let me know and I'll do sooner reboots, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:09:59 am »

Just got home (cant ya see from my bigger post lol?). I got 1 more night of work, then should be online almost all Saturday/Sunday, possible reboots as always when updating stuff. If characters bug out from database edits, then let me know and I'll do sooner reboots, etc.

I was thinking while reading.

"Hope he didn't have to type all of that on an iPhone"
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 11:43:26 am »

I dont think making the buff epics more powerful, but shorter duration is the answer people are looking for. Right now they are buffing and logging. That will only make people buff and stay online. It would be cool if you could give them more purpose than just a buff (not much more purpose as their role is support).

What are your thoughts for SHM/ENC being able to slow mobs? Nothing insane as the game content is not designed around the fact that everything should be slowed. Like a 10-15% slow that lasts 1minute. People who want to play Shamans/Enchanters so badly will now have a somewhat desired role.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 11:57:27 am »

A better idea would be a short term (maybe one only player only?) buff that might increase DPS....similar to panther line now. Or perhaps a group version similar to panther that, for a shammy, decreases mobs ac, str and attack speed on proc....or for a chanter one that does that and a direct damage group buff for a shammy? And perhaps modify it, if possible, so that the anger proc from a warrior's augs removes the buff from the warrior, leaving it on the rest of the group? This would keep the balance, a bit, I think.

Something that makes these classes DESIRED in groups, not simply as a buff bot.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:00:33 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 12:33:51 pm »

If you want to make classes useful then let them use the spells they already have.  I know it's a crazy idea, but think about it for a second. 

Imagine giving worthless classes, you know like enchanters, shamans, etc, a SLOW, CHARM, MEZ, STUN, etc.  Oh wait, they already have those  Roll Eyes

jmac

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:48 pm »

I like the new ideas hunter, but why new weapons... why not just high end augs?
Archaius

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »

What about augs that upgrade proportionately to what zone you're in? So say when you're in FG/CG, you can get a Damage 1 aug for free off the vendor. (People are complaining that there needs to be more rewards for FG/CG anyhow...)
Then starting in Qvic, bosses drop aug upgrade pieces.
Damage 1 + Qvic aug upgrade = Damage 2 aug.
Damage 2 + Tacvi aug upgrade = Damage 3 aug...and so on.
Obviously going back and farming for all your chars would be a pain but it'd be worth it eventually atleast.

It's similar to the crafted weapons idea without the huge time/plat sink. This way, it'll be much more accessible to the vast majority of the server and fix DPS classes in a more widespread manner.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:50:00 pm by Archaius » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »

I was really hoping for augs I could hunt for and maybe something with a little AOE potential.  Even though I have a toon in the crafter's guild, the cost of crafting items places them out of my reach for a while.  I'd rather try to kill challenging mobs for things I need, not light blues that drop gems or gc/fg items to sell so I can buy them.
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:58:47 pm »

Anger aug all/all thumbs up!!!
i could through on my  augiV for my pally/monk for dps for kronos and t3.
Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32:36 pm »

I think this is somewhat needed, but i would also like to see proc dmg augs that don't have the built in hate for agro. The problem i see is that the sorcerer charm will be the only charm used on all melee toons until they get ultimate. I think another good idea would be the standardization of Type 4 and type 8 augs. For example all proc dmg augs would be type 4 only (unfortunately warriors could no longer double up until they get the extra type 4 slot). And then all base dmg & stat augs (mossy) would be type 8 only. Just a thought.

krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 08:51:05 pm »

I had an idea for rouges
several clicky items that gives a short duration buff depending on witch vearsion of the clicky it could give you extra Direct Damage, Small AOE (by small i mean like 125damage), maybe a small % slow that stacks with normal slow (like bard slow)

Demin
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »

I'm sorry, what is this "slow" you speak of?  Wink
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 10:59:55 pm »

Slow and Stun breaks our intended content, especially bosses. If I add that stuff back in, we'll have to go back to our original stuff like 7,500 hp heals.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 11:06:44 pm »

can do without slows/stuns

Look @ making more all/all or class augs..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 11:18:21 pm »

Problem with augs is sometimes people claim to have lost their Epic Weapon in the bird bath when adding/removing augs. There is clear warning, to use at your own risk, and no reimbursements, yet some people still try to email me about this.

If I just create an all/all weapon then that might solve that problem.

I may consider both the crafted weapon, and adding some weapon proc augs into PoD and PoG.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057