Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:36:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Looting  (Read 52710 times)
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:05 am »

Gunther, how much time does it take to stay kneeling on a corpse?  You are already kneeling on it when you look at the loot and decide that you want it for another toon.  It takes a lot longer to farm the drop again if someone ninja's it.

That was my point, I wouldn't want to farm it all over again. Thats is exactly why you need to lock it down if you really want the stuff. It is a fact that ninja looters will always be around to steal your stuff if you dont lock it down.

Better to lock the corpse and run your alt over if you really want an item.
Aname
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 08:19:04 am »

That was my point, I wouldn't want to farm it all over again. Thats is exactly why you need to lock it down if you really want the stuff. It is a fact that ninja looters will always be around to steal your stuff if you dont lock it down.

Better to lock the corpse and run your alt over if you really want an item.

I misunderstood you Gunther.  I thought you were saying it took more time to lock it down.  doh.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 08:47:20 am »

Thyl, not trying to give you a hard time but you lock your house up because of immoral people.  No different in game unfortunately.

I most certainly do. But I still wouldn't say that someone who got robbed is the person that needs to be "fixed".

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Froakakhan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 11:28:40 am »

IMHO i think the decay time on corpses in lower zones should be shortened.  zones like MM, dulak, and BoT are littered with free gear, and its giving newer players a state of mind that anything on the ground is FFA.

if you want that loot so bad for alt/guildie camp the friggin corpse.  if you keep the loot window open, no one can even see whats on the corpse. 
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 12:01:08 pm »

Look at it like this when I said fix yourself I ment if you had that body locked you never woul of lost the gear... You need to take the steps to protect your stuff in any game.... Your not going to post your account name and password and think nothings going to happen are you? If your in a public zone then you need to expect people to come up and loot.... So if you need something off it lock it.... If you don't then delete it and poof that bodys gone... Don't get me wrong I don't think it's right to loot something with out it getting the ok... But you know people do then act crazy When it happens

gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 02:27:46 pm »

Ok, now how about this scenario that has happened to me, more than once?  I have a body locked, with someone coming for the loot.  They arrive, I stand up, but a bystander (who I have already told in /say that I am saving item for someone coming) loots the body before the intended recipient.  And yes, I now have fraps installed.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »

thats when you have hunter track there IP and go do stoner bashing... Like in jay and silent bob strike back

Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 03:50:19 pm »

How about some Code to turn that ninja looted item in to a lump of Coal and the looter gets flaged KOS, a new title that displays "Ninja Looter" then turns them in to a guttess chicken that a lvl 1 player could touch and kill them but the chicken buff stays on for a few days. I think the "Warhammer" folks did something like this for their game. Well the turning into a guttless chicken part only but still it's a cool concept.

It would probably happen once but then news would spread don't touch stuff that don't belong to you.

Draw back is that if someone killed the mob for someone else then the other person should have to be on group with them to not get branded and chickenized.

did you forget you're playing on a free server? you have any idea how much work that is?

Very True Rostam. I have no idea what programming skills would be required to pull it off. I have a cheaper solution. Make another forum topic labled Ninjas and Trains.

If someone catches someone ninja or training post their toons name on the Ninja's and Trains section for all to be on the look out for.
Rostam

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

If someone catches someone ninja or training post their toons name on the Ninja's and Trains section for all to be on the look out for.

how do we establish the standard for proof?

now we will get every tard on the server who has a beef with someone making accusations and posting names, even screen shots(doctored, not that hard).

do you realize that fraps does not prove anything?, i could fraps you ninja looting an item from me and you don't even have to be online.

if someone really wanted to doctor proof it would be super easy, the logs however would prove otherwise but how often do logs get looked at when someone posts a screenshot or fraps? it's just accepted as end all be all proof and action is taken by Hunter.

before you or anyone else asks, no i will not tell you how it's done, but doctored up fraps or screenshots have been done years and years ago on live servers trying to achieve exactly what you just suggested.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 05:15:55 pm »

Ok, now how about this scenario that has happened to me, more than once?  I have a body locked, with someone coming for the loot.  They arrive, I stand up, but a bystander (who I have already told in /say that I am saving item for someone coming) loots the body before the intended recipient.  And yes, I now have fraps installed.

Anyone remember a couple of toons named Jimmage and Jimwar?

Jim tried to do this exact thing to me and I did a /say "Jim get away from my kill, don't ninja" and it was enough for him to get the hint and move on.

Jim had also been reported in OOC so I knew as soon as I saw him he was gonna try to sneak in and ninja loot. A little direct communication can do wonders. And if they choose to ninja anyway? well get it out there on ooc or here in the forums, you might have lost your loot but a player can only gets so far with that type of reputation.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:21:37 pm by Gunther » Logged
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:43 pm »

how do we establish the standard for proof?

now we will get every tard on the server who has a beef with someone making accusations and posting names, even screen shots(doctored, not that hard).

do you realize that fraps does not prove anything?, i could fraps you ninja looting an item from me and you don't even have to be online.

if someone really wanted to doctor proof it would be super easy, the logs however would prove otherwise but how often do logs get looked at when someone posts a screenshot or fraps? it's just accepted as end all be all proof and action is taken by Hunter.

before you or anyone else asks, no i will not tell you how it's done, but doctored up fraps or screenshots have been done years and years ago on live servers trying to achieve exactly what you just suggested.

Standard of proof is Fraps or Screen shots. If it can be doctored then perhaps multiple random people submitting proof. Of if one has proof and post it then let the community (jury) vote for the banning or not and ultimatly it's up to Hunter. Maybe with a community cracking down on the Ninja's and trainers they woud not happen as much.

Turning a blind eye or arguing that the proof can be doctored or invalid is not a solution either.

Fraps and Screen shots are the suggested tools by Hunter.

What do you suggest as a good solution to the ninja's and trainers?

I still like the chicken idea, just wish I knew how to write the code and submit it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:29:00 pm by Otaduke » Logged
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 07:18:36 pm »

Do you guys even hear what you are saying?  I thought this was EZ server.  I am not here to break rules.

Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 07:22:36 pm »

Guess what, no one gives a fuck what you think. I try to have a little more couth he server.

You sure about that bro?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »

Boneman, your first post in this thread was a direct contradiction of the rules as stated.  The rule is simple and the timer has nothing to do with anything, you didn't kill it, you don't loot it unless you have permission from the person that did kill it.

Honestly, I don't know why there's even a thread debating whether people should be forced to lock corpses or not.  The rule is simple, follow it and be happy, or break it and risk your account(s).

Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:36 pm »

You can't lock corpses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023