Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:41:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Looting  (Read 52713 times)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2010, 02:57:18 pm »

Are you sure it's group only here?  Wink
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 10:25:26 pm »

Listen

Do you guys really think I am here to loot your corpses?  You are wrong on so many levels.  Unfortunately I can only barely address one.

Kill your mob.  Loot the corpse.  Please understand where I am coming from.  If you kill it and let it rot...
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 10:37:24 pm »

Listen

Do you guys really think I am here to loot your corpses?  You are wrong on so many levels.  Unfortunately I can only barely address one.

Kill your mob.  Loot the corpse.  Please understand where I am coming from.  If you kill it and let it rot...

>Implying 4 minutes is "rotting"

Blood of the Akkadian
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1100.0

Problem Solved. Tongue

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »

Listen

Do you really think you are helping yourself to keep posting here?  If it isn't yours don't loot it.  If you do loot things that aren't yours, expect a ban.  Every post you make piles up more evidence against you when you're reported.
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2010, 11:49:43 am »

trust me the WOW crowd isnt here when you get someone to run up to you and say plat pls, pls plat then open a trade window with you that is the wow crowd.

Its practically at that point, with the people begging for epic runs, gear runs, etc.
Especially sad when its easy enough to accumulate enough wealth to pay for the same thing, just proves that there are far too many people running around expecting stuff handed to them with absolutely zero effort on their part. Funny thing I noticed....guildless people tend to offer something of value for what they are asking while people in guilds are the ones expecting the free rides. Hope Hunter can find some respectable people to act in Guide capacity to revoke those peoples ability to /tell and /ooc.

Thats one way to look at it..

The other way is this: Not everyone boxes.. and even those that do...

I think we can *all* agree that once you get that *one* toon to a 3.0 / Qvic/T1/etc type gear with some augments, *then* you can really start doing things yourself and gearing out a full box..

Its the natural cycle of things. When i was new, ppl like Sauga and Prinni and Buckler (and many others i'm ashamed to have momentarily forgotten) took me around on their endeavors and helped gear up my monk to the point that i got the l337 gears and could gear up my own paladin, and whatever else lies down the road..

I've gone out of my way to pay it forward, killing countless 1.5epic mobs, Time Clears, LDON clears, MOW kills, etc... for other people new to the server that need that extra boost on Toon 1 to create their own personal armada of a$$-kicking. Pay it forward, it's what this server is built on. For every asshat hording plat and trying to sell incomplete epic 2.0 books, theres a dozen or more people selflessly helping others get started to enjoy this great server.

This server is EZ. This server is *not* easy starting out once you get past BOT. If you are as solo warrior with 1.0s / 1.5s grinidng your way though BOT/POTa, you *are* going to need help, whether in the form of some whacky 4.0 warrior whos bored or a full group of your peers, to progress. Thats what /ooc and /w all is for.

I of course agree  that some people have an inflated sense of entitlement, but that's few and far between.

You wanna help someone sometime.. Instead of laughing at the guy offering his only 10k for a 2.0 run in /ooc, HELP HIM. He obviously needs the 2.0 and someone to show him the ropes. He doesnt know how to farm bags of plat and use quests and camp FG/CG items, and whatever else to get started on his personal empire.. All he knows is what we all knew when we hit that wall on this server:

The stuff i'm supposed to be killing is kicking my tail.

So give him a hand.. Don't just give him a fish, teach 'em to fish. We're all pretty decent human beings behind keyboards playing a game we love. Act like it.

Hate to ninja this from a month ago, but this was very well said!  kudos!
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2010, 01:25:50 pm »

Listen

Do you really think you are helping yourself to keep posting here?  If it isn't yours don't loot it.  If you do loot things that aren't yours, expect a ban.  Every post you make piles up more evidence against you when you're reported.

This is a very very good post. Right now, if someone was to accuse Boneman of ninja looting and not have any proof everyone would believe said person because of your own posts in this thread. You have labeled yourself at minimum a potential ninja looter. I have seen Hunter take things like this post into consideration when it comes to banning people.

Balthor2
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2010, 04:33:01 pm »

Agree Xiggie, this Boneman is a real tool.
Aname
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2010, 08:23:45 am »

Agree Xiggie, this Boneman is a real tool.

It's like the guy who said - I only pulled 10 mobs, I can't help it if others came along - something to that effect.  I thought, so if I run thru an ldon and only intend to pull 10 but get a mass train, it's ok?  LOL

Advertising that you break the rules is just plain stupid.   Roll Eyes
Balthor2
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2010, 12:23:13 pm »

Its not the advertising part thats so stupid its his "I dont give a fuck and you cant stop me" attitude. That shit one day will get him crushed.
Whats the current dicksuckers guild? He would fit right in.
Deadshade

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2010, 06:18:21 am »

I must say that I am mightily surprised .
I can be called a newbie as I only know Dulak and BoT - this is my first post here .
But I am a lawyer and there are 2 principles among others :
"Never establish a law that can't be enforced" and "Never establish a law without stating exceptions where the law goes against common sense ."

2 examples :

- When I was in Dulak I couldn't find a necro helm . So I shout "If somebody sees a necro helm , pst ."
Instead of getting an answer that this would be "ninja looting" , I got a tell "Found helm there and there and if you see BST hands , pst" . Indeed I found BST hands a bit later and sent a tell .
Checking rotting corpses in Dulak seems to be common practice . According to the rule I understand that I and the person who sent me the tell should be banned . Probably almost everybody in Dulak should be banned too .

- In BoT I found my both bracers on rotting copses . Somebody pulled the whole east wing and there were dozens and dozens of rotting corpses . A person came after me and was obviously checking them too . Here again I understand that both the person and me should be banned . It is current to see a shout "Chest so and so rotting there and there ." If somebody goes and loots it he should be banned because he didn't check whether the person shouting was the one who did the kill .

OK a rule is a rule so I will try to respect it . But I will clearly not report if I see anybody checking a pile of rotting corpses . Of couse everytime I see the person who did the kill , I ask if I can loot once the timer is over .
But if I may to make a suggestion , I would restrict the rule to the ninja looting of bosses .
Generalizing it to yard trash rotting around can't be enforced and people will keep checking it . In Dulak and BoT that's obviously common practice .
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2010, 09:42:52 am »

I think you have a twisted view..

When I /shout rotting XXX on XXXX that was my kill I'm opening corpse FCFS....

I'm sure the others are like this.. the bottom line still is, if you didn't kill or get permission don't loot.. or even look in corpse.. cause if you don't know whats in it you will not be tempted..

Dulak, BoT, Potime, LDON, Qvic all the same, different stuff drops from a little of everything..

play respectful, not saying your not already. This has been addressed numerous times all it takes is someone recording you and blam your gone.. not really worth it...

boss/trash/or dead rangers...

and common sense is just be nice and follow the rules..

• No exploiting
  • No warping
  • No bot / afk farming
  • No bad words
  • No spamming
  • No kill stealing
  • No hording Tiki's
  • Guild Quest camps
  • No ninja looting
  • No trains
  • Do not crash zones
  • Do not share accounts
  • Use common sense
  • Play nice and don't grief

NO NINJA LOOTING
Don't loot mobs that don't belong to you unless the person/group that killed it gave you permission.

USE COMMON SENSE
Just because I haven't listed a rule, doesn't mean you can't get banned for a certain action. Use your head, You know right and wrong. Don't be an idiot or you'll get banned.

Users police themselves with Fraps since Hunter works a lot of hours IRL. You can find a copy of Fraps very easy on the internet.

Be sure to get your easy to use copy of fraps, and keep the hotkey ready to record people. If your going to down an important boss and feel that a player may grief you, then record the fight. I know videos sizes are huge. If the boss event goes without problems, then just delete that 500 meg file that was created to record it. Users police themselves on here. Screenshots are nice, but hard to prove that someone traveled with a train since screenshots are well, static.

Have a nice day everyone!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:51:43 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2010, 09:52:45 am »

Are you sure it's group only here?  Wink

oh dear!

I have 3 55+ mages on different accounts, imagine the fun I could have lol
j/k I would never do that but woah this is deadly if true.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
Bhanshei

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2010, 10:03:12 am »

I do have a question.... If someone was to really fraps people looting in FoB, CoM, Dulak, and even BoT... would you really expect them to get banned???  

Would the person who frapsed a bunch of noobs looting in FoB be the hero who ridded the population of future "ninja looters", or the villain for picking on noobs and getting them banned???

Would and should Hunter pull the trigger on the level 2 "ninja looters" in Field of Bone??

This is just a thought....as its Friday and I'm bored at work!  However, FoB is the start of where the "ninja looting" behavior is learned....
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08:03 am »

You are not allowed to loot from an NPC that you did not kill. Even if the corpse is going to rot, then let it rot! You must get permission from the person that killed it, since they may have alt boxes that want to loot the items. You can try to justify and make excuses, but the end result will be a ban if you were not given permission. You've been warned.

Edit: Oh yeah, asking retarded questions will get you #revoked from ooc and tells.

Enjoy!

Hunter

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1100.0

as you I don't see levels or zones.. so it is a blanket.. just pass it along follow the rules..

It's not like the rules are this extreme shit that impedes peoples play time..
I also don't see a bunch of assclowns trying to pen noobs down.. the noobs aren't the ones looting, it's the people that know the rules and try to justify it magically in the tiny skulls that's upon their shoulders.

/meh I make it easy /loot /destroy anyway but I never leave guild instances no matter what the cost will be... /assclows=thesuck.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:13:21 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 53