Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:32:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Warrior farming fix  (Read 11236 times)
Kura

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:34:29 pm »

Problem: Right now warriors are way overplayed and the reason they are is because they are infinitely better at farming than all classes. 1 level 70 well geared 70 warrior farms ldon better than an entire group.

So everyone makes a warrior alt so they can farm well for their main, or they end up switching mains to their warrior because how unbalanced it is.

For everyone else that isnt getting powerleveled by warrior friends, they have do deal with trying to camp mobs with high lvl warriors just gathering up everything and instantly killing it. It's very frustrating.

Especially since farming is a big part of this server with upgrading your charm.

Solution A: Completely remove warrior cleave and buff up another aspect of their class.
Solution B: Make cleave not work for mobs under lvl 70 if the warrior is lvl 70.

Added benefit A: Since the way most ldon farming is done on  this server is by warriors gathering up entire floors the drop rate on charm upgrades has to be based on their killing efficiency which sucks for all other classes. If warriors are unable to kill entire floors so quickly, you can increase the drop rate of charms without them becoming too common.

Added benefit B : Will help balance out the played classes on the server. I bet their are more warriors than bards, beastlords, wizards, shamans and druids combined, and this is the main reason why imo.

/discuss

Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 08:41:57 pm »

Cleave is Crit rate, but I'm guessing you mean the AoE/splash damage since cleave is used in that term in other games...

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:44:01 pm »

Don't people have better things to do with their time?  Huh

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »

Monk is my main. I have a DW 3.0 War with V's but, monk is main. /shrug

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 10:06:49 pm »

I can farm just as efficiently with my:
3.0 necro
3.0 Bard
3.0 Paladin

It is all dependant on your gear. Yes my war is ultimately faster, but "nerfing" a class because it  is supposed to be built for tanking/DPS is insane. People use wars to farm due to the fact that they are purpose built to take the damage and dish it out in a timely manner.

Go check out ldon 4 sometime...all i ever see are pally aggroing the zone for their oracle charms.

so -1 to the OP on his topic....no "fix" needed.

revloc06

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:02:21 am »

I bet everyone that doesn't think Warriors need a nerf play warriors regularly!  Maybe not their main but just as frequently as or with their main!  In my honest opinion, I think warriors need a nerf, even though I have one and play it, I have not yet got anger augs and enjoyed the luxury of their GODlike power with them.

I think the new crafter's guild augs are supposed to balance the power but when I saw one selling for 4.5 million today it's like what's the point...might as well dish out that kinda money to get my warrior some anger augs...

Yes it's broke and let's have a real fix please!
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:35:16 am »

And everyone currently claiming warriors need a nerf havent taken the time to aug their Pally/SK/Ber/Rogue/etc with the new crafter guild augs.
While warriors still maintain a DPS advantage overall, the new augs with the epic procs on Pally weapon = considerable damage. Tack on the fact the pally heals as well and....

I always find these threads laughable at best. Someone always has to QQ about something without crunching hard numbers and doing proper comparisons with existing data. (While taking into consideration the role the class is supposed to be filling.)

Lets break down the original post:

Right now warriors are way overplayed

The reason for that is simple DPS. At this current stage of EZ server warriors hands down provide the best DPS. Ever heard the term Metagame. (Check second paragraph under the 3rd definition)

For everyone else that isnt getting powerleveled

QQ much? Do what everyone else did: Make a Druid 3.0 or Druid/Shaman 3.0 combo and powerlevel yourself. Join a guild or simply make some friends. If you are too anti-social orif  its too much effort find somewhere else to play rather than bitch about it.

Especially since farming is a big part of this server
What game did you come from? EQ has been and will probably always be about the grind.

Wall of text then this gem: "you can increase the drop rate of charms"

Hunter has stated over and over and over and over and over (you get the idea) that charm drops are supposed to be the rarest thing that drops period.

I bet their are more warriors than bards, beastlords, wizards, shamans and druids combined

Well sure people go where the DPS are. But if you actually read the stuff Hunter posts on what he is looking to do in the future, you can see he is addressing the various classes. It just takes time for the balance to play out.
Without a few classes able to dish out decent DPS then no one would be able to play the high end content.

Something to think about:
This server is extremely popular, and has a loyal (almost fanatic) playerbase.
Hunter is obviously making the server something he would enjoy playing on, and everyone of the regulars here will agree that is a damn fun server.
I can't count the number of "why can't my X do this" type of posts I see every  day on the forums and in OOC. And this one is just as typical. I don't see why its so hard to understand that if you want to play one of the less tweaked classes, then you need to first level up one of the more powerful classes like a war or pally. Then when geared up, with decent AA you can level up your other toons. Guess common sense these days isn't that common.

Oh and for the record- my main is a necro. I levelled up a pally to make sure i could PL and gear up my necro. Once I got into Qvic+ I then made my first war, because I needed a proper tank.

The more logical solution to the issue you are describing would be to put a check in LDON/Potime/BoT similar to the one in Dulak that checks level. But instead of seeing if the toon is level 61 it could look for Anger Augs on the weapons, and not let him teleport in if he has 4 IVs or 4 Vs on his swords.
But to be honest a check like that would just make it harder for new guys to get higher end people to take them through potime/ldon for their epics. One of the reasons its hard to find people willing to 2.0 runs...most higher end guys are sick to death of ldon due to the charm farming they had to do while making their Ultimate Charms. So if Hunter put something like that in place the only one really being hurt in the long run are the people who are just starting to go for their 1.5/2.0 epics/gear.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:26:50 am by funkinmofo » Logged

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 03:25:10 am »

Nm I typed out this long post about eq balancing and one man doing the work blah blah but then it turned into me looking mean and I have an image to uphold so move along nothing to see here.  Oh yeah, I agree with mofo he has some good read goin on there.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:38:46 am by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 05:08:43 am »

Instead of some massive balancing act, the easiest solution may just be:

Toss Guild Instances into LDON for 10k-25k instead of the regular instances offered.  The biggest problem with trains (besides being against the rules, etc) is that it deprives content and drop potential from everyone else on the server..

if you are in your own guild instance, you could be farming to your herts delight *without* depriving anyone else of content or killing someone else with your loltrain, etc..

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 11:31:47 am »

Instead of some massive balancing act, the easiest solution may just be:

Toss Guild Instances into LDON for 10k-25k instead of the regular instances offered.  The biggest problem with trains (besides being against the rules, etc) is that it deprives content and drop potential from everyone else on the server..

if you are in your own guild instance, you could be farming to your herts delight *without* depriving anyone else of content or killing someone else with your loltrain, etc..

Hunter has stated many, many times that this won't happen. Main reason is that there will be no policing of instances and you'll have people taking out entire floors for charm upgrades. You'll see lots more with full 25th level charms at a faster rate. As it is, Hunter wanted the charms to be difficult.

The best thing to do would be sit in LDoN with fraps and follow the people with too many mobs. Eventually people will get the clue that rules need to be followed and all will be happy in this area once again.
Stuls
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 12:51:09 pm »

It's all about the DPS like mofo said.

Between me and a RL buddy,  we have  Monk, Mage, Pally, Beastlord, Warrior, Cleric X2, Druid, Shammy, Bard, Rogue and Ranger all with full T2 and 2 or 3 3.0's each depending on the class.

The Monk was/is my main, but it gets disheartening being out DPS'd by a Warrior by a large margin (especially counting the AoE of Anger V's) so really, 99% of the time the only toons that are played to do anything are a single Warrior / Cleric combo.  In all fairness, I don't have time/desire to sink a lot of time into getting the tradeskill charms or the money to drop on them for each toon so that method isn't a big option for me, so maybe over time the other classes will catch up and match the Warriors from a DPS perspective.  (I'm guessing Warriors will be the only ones that can rock out w/ the AoE proc even with changes, so will still be the de facto class for farming previous / non-challenging content that you can wipe out the most mobs with the smallest level of effort)

I think the problem that people have and the same one that I struggled with is that this is EZ and not Live.  On Live, you played a Monk/Rogue (melee) for DPS and a Warrior was only there to take the beating while everyone else did the real damage.  (yes, Monks & Rogues had special abilities butthey were THE melee DPS classes).  This may have changed on Live since I haven't played on live since before GOD/OOW+.  But on EZ, warriors rock the beat that rocks the party both from fighting new content but specifically when looking to go back and farm older content (again, because of the AoE).

Again, it's not live and it's the direction that Hunter has decided to take the server.  I've never posted a complaint about the balancing because it is all custom content and what seems to be a fairly intentional shift to have Warriors as DPS leaders so I just adapted and still enjoy playing.  

But I will say that Warriors are DPS powerhouses and it is a paradigm shift from what users experienced on Live which is probably why they are like WTF?!?!? after leveling up their first couple of melee DPS toons to 70 and getting their 3.0's only to be plowed through by a Warrior.  Smiley

It's a custom content server and not Live.  It is subject to the direction and whim's of Hunter.  Hunter traditionally listens to the players feedback to try and make things better (which may facilitate more complaints), but it is the way that it is.  I don't think that one class should be nerfed just because they are great above ways that Sony/Verant intended them to be.  Smiley

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:52:52 pm by Stuls » Logged
Kura

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 01:01:36 pm »

Great post Stilis =)

Lol lots of anger from people =P It was just a suggestion... I didn't say "omg I cant play on this server unless this is fixed! OMG the humanity"

FunkinMofo
Flames including Phrases like "QQ much" from a kid with a name like "FunkinMofo" gives me terrible flashbacks of WoW. I will address your attack post to my suggestion.

"And everyone currently claiming warriors need a nerf havent taken the time to aug their Pally/SK/Ber/Rogue/etc with the new crafter guild augs"

I play only 1 class, I don't make alts never do. I definitely don't box like 4 characters. Everquest is not Dungeon Seige, and not everyone wants to play boxing an entire group. For me I loose all immersion when I box so I don't do it.

"QQ much? Do what everyone else did: Make a Druid 3.0 or Druid/Shaman 3.0 combo and powerlevel yourself. Join a guild or simply make some friends."

I actually had really good help from friends and my guild. Like I just stated, I don't box, I feel like it takes away from the experience.

"What game did you come from? EQ has been and will probably always be about the grind."

Wasn't complaining about the grind. I said the EZ server is very based on "farming" and if a couple classes farm 10x better than the rest they are going to be overplayed.

"Hunter has stated over and over and over and over and over (you get the idea) that charm drops are supposed to be the rarest thing that drops period."

Did you not read what I said. I said the drop rate is based on warriors being able to pull entire floors and instantly drop every mob, since this is what is going on constantly. So if your a class that cannot farm that quickly it's a complete waste of time to farm for it. I am saying that the drop rate could be increased since it would not be as easy to mass slaughter them.

I was a suggestion jeeze lol. I consider something a problem and tried to come up with a solution. That is what I thought this forum was for. If my solution sucks or what I think is a problem is not a problem, then just point it out. Don't attack me like some 13 year old forum troll.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 02:04:36 pm »

Great post Stilis =)

FunkinMofo
Flames including Phrases like "QQ much" from a kid with a name like "FunkinMofo" gives me terrible flashbacks of WoW. I will address your attack post to my suggestion.

I was a suggestion jeeze lol. I consider something a problem and tried to come up with a solution. That is what I thought this forum was for. If my solution sucks or what I think is a problem is not a problem, then just point it out. Don't attack me like some 13 year old forum troll.

Well there Kura, I can raise my hand and vouch for Funkimofo period.
Sometimes responses may feel like attacks when they are not, it was just his "fixes" to some of your "fixes", right or wrong they are just that.

On the other hand I do understand probably what you are thinking about the other classes. There are numerous posts and Hunter is working on different fixes for classes.

Look at it this way, you're not paying for the server nor are you the one coding the DB. Enjoy what we have if you can if you don't like warriors don't play one..

A side note, I give a so called Ranger in my guild hell daily about the main they play,  Joking but they have taken that class way above the normal play style and is good at it.. (Ill have to eat that in chat when they read it)

This game is what you make of it period.

Judging someone by a name of the forum is... lame, as I'm sure you will see my name and attempt to judge me without knowing who, what, or how I could helped you.

Not everything is a flame, or an attack.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kura

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:46 pm »

Wasn't a judgment, lol. I made a suggestion in the suggestion forum and a guy named "funkinmofo" kept telling me "QQ" lol.

I was saying, I hate that and it reminds me the the WoW forums. That is not a judgment.

I love the EZ server, I just posted a suggestion in the suggestion forum. If you guys don't agree that's fine.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 12:27:29 am »

I dont agree with you.

Bottom line is....if you nerf warriors you're going to have to dramatically change about half a dozen encounters from T2 up. I cant see this happening.

I DO agree with your assessment of the difficulties faced by new players trying to do their 2.0, in competing with even a moderately geared 3.0 war with anger 5's....but I dont think nerfing the warrior is the answer. Changing how people get their 2.0's may be.

And yes, I agree: the new DD augs make a huge dif, but only for a very small percentage of the server (at the moment).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439