Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:19:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Epic weapons  (Read 8647 times)
Tanathos

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:10 am »

Hello people  Cheesy

I was wondering about epic weapons for those classes using one hand and two hand. As I see it right now the classes who can use two one handers have an advantage on more health, stats, and hit point regen.

So my thoughts are possibly make paladin, shaman, mage, wizard, and clerics one hand epics have double the hit point regen and hit points and mana to fall in balance with classes who can gain additional through dual wield using two one hand. Also bring the two hand in line would be a nice idea.

Think about it, it makes sense that a class who can only use one hand weapon have same stats and regen and health or mana as classes who can dual wield two epics.

Would this be a good change or no. It definitely is a fair change if it can be done.

PS: Thanks for the best EQ server in the entire world.
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 01:22:29 pm »

if your upset about dual wielding classes, you are gonna flip your lid to know that rangers can tri wield... two swords and a bow.
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:41:20 pm »

Doubling stats might tip the scales in the other direction for the one handed classes because they also get the use of an offhand or a weapon in the clerics case. Perhaps giving them a slight boost or maybe even creating epic  offhands that use the same quest similar to ranger epic 3.0 bow would be an idea for those classes. I know the second idea might be a pain but I figured I would throw it out there.
Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 05:26:51 pm »

IMO, the classes who can only single wield their epics should get a shield for their 3.5, and the 4.0 can still be mainhand. Preferably with different useful clickie on each. I wouldnt worry in the slightest about single wielding classes outweighing power of the dual wielding classes since they would need an amazing boost to put them on par anyway.

As for PAL/Sk a shield for 3.5 and 1hs 4.0 for mainhand would be totally reasonable.
Demin
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »

FYI: Cleric 3.0 and lower is a shield.
Cleric 3.5 and 4.0 is a 1hb weapon with a single target heal spell.

I like the idea of two epics for other classes, though. It'd be fun.
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:33:35 am »

FYI: Cleric 3.0 and lower is a shield.
Cleric 3.5 and 4.0 is a 1hb weapon with a single target heal spell.

I like the idea of two epics for other classes, though. It'd be fun.

this is only Mostly correct. 1.0 is a 1hb weapon too Tongue

Aname
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 05:53:33 am »

Hello people  Cheesy

I was wondering about epic weapons for those classes using one hand and two hand. As I see it right now the classes who can use two one handers have an advantage on more health, stats, and hit point regen.

So my thoughts are possibly make paladin, shaman, mage, wizard, and clerics one hand epics have double the hit point regen and hit points and mana to fall in balance with classes who can gain additional through dual wield using two one hand. Also bring the two hand in line would be a nice idea.

Think about it, it makes sense that a class who can only use one hand weapon have same stats and regen and health or mana as classes who can dual wield two epics.

Would this be a good change or no. It definitely is a fair change if it can be done.

Tan, I don't think it would be 'fair' as you put it.  As a ranger, I had to do the entire epic quest 3 times to get the weapons/stats I have.  Duel wielders have to do it twice.  If you were to be rewarded with double stats and not have to do the work for it, I'm sure a lot of people would complain.

Would it be good?  Hell yes it would!  I'd love to see my pally have double the stats on his weapon!

Demin
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 06:33:52 am »

Well, again for the cleric example....

When you get the cleric 3.5, it requires you to turn your shield in with the book, and you get a 1hb epic.  At that time, you lose your shield. You have to go back through and do the epics again to get shield 3.0. And believe me, EVERY cleric is going to do that to get amplify healing effect. 
Tanathos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

Hello people  Cheesy

Tan, I don't think it would be 'fair' as you put it.  As a ranger, I had to do the entire epic quest 3 times to get the weapons/stats I have.  Duel wielders have to do it twice.  If you were to be rewarded with double stats and not have to do the work for it, I'm sure a lot of people would complain.

Would it be good?  Hell yes it would!  I'd love to see my pally have double the stats on his weapon!

To me this makes no sense because you have the ability to obtain dual wield epics and some classes can not. Thus you make the stats on their one handed epics equal to dual wield epics.

It is fair. The way you put it it is like you do not have a choice of doing your epics. Everyone will do their epics, there is not one person who will not get another epic for their dual wield. You see what I mean? So how is it unfair to those players who can only do one epic only to have equal stats to those players who get dual wield epics? So you have to do your epic twice who cares it is easy.

So the classes who do not dual wield don't deserve to be balanced just because they only have to do epic once? That makes no sense man, come on.
Aname
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 04:43:38 pm »

Tan, I'm just pointing out the fact that there are plenty in the game what will whine about it.   Wink
I found it to be a pain in the butt to do the quest multiple times.  Easy? Yes.  Fun?  No.   Smiley
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:23 pm »

There should be and is a benefit to playing a dual wielding class. While I would not be against adding an epic counter part, (shield) I do not think it should equal that of a dual wielding class even with the epic and epic counter part.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439