Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:07:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Users suspended / banned for chat  (Read 19498 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:07:24 am »

Users that were using bad words (cursing, racial, sexual, etc) are now suspended or banned depending on offense (and my mood).

Suspended for 7 days: Sukydro, Dubr (just the offending box for now).
Banned for life: Mackenzie/Mayer (2boxer)

Screenshots are easy, and if you do that, make sure you gate a date/time on it, and then email me the original pic. For 100% suspend/ban chance, make a fraps video of the player. I will also be logging as much as I can afk as well.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:11:46 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:15:07 pm »

Banned for bad names:

Pussyluva
Pussywagon
Pussijuice

Not appropriate names and are banned forever now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Aries404

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:58:59 pm »

Hello everyone, my character Sukydro was recently temporarily banned for "use bad words (racial, sexual, etc)". After a long, hard week at university, theres nothing I would rather spend a couple hours doing after school than playing my favorite game, on my favorite server. Unfortunately, to my surprise when I got to the server selection screen and tried to log on to the EZ server, i got a message saying my account was suspended! Apparently someone was offended by something I had to say during my time on the EZ server, and Hunter did not give me any warning or even a chance to say my side of the argument, this is my side of the story.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:12:50 pm »

If the person petitioning you/ accusing you has pictures or a video, thats all the proof needed

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 07:58:16 pm »

Add to the ban list for ooc chat:

Nicarus
Quezar
Oneeyedphil
Danyelle

... are now banned for life.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

Not Danyelle, surely that was a Troll? He's done only good for the server..couldn't see why he'd be banned. He's only ever helped everyone that's ever asked. My two cents though, but it may not be warranted since I do not know the situation. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Just crazy talk, y'know...

b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »

Truly hope this is just a troll, Dany has been nothin but awesome on this server, always awnsering noob questions tryin ta help out whoever she can, If it is warranted well, sorry to hear it, wish i could hear the story so i wouldnt be so like "wtf, whats goin on here?"  And hope its not about her fixing the brawlers charm.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:39:22 pm by b33tlejuice » Logged
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »

Wow...Daynelle?

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:36 pm »

S/He is grouped in with the folks that got banned for the long sexually explicit conversation in OOC yesterday, not saying the ban was from that, but it could be a possibility

Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 05:10:32 am »

I heard some nasty things on the OOC today/yesterday but I didn't see danyelle say anything. say it isn't so.  I barely know danyelle, but as far as i knew thats a solid EZ server vet.
Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 01:15:14 pm »

lol at Nicarus....that guy was just annoying...thanks hunter!
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:51:51 pm »

Hunter, I don't know if you have used it or recommended it to your players yet or not, but the /report command has been functional for a while now and will low the last 10 lines of chat from the reported player into your reports table.

To use it, just type "/report playername", and I think it will report anything they have said within the last 10 lines of text, or something like that.  I haven't played with it much, but it does work.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 11:08:23 pm »

Its a good feature if what you have to show can fit into 10 lines of text.
Also, because Hunter uses his email so frequently for other requests, it only makes sense to email pictures of conversations or /ooc chat you think he should see.
Kinda like a central repository for complaints, suggestions, etc..

Basher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 02:11:21 am »

I talked it over with Hunter, based on the specific details of this event we are going to unban Danyelle and let him off with a warning.  Hunter will reinstate the account when he gets back home from work.

-Basher
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:13:30 am by Basher » Logged
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 02:21:59 am »

I talked it over with Hunter, based on the specific details of this event we are going to unban Danyelle and let him off with a warning.  Hunter will reinstate the account when he gets back home from work.

-Basher

You guys listen, and that's why you rock. Keep up the good work. Dany definitely didn't deserve anything.

/rocks on

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65014
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 8678