Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 02:32:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Brawler Charm  (Read 16641 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:37 pm »

I'm not exactly how sure how haste works. Is it a delay reducing effect?

If so maybe thats what he means by min. delay it can be reduced to. Not sure tho
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 05:05:09 pm »

When the haste on the brawlers got messed up I lost about 30% dps. That is huge so it does matter quite a bit. I don't see how setting the haste cap to 500% or even 1000% would make any balancing problems. Things would function as they were intended to.

yeah but thats because you went over the cap and it went all the way around to whatever the left over was wasnt it?. if you take weapon with dly of 1 and had 100% hate it would be what 100 combat round every milasecond ? thats just stupid why not just increase the over all damage done though other effects?. IMO haste should not ever reach over 200% anyways 100% in worn effect and 100% in spell effect.

Balthor2
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:34:35 pm »

When the haste on the brawlers got messed up I lost about 30% dps. That is huge so it does matter quite a bit. I don't see how setting the haste cap to 500% or even 1000% would make any balancing problems. Things would function as they were intended to.

yeah but thats because you went over the cap and it went all the way around to whatever the left over was wasnt it?. if you take weapon with dly of 1 and had 100% hate it would be what 100 combat round every milasecond ? thats just stupid why not just increase the over all damage done though other effects?. IMO haste should not ever reach over 200% anyways 100% in worn effect and 100% in spell effect.

Part of thats correct, most of its wrong.
FYI before secrets pushed some update that broke a lot of shit there was nothing game breaking about Xiggie having a lvl 33 brawler (at that time).
His monk was doing a good 30 or 40percent more dps then mine but I have *TA DA a lvl 1 or 3 brawler on my monk* so of course his monk should have more dps.
The day we noticed the change it was kind of ghetto because I think my monk was doing about the same dps as him if not slightly more.
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »

why not just put a clicky haste buff on the brawlers charm that is 126% haste.

if you raise the haste cap then others toons with haste maxed will raise as well correct?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 05:29:29 pm »

If you change the clicky on the charm it can no longer be used to gate to Nexus.  Not necessarily a big problem, but it would mean carrying two charms and swapping to gate.

I think what people are really missing here is that unless there is custom code, which as outsiders we can't easily verify, the haste cap is 100% total from spells and items with V3 haste stacking on top of that.  Putting a huge clicky haste on the charm wouldn't make a difference if the cap isn't changed or if it wasn't V3 haste.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 05:20:36 pm »

Changing it to clicky haste or v3 haste would not solve the issue either even if the haste cap was raise beyond it. It would then replace spell haste or bard over-haste. As for mods that add to damage, there is a 30% + to damage on the brawlers currently that does not work. (Incidentally, the reason I know this does not work is because if it did work it would raise your average hit by approximately 30%.)So, it is supposed to have the haste and the + % to damage that was mentioned.

Upping the haste cap would not universally raise everyone's haste. It would universally raise their haste potential, meaning if they had items/spells/songs that gave them more than 100% haste it would work for them.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 07:09:53 pm »

I think that most people that play seriously have a Tacvi+ BP (I think Tacvi is where they have 70% haste on them) and the spell from the buff bot or pets is around 65%, so raising the cap would give many people another 35% or so.

I'm with you, I'd like to have it raised some, but I do think it would change some of the game dynamics so that change should be considered.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 03:05:50 am »

It was already higher than 100% at one point in time. And it since T3/4 was released that the cap got messed up. So the content was already designed for that amount of haste/dmg output. This is not an enhancement or an upgrade or anything, this is fixing something that is broken on this server.

It was mentioned before that haste cap right now is 125%. Given your example they would gain an additional 10%. Btw, I am not sure what the tacvi bp haste is, but T2 bp haste is 70%. I know it may well be the same. An additional 10% by the mass majority of the server is not going to be noticed hardly at all really.

Here is my big disappointment of it. With the brawlers I have 137% haste. Not sure what the buff bot is but guessing 50% I think is safe. If I remember correctly, bard haste and over haste is 30% each. Adding those up and I am coming in somewhere around 250% haste. Now I know the higher haste gets the less it matters, but the translation is I am missing anywhere from 30 to 45% damage because of the lost haste.

Again, I would like to reiterate, this is not a balancing issue, this is an 'oh can we please have moar dps' issue, this is a fixing a broken element of this server issue.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 05:06:47 am »

I would say it is a potential balancing issue since it has been broken long enough to be considered the norm.

I believe the haste cap is 100% unless Hunter says otherwise.  That is what it is in the standard emulator code.  We can parse to approximate the cap, but it will still be a guess subject to some randomness.

I'll say again that I'm not saying it shouldn't be looked at, but it should be done with care.  Just bumping it up to 1000% and hoping for the best could be worse than leaving it alone.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out if Hunter updates to the latest source code this weekend as he mentioned in another post.  There's a change to how procs work that may alter the balance as well.
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 09:50:31 am »

If Hunter updates the source code, and if we are limited now to only one weapon proc per combat round, we are going to see a dramatic loss in DPS with classes that rely on their weapon procs as their primary DPS.

A warrior using a base 1500 DD proc will no longer see combat rounds of 4500+ damage, the most they will see is 1500. Those numbers are based off no damage focus effects.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »

If Hunter updates the source code, and if we are limited now to only one weapon proc per combat round, we are going to see a dramatic loss in DPS with classes that rely on their weapon procs as their primary DPS.

A warrior using a base 1500 DD proc will no longer see combat rounds of 4500+ damage, the most they will see is 1500. Those numbers are based off no damage focus effects.

In other words: SERVER RAID ON SHADOW, EVERYONE ZONE INTO HOH!

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis