Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:26:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Shadowknight 4.0  (Read 12528 times)
Vell

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2010, 01:14:41 am »

I just got my SK 4.0 two days ago and I was rather upset by the clicky and lifetap proc. Why? Because they are the same as 3.0, and the clicky is pretty worthless. i was expecting a much greater lifetap and better click. All of the other 4.0s that I have seen are different and pretty sweet. I know the GMs are very busy doing other stuff, and I really have no idea how hard it is to put a new click and proc on it. Now that i'm done complaing let me say I love the server and appreciate everything you guys do. Keep up the good work! But please make the SK 4.0 worth completing! Thanks!

Love Vell
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:30:57 am »

Same with the beastlord 3.5 and 4.0, it summons the same pet...
ccarroll85

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:02:28 am »

You know its crazy that essentially the 3.5 epic is better than the 4.0 (minus hp of course).  Why not just increase the Harm Touch effect from the 3.5 epic (30k) to around 50 - 75k for the 4.0.  This would not be a big leap as the SKs depend on  Lifetaps and the Paladin 4.0 heals for 250000 health points.  Please consider this.

Carroll the Tripod - Level 70 ShadowKnight
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:35:43 am »

Vell beat me to the punch here finished my 3.5 was like omg that click is awesome, then i asked him to link the 4.0 and was not happy at all. The 4.0 isnt on my list anymore unless we can get that clicky fixed aswell as the lifetap bumped up alittle. Now i understand the gm's are very busy this is what i would like to see on 4.0 or close to it, a new lifetap proc for 2k to 2.5k and a ht clicky for 75k-100k reuse timer same. This imo would bring the epic back to par with other 4.0's. Thanks for you time and effort Hunter help a sk out =)

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:38:42 pm »

This could be another 'lack of spell ID's' issue that come from using titanium. I'm noticing a lot of clicks are the same as spells/disc already in game,with maybe minor adjustments.

Counting 3.0 and up,thats 3 epics per class,like what 12-15 classes..thats so thats like 36 custom spell files needed. Which with SoD isnt an issue.

I realize Hunter is just one man,and works his ass off. But with the influx of new players that legendary status is bringing , a lot of these issue are being brought to the forefront. Haste cap broken,PoAir crashes,buff timers,class balancing issues,clicks that crash zone,etc the list just keep getting longer. I know he's pushing T5,but what good is T5 if you cant get thru T4 due to crashes?

Wish Hunter had someone he trusted to help resolve some the issue that are arising. Some could be fixed fairly easy,with time to put into it that Hunter doesnt have.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:50:02 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 01:45:09 pm »

Just keep in mind fellas that there are no Gm's as in more than one, there is only Hunter who actively works on database.  As weve seen him say before he works 6 days a week 70 plus hours.  There are many, many things that need to be fixed alongside class balancing and the sk 4.0.  I am 99.9% sure he knows there is a problem wit the sk 4.0 and its on his to do list.  I can name you several big issues with class balancing, let alone server stability issues late in the evening.  Things move along here on EZ slowly, yes it can be irritating but just remember its one guy who works alot.  How many of us remember hlaf our toons logging out while zoning?  We had that issue for 6 mos or more?  Be patient padiwan.

Poop
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:52 pm »

All we can really do is try to narrow the causes down by testing,running parses and trying to pinpoint the troubles so it make Hunter job that much easier.

But posting "this is broke please fix!" isnt going to solve anything. Trying to figure out exactly what the cause is and posting realistic fixes or work arounds and showing you put the time in will get it looked at I bet.
ccarroll85

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »

People did post realistic fixes.  Take the code already implemented for 3.5 and increase ht for the 4.0.  The 4.0 having a worst effect than 3.5 is the problem.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 02:23:13 pm »

Sorry wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just get a lot of these post that offer no solid input.

Maybe Hunter needs to get some full time players to be Class Correspondents, people that actually play the class in question. As a go between and as a test base to make better use of his time?
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 05:15:52 pm »

I dont think its that he doesnt know how to do it,  its on a to do list and he hasnt got to it yet.  30 emails a day reading and responding to after working 11 hours, I really would have a hard time worrying about how badass your character/class is.  Oh and please guys dont take this the wrong way, you know I love ya Carroll.  I'm just trying to give out some perspective to cool down your boiling gnome testosterone.

Poop
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 05:20:30 pm »

cool down your boiling gnome testosterone.

I think Trogin took that from him....
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 06:08:01 pm »

I heard he also took his virginity. Shocked

Poop
ccarroll85

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »

Im never angry lol!  The only thing im truly upset about is that they never gave my character the Sex Change i've tried to get for Sooo long Sad

<3

The longer the server is down the more I am drinking today.  Will be fun when its up!

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 06:30:12 pm »

I heard he also took his virginity. Shocked

No, i'm sure Uxt was the first to get to that one. But i have heard he is mass forming a gnome cult in attempt to take over the world.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »

Yes I too have fallen for the gnome brigade, 3 gnome wizards made this week.  /auc buying everything I need to get into T3 with wizards.  Im gonna so rawk the house with my fleet of gnome wizards, rawr.

Poop
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061