Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:42:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: World stopped crashing?  (Read 4506 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:36:53 am »

Tried some fixes for world crashes few days ago and seems we are not crashing anymore. The 48 GB RAM has arrived and I'll install it this weekend, then up the instances available. Also other plans like updating the source code, fix T3-4 armor/spells, etc. Expect some downtime for this.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 03:15:17 am »

Population numbers seem a bit lower, perhaps due to a new game release, or the lack of instances making mobs more scarce.

Has turning instances off reduced the memory usage?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:14:27 am »

Yeah. Black Ops sold over 5 million on the first day. Also we only have the 100k pp instances enabled, and RAM usage is down.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:43:46 am »

anyways pop up or down, we know the reasons..

Thanks Hunter for your time  Cool

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:50:48 am »

Maybe when Hunter suggested people play other games to avoid nerd raging while instances were down they took him to heart.  Tongue I myself returned to minecraft (www.minecraft.net). No joke, it's as addicting as EQ. Best sandbox game I've played, and it's still only in the alpha lol.

Holyfrogg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 09:14:14 am »

Hey guys first post here on the forums but have been playing here on EZ for around 3-4weeks now. I was wondering Hunter when you install the new RAM is it possible that you might be able to drop the price of the Guild instances. I don't mind paying for them since they are such a God Send, Instead of having to compete for Spawns, But 100k is a little steep to be permanent anyways this was just my opinion on it.

Thanks for a great server 
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 12:16:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the average players already found a way to farm 100k pp in about 1 hour.

The 100k pp instances are for the whole guild for a whole 24 hours! I think its a great deal honestly.

High cost prevents spamming of guild instances everywhere, creating them only if really needed.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:49 pm »

I want to know where this 100k/hr spot is, because I must be below average.  Even farming gems for an hour in Velks alone doesn't add up to 100k last time I did it.  Farming something to sell to someone else is possible, but it depends on a buyer being available and finding a spawn that isn't contested.

If more ram is available, what is the harm in going back to the cheaper instance prices?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209