Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:22:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Tacvi rules?  (Read 36201 times)
sadit

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2010, 01:38:16 pm »

So from my understanding, the rules for tacvi is the first group to engage first boss has the full rotation as their camp until they either wipe or cannot continue, is this correct?
If I am not mistaken, then Hardnox of the Stargate guild is a douche. Comes in after my party kills the level 5 boss, Kills the level 6 boss as im telling him to stop, waits for us to kill the level 7 boss, and kills the last boss.

Honestly, i do not think this is fair at all. I mean i waited for the zone to spawn, so therefore is it not my camp? because obviously im only in the zone to kill those 8 mobs.

I can provide screenshots , and screenshots of tells from him telling us what he was doing as he was doing it. if there is anything that can be done about him.

What do you guys think?
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:31:21 pm »

Tacvi has always been a sore spot. It's rearing it's head again due to the instance issues currently.

From what I took of it, there's no 'official' word on the rotation deal and people just consider it a douche move for someone to jump mobs. I don't believe anyone has gotten banned from jumping, just berated and gotten a bad name from it. I could be wrong and anyone can feel free to correct me.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »

They did me the exact same way last night. Just avoid these guys,there making a nice name for themselves.

One of them got mad at me because I beat him to FFA loot in tacvi that was announced in /ooc. I had to zone twice to get there and was there a full 2 minutes before anyone else,so i locked it till I got my pally there,who was 30 sec behind. This dude shows up and hovers over the corpse for 6 full minutes,even after I told him I was looting with my pally. So I just destroyed the loot and gated.

He then proceed to give me nasty tells haha,like I owed him something. I told him he had every opportunity to get there before me and if I'd came up and someone was already there,I would have just moved on.

Whats really funny is if this guy wouldnt have rolled up with attitude,I'd just let him have it and worried about my box later. But he really just rubbed me the wrong way.

edit:spelling
sadit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:12:37 pm »

Interesting, good to know. Stargate Atlantis is a bad guild.
Everlon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 04:15:59 pm »

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.

Cant say i agree with it but it is in the rules.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 04:26:38 pm »

Yea its been talked about before,but never changed in rules. I just dont do it.

I mean technically if someone was on the 1st boss,you could move to last boss,wait till 1st ones dies engage last one and aggro the rest and be done,screwing the guy out of 7 bosses. Just not a cool move.

But I will be treating these guys like they treat me,via the rule. So dont cry when it happens to you Stargate Atlantis !

SG1>SA  Grin
Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »

If they keep doing that just let me know when they show up and ill come kill all bosses at once for ya, if people leap frogging or ninja looting its all the same to me they will get zero mobs with me around if they dont want to play nice.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 05:01:17 pm »

I mean technically if someone was on the 1st boss,you could move to last boss,wait till 1st ones dies engage last one and aggro the rest and be done,screwing the guy out of 7 bosses. Just not a cool move.

I had that happen to me. I was on Boss #2 when a certain someone that lots know on the server ran right by me. I then see him engage Tunat which effectively pulled bosses #3 and on to him. When I asked him why, he said it's in the rules that it's fine and continued. That was the first time I was so pissed I spouted in ooc. Yeah, that's a mistake, but I've learned since that happened.

He justified his actions by stating he was only there for silk and the rest will rot and I can have it. To me, that wasn't the point and I will henceforth consider him a douche and will treat him as such.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

People can keep going and reading the rules and being technical and saying hey, it's not against the rules and I don't care that others have said that Hunter has in the past said that Tacvi is a special case. The only thing that will get you is 3 things.

1. A bad rep. Now you can work your way out of this one, but it is really hard, especially if you don't have much of a rep otherwise.

2. An eventual ban. Hunter has stated in the past that Tacvi is its own special case. He has stated that the first to engage has rights to all the rest of the bosses in that zone. As for where that post is, it is lost. But we the veterans of the server are helping you out by telling you, 'hey, Hunter will ban you for this shit'. Furthermore, there is a douche bag rule. Don't think it is a douche move? Well the mass majority of the server (including Hunter) does.

3. Some armor. Pretty insignificant when you can't use it because you have no friends on the server cause everyone thinks your a douche.

Zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »

All good points. But what happened to Hunter saying that he was going to change Tacvi to anguish? That would squash this issue permanently.
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:35:28 pm »

had someone try to leapfrog me the other day jumped onto mob 5 let him kill it while i killed mob 6 and 7 and then he tried to sit at tunat and tell me that it was camped rofl so ya i took tunat and killed him when he spawned then tried to tell me he has fraps it and i was gonna get banned.. Lol after I sat in tacvi for 3 hrs giving away everything but leather woulda had no problem giving him the plate pieces but wanted to try to be a dick. best of luck to you juggernaut {not the clan} and your other toons lol ill see you around im sure.

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
ccarroll85

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 01:41:04 pm »

Another vote for Stargate Atlantis being a crap guild.  They constantly show no regard to respect.  Hardknox in particualr is a Douche and a half.  Just adding my two cents.

Carroll the Tripod - Level 70 ShadowKnight
Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 03:44:28 pm »

Fucking douche.
Also I am pretty sure you can still see the thread in question.
Stargate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 05:38:29 pm »

hello this is stargate, leader of the guild stargate atlantis, well ex leader *i removed it from ez server* as a favor i would like to ask you to to remove this post it makes me and anyone wearing my tag look very bad, i removed the members in question over this post even tho its not agenst the rules i do not want members willing to do that to others makes me look bad, stargate atlantis was a Verry Good good and i have recently made a new guild Named stargate universe and when others look it up to apply they also find this post i am sorry someone from my old guild did this to you and to anyone i handled it the right way and just cause one noob got in Sga does not make the whole guild a bad guild just means theres a bad apple and it needs to be tossed out.  please do me a favor and remove this post as it is no longer needed. thank you...                             

Stargate

Life's a Bitch and so is Death, so slap them both and smoke a bowl!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 06:56:11 pm »

This thread has been dead since November 13, 2010....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 304