Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:23:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Tacvi rules?  (Read 36347 times)
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 06:57:48 pm »

Good job bumping it though.  It had been dead  Roll Eyes
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 08:01:23 pm »

This thread has been dead since November 13, 2010....

Corrections, wasdead until Stargate resurrected it.

Stargate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 09:24:32 pm »

what is you're point, it still looks bad for those who look to apply to my NEW guild if its Dead then there shouldint be an issue in me asking for it to be removed  Shocked

Life's a Bitch and so is Death, so slap them both and smoke a bowl!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 09:39:48 pm »

what is you're point, it still looks bad for those who look to apply to my NEW guild if its Dead then there shouldint be an issue in me asking for it to be removed  Shocked

Not to be a jerk, but lets see why your request likely won't work here.

Reason 1:

You can see in this picture, the Author is Sadit. He posted this November 12, 2010. Not a big issue here. Just clarifying that he is, in fact, the author.

Reason 2:

As you can see in this picture, the Author of said thread has not logged into the forums since November 19, 2010. Meaning he hasn't been on the forums for nearly four months. By the time he does see this, if he logs in, it will likely be dead and forgotten again.

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 11:26:38 am »

Stargate relax, your still gonna get tons of noobies to join your guild, and we will have tons of new posts to complain about very soon... BTW, do your job as a Leader, i shouldnt be receieving tells from your guildies asking me to help them in epic 2.0 !!!

-Lightblade

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 11:49:17 am »

LOL save your breath my friend, we went round and round on this issue a couple months ago...

Short answer, don't "leap".  It's generally considered rude and a no-no.

Long answer, as you found out the rules specificially say it is allowed.  Even though some of the more... "vocal" shall we say?  members of this board swear up and down that Hunter created a special rule for Tacvi (and then buried it somewhere nobody can actually find it... lol) clearly the rules that are right here... that everyone can easily find with one click... seem to contradict that.  That said, just don't do it.  You may not be banned for it, but the players here have made their own rule regarding Tacvi, and it's just not worth burning your rep over it... is it?  Why?  Just spring for the whopping 10k and create a guild instance - poof - problem solved.

Stargate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 11:51:42 am »

Not to be a jerk, but lets see why your request likely won't work here.

Reason 1:

You can see in this picture, the Author is Sadit. He posted this November 12, 2010. Not a big issue here. Just clarifying that he is, in fact, the author.

Reason 2:

As you can see in this picture, the Author of said thread has not logged into the forums since November 19, 2010. Meaning he hasn't been on the forums for nearly four months. By the time he does see this, if he logs in, it will likely be dead and forgotten again.
wow, alright well that's a news flash, not cool.. so i guess there's nothing i can do but take it up with the moderator witch i have, i am waiting for a reply, it might be dead and forgotten soon, as you said but EVERY time someone types in *stargate* or *stargate universe* to apply to my guild they see this posting right under it so its not that DEAD or Forgotten i am starting to feel like my name and anyone hanging with me or wearing my tag is being Slandered by this section of the forums, its a very old issue Stargate Anlantis does not even exist any more, the players in question here were removed over this issue, this post is doing nothing useful all it is doing is making Stargate look real bad and no rules were broken so what is this post other then a hate post or a Rant ? i do not know but i am upset about it and i would like something to be done about it. Shocked

gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 12:17:16 pm »

People can keep going and reading the rules and being technical and saying hey, it's not against the rules and I don't care that others have said that Hunter has in the past said that Tacvi is a special case. The only thing that will get you is 3 things.

1. A bad rep. Now you can work your way out of this one, but it is really hard, especially if you don't have much of a rep otherwise.

it might be dead and forgotten soon, as you said but EVERY time someone types in *stargate* or *stargate universe* to apply to my guild they see this posting right under it so its not that DEAD or Forgotten i am starting to feel like my name and anyone hanging with me or wearing my tag is being Slandered by this section of the forums, its a very old issue Stargate Anlantis does not even exist any more, the players in question here were removed over this issue, this post is doing nothing useful all it is doing is making Stargate look real bad and no rules were broken so what is this post other then a hate post or a Rant ? i do not know but i am upset about it and i would like something to be done about it. Shocked

Looks like Xiggie spoke the truth, and the chickens are coming home to roost. 
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 12:34:11 pm »

EVERY time someone types in *stargate* or *stargate universe* to apply to my guild they see this posting right under it

If it means enough to you, you can always remake your guild under a different name. I know it is a hassle, but if you don't include "Stargate" in the name nobody will get the two mixed up.

Or, you could just leave it as it is. If they find this thread, they'll find this discussion too. If a person takes the time to search for your name, I'm sure they'll read the thread.
Stargate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 12:35:17 pm »

Do you people not understand?, it was not me that messed up in tacvi, it was not any one in Stargate Universe, the players that messed up are not playing on ez server any more and are not part of Stargate Universe in anyway, and since this is the case it means this whole section of the forums is Unneeded and out-dated and should be removed there are members that posted things like
Fucking douche.
Also I am pretty sure you can still see the thread in question.
i mean really what is this section other then a hate thread or ? Huh i mean Rules are Rules they did not brake any for one, and for two i removed them for it my self i do not agree with what they did and would not have done it my self             

Stargate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »

EVERY time someone types in *stargate* or *stargate universe* to apply to my guild they see this posting right under it

If it means enough to you, you can always remake your guild under a different name. I know it is a hassle, but if you don't include "Stargate" in the name nobody will get the two mixed up.

Or, you could just leave it as it is. If they find this thread, they'll find this discussion too. If a person takes the time to search for your name, I'm sure they'll read the thread.
that is Very true but it would be nice if they did not have to go thru 2- how ever many pages this goes on for just to see the truth behind it all

pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 01:10:26 pm »

You shoulda just left this thread alone and emailed a link to Hunter tbh, it was all but forgotten.
balthor3
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »

I made a brand new forum account just to tell you:
Shut the fuck up you whiny bitch.
Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:38 pm »

has anyone bumped this one lately?

/bump
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 04:00:27 pm »