Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:21:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Thanksgiving Event  (Read 14167 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:47:47 am »

The thanksgiving event is now active! You can find it in the Nexus to start the quest. Look for the gigantic roboboar, he's named "An EZ Feast"! He's got a beef with this big ol' chicken, and needs your help! This boss is intended to be harder than PoD bosses but easier than PoG bosses.

The reward is pretty nice and is only available seasonally around this time of the year.

Enjoy!

EDIT: For clarification on the reward, it is changing with the 6AM reboot.

It basically works like this right now:

It casts a beneficial spell on nearby people that increases spelldmg and meleedmg by 15%. This effect lasts for 24 seconds, and is casted on a random person within 100 meters every 6 seconds. The thing that casts the spell lasts one minute. 1 hour recast.

It is going to be changed to this:

It casts a beneficial spell on nearby people that increases spelldmg and meleedmg by 25%. This effect lasts for 30 seconds, and is casted on a random person within 100 meters every 6 seconds. The thing that casts the spell lasts 3m 30s. 10 minute recast.

You will NOT need a new spellfile when the effects are changed. It will just display incorrectly under MQ2 if you examine the effect.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:16:04 am by Secrets » Logged
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 07:04:23 am »

Is this just lasting today?

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:42:19 am »

Is this just lasting today?

Probably going to be whenever Hunter wants to turn it off. We plan on making something on each holiday, and we'll reuse them each year.

Also updated main post with more info.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 11:20:26 am »

I got one for my war, would have one for my Sk/Cle/Rng but forgot to hail the quest bot, haha.  Should I be good with just one?  Would getting one for my other boxes be beneficial in any way?

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 12:16:57 pm »

From what i can see you'll need 3 of them if you want the effect up all the time. Well the pet up all the time casting it on random people since it last for 3 mins and 30 secs and recast is 10 mins. Having 3 would put you at 10 mins and 30 seconds.

But on a different note thanks for the event secrets. Was fun times this morning pwning the giant Cherkey. Lol aoe root/earth illusion made me say wtf and run a cleric out lol. Not to mention getting guilds to set aside their differences and take this thing down together. Ahh was good times indeed. Tho upon first zoning in I realized I had to don my chastity belt since Uxt was in the zone. Tho a valiant effort he said it was a 100% fail. Uxt chasing after the backside of a giant chicken just made me wonder. Sigh.  Somethings should never see the light of day. LoL all in all another great event and memories made.  Grin

O yeah and Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Grin mmmm deep fried turkey.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:27:16 pm by Cracken » Logged
Ronny68

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 12:49:51 pm »

Sorry Im biting my tongue.  Roll Eyes
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 12:58:11 pm »

Sorry Im biting my tongue.  Roll Eyes

Is this THE Ronny? 

If so..

RRRRRROOONNNNNYYYy!!!!1111111

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 02:07:29 pm »

I ended up killing him three times. First time people had borked the raid and I didn't get exp even though my boxed 4.0 Pally got the kill shot, and i was doing a majority of the Killing it seemed...Neither of my toons died and My 4.0 Warrior had aggro on the chicken 95% of the time.

By the second/third time I ended up getting 6 of these pets, then logged, and made plans to go out hunting for the afternoon (unlike I initially intended...thinking we had double loot going on this weekend). I don't even know when I'll even use this thing either tbh.

Not really worth wasting the entire weekend away for it. With the cluster of people filling the zone, and trying to get people to correctly form a raid so everyone gets the pet, i feel it was far from being fun honestly, and more irritating than anything. It was nothing like Halloween, sadly.

Hopefully, Hunter will toss up Double loot for the people that don't want to do this/have already done it to make the holiday more fun and beneficial for people trying to get ready for T5.

Good Try though, Secrets. ^.^

- Prophets Out!
Going to go get me a Buck!

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »

I was really looking toward to double loot, honestly getting burned out a bit grinding T1 and T2. I understand T3,4 are worse but the double loot weekends keep you going. These events are cool and I really appreciate the effort involved to make them happen but maybe we could do both Smiley

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »

Blah don't listen to the humbug of these nay sayers. The event made me wake up bright and early to mess around on Ez. It was good times to be had. People just want more and are never happy with what they get. They forget that its not something that has to be done double loot or other wise. These are all added bonuses and i for one thank you for your time.Maybe next time have public 1 and 2 instances of the zone to cut down on the people in one zone. That being said i look forward to more events like this for Christmas hopefully.   Grin

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 05:10:03 pm »

Blah don't listen to the humbug of these nay sayers. The event made me wake up bright and early to mess around on Ez. It was good times to be had. People just want more and are never happy with what they get. They forget that its not something that has to be done double loot or other wise. These are all added bonuses and i for one thank you for your time.Maybe next time have public 1 and 2 instances of the zone to cut down on the people in one zone. That being said i look forward to more events like this for Christmas hopefully.   Grin

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers

Well said Cracken!

Thank you for a fantastic event Secrets.  Well thought out and highly creative!  Had late 90's images of Hexen's giant Chicken the entire time I was playing this morning. 

Awesome work!
Strix

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 05:12:16 pm »

When I first tried the event, all of my boxes crashed.  Logged right back in and wifey logged in her toons and then almost immediately after trying the next bird we all crashed.  

Was a bit disheartened at this point, honestly.

That said, we waited until the zone died down a bit and tried it again - success on all accounts.

Was a fun fight and a nice little diversion.

The only suggestion I would make would be to let it run another day or two so that people who had crashing issues can try it with less people in the zone.  Other than that A++, Would Tank Again!
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 05:35:52 pm »

I had fun, thank you Hunter and Secrets. It was great to participate in a social activity for once! reminded me of old times.

Jalyn - Thanks for the raid invite.

Looking forward to more group/raid type events in the future.
Richard

The name is Richard Reames =) FaceBook it!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »

Awesome event!!! Hope everyone had fun this Thanksgiving!!!

War-Empathy
War-Empathyii
Monk-Sympathy
Paly-Empathys
Paly-Zempathy
Paly-Xempathy
Rog-Staburit
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 11:01:30 pm »

Too frustrated this morning due to the crazy lag, but I had fun up in the hills with the family!  I'm probably just going to login the morning to use up my stones saved up over the last few weeks in T4.  Hope all of you had a happy Thanksgiving guys and gals.

Poop
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057