Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 01:06:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Subject: balanced classes  (Read 16295 times)
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:17 pm »

Just before server downtime someone said in ooc that all the classes should be balanced to deal same dmg/dps... thats an absurd remark. Possibly you play and love a mage etc, but why should your mage do same dmg as a war with 2x 4.0 or a shd or pally or monk.

Every class is unique, i personally have 11 of em now. All 70 all epic 3.0.

I can safely say mages have an uber pet, and at 4.0 i hear hes insane. A pally doesnt get a pet, his choice at living is to proc his sword, and yes we die when we dont proc. A war cant heal, he has no choice but to dps a boss/mob down or die, these are balances, a true balance is every class has their str's and weaknesses. Bugs the heck outa me when i see people crying over one toon get this & that because they dont roll that toon. Roll the toon and play it and see why people like/dislike some more then others.

The contant QQ about one class has to stop, getting old very fast.

Apology

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 03:15:02 pm »

Many of the functions of "class flavor" have been removed on EZ, perhaps inadvertently. The bard, for example, had very
low DPS on live, but still obtained value by providing things like mass mana regeneration. Clearly that isn't something the
bard can do anymore. Look to another bard-defining trait, swarm kiting, and youll find it absent on EZ as well.

There are without a doubt several classes stuck in a purgatory, completely useless to end-game play by the merits of
reasonable contrast. Some of these find niches. Enchanters are good for one or two buffs, so an end-game enchanter
gets to tab to his window once every hour or so and cast a buff. A druid is good for running your real characters through
ROA. Others are in the same boat.

You say that classes need to be considered by their lists of strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps you could shed some light
on the strengths of playing an enchanter as opposed to a paladin. If you cannot, maybe you will fully understand the
dissapointment of killing a T2-4 boss and finding cloth patterns.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:54:00 pm by Apology » Logged

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:24:55 pm »

You say that classes need to be considered by their lists of strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps you could shed some light
on the strengths of playing an enchanter as opposed to a paladin. If you cannot, perhaps you will fully understand the
dissapointment of killing a T2-4 boss and finding cloth patterns

You had me at hello.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:56:41 pm »

The pet classes especially the mage pet is still crap at 4.0.

Poop
Balthor2
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:18:17 am »

I wish people would stop bitching about class X being to powerful and getting shit nerfed.
Remember the QQ about pofire crashes? Shit was generally caused by warriors but everyone and their mother pointed at bards and look what happened.
No seriously, some classes could use some love but not at the expense of wreaking other classes.
No one enjoys pumping time and effort into one of their characters to then have that class beat down.

Oh hai enc you can buff my paladins until I take the time to charm them. Its what I use my enc for
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:01:12 am »

I wish people would stop bitching about class X being to powerful and getting shit nerfed.

That's wishful thinking there. Since the beginning of EQ people have complained about classes being over/under powered. That's no different on this server too. Now I will say when the top tank is also the top dps that's a little odd. Hunter said he wanted to slow down some of the progression. Well if that's the case slow down the dps of a warrior so you can't just plow through a boss. T1/T2 for example are pretty much tank and spank bosses. Sure there are the adds in T2 but nothing that you can't heal through with a pally. So you have a small group of a warrior or two and a pally or two and you just plow through it all. Pretty basic and simple there. Pally's are another over powered class. Hunter even said they've taken the place of clerics. So now you basically have your best healer, who is a tank, and another decent dps class. Now that may upset a lot  who play a warrior and/or pallly but who cares it is what it is. But if that is the way Hunter wants it then that's fine. I play a SK instead of a Warr, but do use a pally and couldn't care less if one class is over powered or underpowered. All I do is just adapt to the game. I didn't start with my pally he was the last class I made and once i realized how beneficial it was I made one. Only reason I don't make a warrior is because I don't feel like farming that much plate and we already have enough in our guild to were I don't have to. EQ in general is an evolving game. Some classes are going to be better than others that's just the way it is. But if Hunter wants to avoid people just steam rolling through the content you either have to make much tougher content, some that would even require other classes to be involved or nerf the current classes to slow things down.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:07:44 am »

I know man I know.

edit1:
man you shoulda seen how it use to be tho. Warrior was twice as OP then. Only reason warrior is so sick now is the content is dated and we have mega charms that people earned.
for a long time i rocked war pal clr mnk brd rng
this shit was pre pal change
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 10:08:20 am »

Yeah me too Balth, I miss using my monks.  I still use my clerics though because I have to argue that paladins have not replaced them and those of you that fight in T4 know what I mean.

Poop
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:46 am »

I'm just going off what I read Hunter say in another thread that pallys seemed to have replaced clerics. I'm assuming he's looking in his database and noticing a lot more pallys created than clerics.

kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:26 am »

I don't think gnaughty wants to give away t4 and MCP strats

lets just say that clerics can cast something that the other classes can't

its not impossible to beat t4 or MCP without a cleric or 2 but it is easier

everything up to T3.. pallies can easily replace clerics
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 01:46:45 pm »

I know a guy on server who boxes 3 pallies, all of whom crit proc heal for ~32k almost constantly with 3.5s (I believe)

Kinda beats the tar out of CCH =P

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 03:06:07 pm »

I know a guy on server who boxes 3 pallies, all of whom crit proc heal for ~32k almost constantly with 3.5s (I believe)

I am guessing CCH = Chain Complete Heal. I don't know anyone on this server who uses CCH.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 03:11:22 pm »

I am guessing CCH = Chain Complete Heal. I don't know anyone on this server who uses CCH.

I did once while leveling up and had never played a cleric before. Then someone had shown me the light. But I think he may be referring to just spamming the quick heals or group heals....I think w/heal focus or epic click....or at least that's what I hope he was referring.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 06:33:18 pm »

I was referring to Chain CELESTIAL Healing... Hellooooooooo?

Nah. I was referring to Complete Healing, but I was using it as kind of an example. Say pallys in EQ Live could proc 7500 dmg heals as fast as they do here. Compare that to the casting time of clerics actually casting 7500 dmg worth of heals in that game. BIG difference. It's like comparing pennies to quarters.

It was kinda meant as a comparison, and yes I do understand complete heal is obsolete =P

But damn... pallies smackin' the crap out of something, healing 32k hp every 2-5 seconds... that's hard to beat. Get 2-3 of 'em on the team, that's DPS, AS WELL AS heals! win/win. Clerics don't DPS and heal at the same time, do they?

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 09:20:49 pm »

Cleric is still superior at healing. With oracle 12 my cleric heal crits for 48k. Cast time is 3.2. Getting oracle even higher and the difference gets even greater.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 232